Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was swatching it in store yesterday and I am tempted to go back and get it. I love the super-fine texture, which really does seem to give a glow rather than just look sparkly.

Ernie

I was swatching it in store yesterday and I am tempted to go back and get it. I love the super-fine texture, which really does seem to give a glow rather than just look sparkly.
Yes, I agree, it's not sparkly at all. It's a huge size though, isn't it?

Miss QQ

^^ Enjoy! It looks so gorgeous even in the pan. I wish my counters have it. So you like this a lot more than Chanel's Lucky Strips, other than it is more affordable?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yes, I agree, it's not sparkly at all. It's a huge size though, isn't it?

It's big, but not the size of the super-bronzer (mosaic one) they had last year.

So... I got to see the RA shines yesterday! They are lovely. I find them more pigmented than the Chanel RC Shines- more like the new Dior ones (the name of which eludes me). They're sheer, but have a good amount of colour. I tried on Rose Imperiale, which is a lovely coral-pink shade. It's a creamy shade, but several of them have shimmer.

The formula is very soft and feels moisturising. I didn't wear it for that long, so I can't comment on wear time, but it felt like it was hanging on.

Can't wait to pick a couple of these up!

Shadowy Lady

It's big, but not the size of the super-bronzer (mosaic one) they had last year.

So... I got to see the RA shines yesterday! They are lovely. I find them more pigmented than the Chanel RC Shines- more like the new Dior ones (the name of which eludes me). They're sheer, but have a good amount of colour. I tried on Rose Imperiale, which is a lovely coral-pink shade. It's a creamy shade, but several of them have shimmer.

The formula is very soft and feels moisturising. I didn't wear it for that long, so I can't comment on wear time, but it felt like it was hanging on.

Can't wait to pick a couple of these up!
Hey Kate, did u get to test how long they wear? I liked the RCS's but they don't last past 2hours or so on me :( hoping these are a bit better

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey Kate, did u get to test how long they wear? I liked the RCS's but they don't last past 2hours or so on me :( hoping these are a bit better

I didn't wear it for that long because I was on my way to lunch, but the consistency leads me to believe that they'd last well longer than the RCS. There's more colour coverage- along the lines of a Mac lustre lipstick- and although there was a fair amount of slip, the colour did seem to "settle" after a couple of minutes.

Miss QQ

katred - does the RA shine stain your lips and does the moisture last? The RCS does not last on me but they leave a stain.

shontay07108

Major rave for the new shine lipsticks. Checked them out at Saks today and bought two. There was a substitute saleslady and apparently, the regular Guerlain person didn't leave out testers. So, this woman was nice enough to open every one and let me see the colors (although I couldn't swipe). That made me kinda nervous , but I took the plunge and bought #240(Pamplelune-orange/coral) and #202(Mi-Mai-pinky brown). I gotta say pigmentation is not a problem at all. I was afraid they'd be as sheer as the YSL couture shines. Nope. #240 is a stunner. Reminds a bit of Sari Dore Coco shine by Chanel. The stunning part of these lipsticks is the shimmer. #202, I am on the fence about. It blends in a little too well to my natural lips. There's tons of shine, but I can get that with a normal lipstick. This will be better on people with lips lighter than mine. I think I might just exchange it for another one. These are so outstanding that I might just buy the plums and red even though I am so over those colors. I also love that there is no strong scent. Major +. I couldn't properly capture #240 on my lips. It looks pink, but it's distinctly orange/coral. So, I just took pictures of the lipsticks together. The swatch of color on the tube is true to what you get.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for the review and pics! The label at the bottom is so shiny and fun. Do they smell like the RAs?

shontay07108

^^ Thanks for the review and pics! The label at the bottom is so shiny and fun. Do they smell like the RAs?
Mine don't have a scent at all, actually. Thankful for that. I almost had to put the tube up my nose and I still couldn't smell anything. :lol: I could taste it though. That wasn't too pleasant, but that's my fault for putting on too much of the nude shade to make it more intense.

Monsy

Oh pearls come to me
eyelove.gif

Miss QQ

This will be an expensive collection for me. I want the blush/bronzer, the pearls, the glosses - the blue and one other, and maybe the brush and khol. I have been kicking myself for not buying the kohl last year. The blush/bronzer's packaging is the same as the highlighter last fall/holiday, and it's pretty but a little clumsy. When it was brand now, I accidentally knocked the surface of the powder twice when I put the lid back.

shadowaddict

I don't wear bronzer so the blush/bronzer is out for me but I do like how it looks. I love how the pearls look, although may be too dark for my pale skin. I guess I'll wait for swatches and reviews. The brush and pouch are so cute.

Miss QQ

^^ Can't wait for swatches too! The brush and pouch are so cute. The pearls are using quite translucent and brightening so you may be able to wear them.

Ikram

some more real pics, but no swatches.

http://styleseekingzurich.blogspot.com/2012/03/terra-azzurra-by-emilio-pucci-guerlain.html

You can see detail of the pouch and seems to be VERY nice. Yeah it is Guerlain, I Dont know why I tought it would be cheapo pouches.

BTW: Did anyone note that the eye quad comes in chocolate brown packaging instead of gold? LOVE

How do you use the Khol? Is that an eyeliner?

I so wish it would be out right now, I am going to Carribean in 2 weeks and this would be perfect to wear. Touch up with Pucci bronzer and Pucci brush in sleek pouches on beautiful tropical beach. Please Saks or Bergdorf get it soon!!