Guerlain discussion

Anitacska

Just saw this post on British Beauty Blogger about the Guerlain Terracotta collection Sun In The City:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-terracotta-2012-collection-sun.html

I am really excited about the Golden Glimmer Powder!
heart.gif
And yes, those are liquid blushes, but I think I will pass on those. But the Golden Glimmer Powder will be mine!

Also, here's the lin to BBB's post on the Rouge Automatique Shine lipsticks: http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-shine-automatique-hydrating.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
Just saw this post on British Beauty Blogger about the Guerlain Terracotta collection Sun In The City:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-terracotta-2012-collection-sun.html

I am really excited about the Golden Glimmer Powder!
heart.gif
And yes, those are liquid blushes, but I think I will pass on those. But the Golden Glimmer Powder will be mine!

Also, here's the lin to BBB's post on the Rouge Automatique Shine lipsticks: http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/02/guerlain-shine-automatique-hydrating.html
I don't know if I'll be able to handle the Golden Glimmer Powder, although it looks beautiful... Since Mitsouko is my favourite fragrance ever (well, in my top 3, at least), I feel like I have to get that.

Ikram

Is the Golden Glimmer this year's Terra Inca?

I worry it will be pure shimmer.

So far I am not excited about anything I saw from Guerlain's as well as Chanel's summer collections, except the coral eye quad.
Let's keep our fingers crossed it is coral and not pink.

But I am very excited about the Bollywood collection. Yay.

Anitacska

Well, no I don't think so. Terra Inca was part of the colour collection, but this is the Terracotta collection that they do every year as well as the colour collection. Last year they did that big mosaic bronzer (I din't get that one), so I think this is more that size/type. I don't mind if it's pure shimmer, I like shimmer. :)

Is the Golden Glimmer this year's Terra Inca?

I worry it will be pure shimmer.

So far I am not excited about anything I saw from Guerlain's as well as Chanel's summer collections, except the coral eye quad.
Let's keep our fingers crossed it is coral and not pink.

But I am very excited about the Bollywood collection. Yay.

Miss QQ

Will the Pucci collection be available worldwide? I want Terra Azzurra. The khol looks beautiful too! I didn't get the kohl last summer and have been wanting it badly.

bis

Will the Pucci collection be available worldwide? I want Terra Azzurra. The khol looks beautiful too! I didn't get the kohl last summer and have been wanting it badly.
I think so, it looks like the regular summer collection and so far Guerlain was not playing the Chanel game. Right now I am really happy that I did not get the Christmas pearls as those look much better and I do like the Terra powder as well. And the khol. this is going to be very expensive.

Miss QQ

Hi bis! Thanks, now I feel better knowing my counters will most likely be getting the collection. You are right that Guerlain has not been playing the games like Chanel. I like the pearls here too, the packaging is pretty, but I bought the holiday one. I have to cut back on something to fund for these.

bis

Hi bis! Thanks, now I feel better knowing my counters will most likely be getting the collection. You are right that Guerlain has not been playing the games like Chanel. I like the pearls here too, the packaging is pretty, but I bought the holiday one. I have to cut back on something to fund for these.
Yes, I know what you mean, I was really tempted by the Holiday ones, so for once yay on being strong ;)

Ikram

Thanks for all the infor and links above.

What do you guys think about the summer quad? Too similar to Les Roses?

The quad is the only thing that tempts me right now.

SubwayDreaming

I’m looking forward to seeing all of these items in person, especially the eyeshadow quad (to compare it to Les Roses). It’s not going to be one of my all-time favourite Guerlain collections, but I’ll still purchase and enjoy a few things.

My for-sure items are the blush/bronzer, Meteorites, eyeshadow quad, and Khôl Kajal eyeliner.

My maybe items are the Porto Azzurra lipgloss (bright blue) and the brush.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ikram

Miss QQ

^^ Did you get the Khol eyeliner last summer? It supposedly doesn't require sharpening due to its shape, but I wonder if it will become very thick when the stick becomes shorter with use.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for all the infor and links above.

Looking at it, the light and dark shades from the quad seem much more neutral than those in Les Roses. I guess whether or not you want it would partly depend on how much you like pink tones. It does seem quite a bit warmer than Les Roses overall.

The blue gloss looks very sheer. I assumed it would be, since it's meant more as an add-on, but I was still hoping for a little more. Sort of like the blue-purple Armani gloss from their holiday collection.

SubwayDreaming

Yes, I got last summer’s black Khol eyeliner. I heard that it doesn’t require sharpening IF you use it as Guerlain intended. And apparently I don’t use it properly! Ha! It did get thick and stubby for me.

I have been using it as a regular eyeliner (to line my upper eye), and it has dulled over time. There is no way to properly sharpen the eyeliner that I know of, so my hubby took a sharp knife and whittled it down to a fine point for me.

So, it’s less than ideal, but I like the soft feel of the eyeliner, and it gives me plenty of pigmented coverage in one stroke. I would buy it again.

^^ Did you get the Khol eyeliner last summer? It supposedly doesn't require sharpening due to its shape, but I wonder if it will become very thick when the stick becomes shorter with use.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I wouldn't like to take a sharp knife and sharpen it myself. Do you know how exactly is the Guerlain way to use it?

Latest posts