Guerlain discussion

Medgal07

I also picked up Orgueil still waiting to get used
I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one suffering from product overload
girlhaha.gif
I don't put things on as soon as I get them. I put them in circulation with the rest of my stash and reach for them when the opportunity presents. I wear makeup mostly everyday---I may have 2-4 days max per month that I go without makeup for one reason or another, but I eventually get around to using everything.

Medgal07

Meddy!!!! Its here!!
pompom.gif
I ordered it later than the Chanel one and its here! Hopefully the chanel bronzer will be here tomm!!!
sigh.gif

cheerleader.gif
OMG!!! Do you love it? Oh it's so pretty---I love the bottle. Talk to me about the scent!! Oh I hope mine arrives soon!!!

novocainedreams

I have a question about the Guerlain pressed powders...do they work similar to the Hourglass Ambient powders? If I use one would the other be necessary? Are they interchangeable type items, or do people use them together for different things?

Psych1

Just tried the Guerlian Parfum you ladies have been talking about. It's very pretty, smells just like Michael Kors, heavy on the gardenia I believe. It's a lovely scent though!
Just wanted to follow up with my post about the perfume. I tried it on at around 8 pm at the mall, I used 2 full sprays on my wrist and by 12 am there was barely any fragrance left on my wrist. Hopefully the perfume lingers longer on clothing.

Medgal07

I have a question about the Guerlain pressed powders...do they work similar to the Hourglass Ambient powders? If I use one would the other be necessary? Are they interchangeable type items, or do people use them together for different things?
Yes. I use them like over all beauty powders---not to set my makeup. I first use my setting powder and then a light dusting pf the PMs. I've never tried using them as
highlighters but I suppose one might build it up in that way on the high planes of the face.

Medgal07

Just wanted to follow up with my post about the perfume. I tried it on at around 8 pm at the mall, I used 2 full sprays on my wrist and by 12 am there was barely any fragrance left on my wrist. Hopefully the perfume lingers longer on clothing.
That's not too bad. I prefer a scent that isn't overpowering, and dissipates to a soft fade, over time.

novocainedreams

Yes. I use them like over all beauty powders---not to set my makeup. I first use my setting powder and then a light dusting pf the PMs. I've never tried using them as
highlighters but I suppose one might build it up in that way on the high planes of the face.
That makes sense...I probably don't need the PP right now then, but need and want are two different things.
lmao.gif
What would you consider a setting powder then? I generally just use my Hourglass Ambient in Diffused all over after I use my mineral foundation, but that is it.

Medgal07

That makes sense...I probably don't need the PP right now then, but need and want are two different things.
lmao.gif
What would you consider a setting powder then? I generally just use my Hourglass Ambient in Diffused all over after I use my mineral foundation, but that is it.
I set my makeup with either NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder, Crystal or MAC Mystery Powder, Dark Secret (Making Pretty Collection. 2012). Most products indicate their usage. I always think a setting powder provides a cohesive look & may help to minimize oily breakthrough. A finishing powder may give a smooth finish or 'veil' and/or perhaps a subtle glow.

novocainedreams

I set my makeup with either NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder, Crystal or MAC Mystery Powder, Dark Secret (Making Pretty Collection. 2012). Most products indicate their usage. I always think a setting powder provides a cohesive look & may help to minimize oily breakthrough. A finishing powder may give a smooth finish or 'veil' and/or perhaps a subtle glow.
Ah ok. I have the driest skin ever so I never think about the oil part, before the Hourglass powder I used either Bare Minerals setting, which I wasn't super fond of or diamond finishing powder but then I got the Ambient powder and it seemed to work just as well, if not better for me so I stopped using the other.

Medgal07

Ah ok. I have the driest skin ever so I never think about the oil part, before the Hourglass powder I used either Bare Minerals setting, which I wasn't super fond of or diamond finishing powder but then I got the Ambient powder and it seemed to work just as well, if not better for me so I stopped using the other.
One size doesn't fit all---I'd say if that's woking for you, don't change a thing.
friends.gif
I use the Ambient powder as a finisher.

Anitacska

That's exactly what happened to me, 4 hours later there was no trace of it on my wrist whatsoever.

Monsy

That's exactly what happened to me, 4 hours later there was no trace of it on my wrist whatsoever.
That is unfortunately standard in the fragrance industry lately. Especially for summer scent but not just for them. Barely anyone makes power houses that stay on 12+ hours

laurennnxox

That is unfortunately standard in the fragrance industry lately. Especially for summer scent but not just for them. Barely anyone makes power houses that stay on 12+ hours 
To me that is disappointing! I like my fragrance to stay on most of the day so I don't have to reapply. I believe it's Coco Mademoiselle that I have that I only need one spray-- and I'll still smell it faintly on my clothes the next day or so when I go to do laundry! It's easy to over do that scent though. I have to be careful. :haha:

Monsy

Coco M has been reformulated couple of years ago as most of the other popular scents and now staying power is miserable. Couple of hours on me.
The only one that has fragrances that stay on even after you shower and weeks on clothes is Mugler

laurennnxox

Coco M has been reformulated couple of years ago as most of the other popular scents and now staying power is miserable. Couple of hours on me.  The only one that has fragrances that stay on even after you shower and weeks on clothes is Mugler
Disappointing to hear. My bottle that I had finished a while ago might have been pre-reformation. I'll have to check it out in stores again. Pity, I really liked that scent! I just habe re-purchased for I have enough fragrances right now.

mkoparanova

Coco M has been reformulated couple of years ago as most of the other popular scents and now staying power is miserable. Couple of hours on me.
The only one that has fragrances that stay on even after you shower and weeks on clothes is Mugler
iagree.gif

kkeely30

:cheer: [COLOR=0000FF]OMG!!! Do you love it?  Oh it's so pretty---I love the bottle.  Talk to me about the scent!!  Oh I hope mine arrives soon!!![/COLOR]
Mine arrived too, but my husband is holding it hostage until my birthday at the end of the month. Grr. Let me know if you guys love it!!

Latest posts