Guerlain discussion

sugarberry

I was hoping that also but after seeing that review, it looks like it will only be a highlight for my nc42 skintone.
Omniphorbia beauty had her swatches up as well, but she didn't attempt to capture how all the colors swirled together would be. The red ball does seem to pack quite a punch, so maybe Temptalia's is overly bronze because of her crushed balls.

Audrey C

Omniphorbia beauty had her swatches up as well, but she didn't attempt to capture how all the colors swirled together would be. The red ball does seem to pack quite a punch, so maybe Temptalia's is overly bronze because of her crushed balls.
I'm now rethinking my purchase; if they look at bronzy as they do on Christine, I don't want them. I have and almost never use HG Radiant Light in my palette and I get a similar look from that. If they're as dark as they look, I might try out the regular Meteorites instead.

Medgal07

Temptalia has a review up on her website for the Meteorites!
http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-perles-detoiles-meteorites-illuminating-pearls-review-photos-swatches

It looks so warm! I thought the pink/red balls would give a slight flush to the skin. Guess not!

They don't even look like a representation of the product as advertised. I don't think I'd keep those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey C

I'm now rethinking my purchase; if they look at bronzy as they do on Christine, I don't want them. I have and almost never use HG Radiant Light in my palette and I get a similar look from that. If they're as dark as they look, I might try out the regular Meteorites instead.
Her Meteorites look abused.
icon_eek.gif
What a shame! Not a single color was distinguishable. When @elegant-one once got a messy looking batch she returned them pronto.

Audrey C

icon_eek.gif
What a shame! Not a single color was distinguishable. When @elegant-one once got a messy looking batch she returned them pronto.
I'm going to check them out in person tomorrow; if they're paler when not smashed up then I'll get them. I wanted to be able to wear these all over as a finishing powder and they look too dark for that (at least on me).

Monsy

Audrey you should try medium shade from their permanent range. It would be perfect for all over

Medgal07

Yes Sugarberry,
iagree.gif
This is most likely a crushed-ball situation. I hope my balls arrive intact and distinguishable.

Audrey C

Audrey you should try medium shade from their permanent range. It would be perfect for all over
I'll try both. The 02 Clair are too pink for me; I have strong yellow undertones, that's why I was initially attracted to the Perles d'Etoiles.

Monsy

I am VERY yellow and 03 medium or however they are called now are my favorites (i have an old version they used to be 02 and clair was 01 )

sugarberry

icon_eek.gif
Yeah, if my balls came crushed like that, I would definitely be complaining. Part of the allure is in the way the colored balls look in the pot.

Monsy

I think we wrote in a wrong thread because there is a separate thread for guerlain holiday collection

laurennnxox

Hey all! Does anyone happen to have Rouge G in Geneva (48), and with either a light or fair skin tone? I love how it looks on Christine from Temptalia, but in the past I haven't had any luck picking pretty coral colors merely based off her swatches or others with darker skin tones. I'm curious to what it would look like, and I've had my eye on it for a while! It's not available on sephora, which is why I'm so hesitant. (Their return policy is fabulous, and I don't live near any other places where I can return in store.)

beautycool

Hi I ordered the holiday meteorites And still in shipment I will ask my frirnd to take a picture for me when they turn up And also they not supposed to be crushed are they ? Also for the ones that don't want the red balls in them I didn't think there were that many red in the pot anyhow Besides people have taken the red ones out anyhow and used for a blush in the past I heard