Guerlain discussion

Ikram

Last week I went to check out spring collex and had such bad experience. I have never encoutered more pushy SA, she would have sold me every single thing they had as the best for me.

She even put the new expensive mascara and some super expensive skin care set into my shopping bag!!! after I told her twice that I dont want it she even asked why I dont want it? I should have turn and walk away but I felt compelled to buy something after she has done parts of my face.

I ended up getting way more stuff that I originally planned and did not carefully choose the shades so now I am not very happy with some of my purchases.

Is there such strong sales push across all Guerlain counters? I visited other brands counters in same store and they were fine so I dont think this is store-specific. And this was a high-end store on a prominent location, not Macy's where they are usually pushy and agressive.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Last week I went to check out spring collex and had such bad experience. I have never encoutered more pushy SA, she would have sold me every single thing they had as the best for me.

She even put the new expensive mascara and some super expensive skin care set into my shopping bag!!! after I told her twice that I dont want it she even asked why I dont want it? I should have turn and walk away but I felt compelled to buy something after she has done parts of my face.

I ended up getting way more stuff that I originally planned and did not carefully choose the shades so now I am not very happy with some of my purchases.

Is there such strong sales push across all Guerlain counters? I visited other brands counters in same store and they were fine so I dont think this is store-specific. And this was a high-end store on a prominent location, not Macy's where they are usually pushy and agressive.
That's obnoxious. I haven't had that experience at Guerlain counters generally and I'm quite sure that it's not their practice to harass people that way. It might have been the way that the manager chooses to run their store/ counter or it could have just been that particular associate. Honestly, nothing puts me off more than sales people like that. I'm already a bit uncomfortable talking to people I don't know and I despise feeling "crowded". If I need help, I'll ask, end of story. Asking a customer why they don't want something is flat-out rude and it's something you should never do.

Miss QQ

I find it rude too, asking why a customer does not want to buy a product! I've never encountered aggressive SAs from Guerlain. They are usually friendly and give me space to test and swatch whatever I want. However, I do think that my local Guerlain is stepping up their game to increase sales. Last month, they did a mega promotion, giving out lots of gwp and a membership for $160 spending, which is quite a small amount coming from a HE brand. Usually other HE brands require $350 spending before they give gwp. The membership doesn't do much, just that whenever we purchase things the amount of money is accumulated as points and we can redeem items when the points are sufficient. When I purchased the Spring Cruel Gardenia and Rouge G, the SA told me to buy the gloss too as I could get a gwp since the 3 items would exceed $160. I told her I didn't like the scent and she didn't try to sell any other things to me.

Ikram - so what did you end up buying? Can you return those you don't like?

Ikram

Miss QQ

I got spring eye palette in roses, 2 rouge Gs and a gloss. I am thinking about returning Rouge Gs, those are super expensive lipsticks and we should be more careful when choosing, because it doesnt make sense if they show clear. I can return it but I am not sure if I want to go there and encounter this counter again.

One time I talked to Burberry SA and she told me they dont want them to push sales to people. And it is true, I have never had Burberry rep pushing something or trying to cross-sell so obviously and desperately. They always greet me, offer to clean testers if I want to try something and then step aside.

Anitacska

I have not come across any pushy SAs at Guerlain counters, but I guess there are bad SAs everywhere. I agree about the Rouge G's in this collection, they're not at all pigmented. I have some of the Rouge G Brillants and those are fine, because they're supposed to be like that, but these Rouge G's are a bit disappointing. The glosses are very nice though and I'm getting all 4. :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have not come across any pushy SAs at Guerlain counters, but I guess there are bad SAs everywhere. I agree about the Rouge G's in this collection, they're not at all pigmented. I have some of the Rouge G Brillants and those are fine, because they're supposed to be like that, but these Rouge G's are a bit disappointing. The glosses are very nice though and I'm getting all 4. :)

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I think I would have liked these more if I weren't comparing them to my other Rouge G's. I stopped by one of my counters today and it was quiet, so I tried on the ones I hadn't tried yet. The two warmer shades (Rose Ensoleillee and Piquante) are virtually invisible on my lips. Sort of my lips but shinier. Ironically, the palest one- Rose Innocente- was the one I found looked best. They're nice, I just don't know if they're Rouge G price nice. I'd definitely choose one of the glosses over them.

SubwayDreaming

Agreed. I ended up getting just one, because I HAD to have one!
amuse.gif

I choose Rose Ensoleillee because I liked the warm tone, and the number (73) is the year I was born!

They're nice, I just don't know if they're Rouge G price nice.

Anitacska

Yeah, I got #72 Rose Innocent cheap on eBay a while ago (together with Cruel Gardenia and Les Aqua quad), I think it was £20 instead of £29.50, so that was okay, but they're not worth the full price. I have a lot of Rouge G's and most are so pigmented and gorgeous, my current favourite is Garconne, a perfect red for me. The glosses are very pretty though. :)

Miss QQ

Rose Innocent is sheer but it shows up on me, as a shiny, pale, slightly cool toned pink. It is lighter than my natural lip colour. The glosses are very pretty, too bad I don't like the scent. I almost bought the light pink with gold glitters.

Ikram

The Rouge G I got is perm color, Garbielle. Don't know. I dont find it creamy at all and it is very sheer. But I saw some review where there were saying that this particular shade is drier consistency.

Can someone recommed some medium sheerer warmer pink?

BTW: I sort of dislike the packaging, so heavy and bulky.

Oh and did you hear there are suppoesd to be Rouge Automatiques Shines??

Anitacska

Yes, Gabrielle is a very light colour and not as pigmented as some of the others. I think Gaela, Georgia and Giuliette are very nice pinks. I once swatches all my Guerlain Rouge G's (I have a lot!), here's the link to it on my blog: http://pleasureflush.blogspot.com/2011/03/swatching-my-stash-part-1-lipsticks.html

The Rouge G I got is perm color, Garbielle. Don't know. I dont find it creamy at all and it is very sheer. But I saw some review where there were saying that this particular shade is drier consistency.

katred

Specktra Bestie

I hadn't heard about the RA Shines. It would make sense, since they're the only ones who haven't launched a lipstick/ gloss hybrid, it seems. (I actually thought that was what the Rouge Automatiques were going to be.) If you don't like the Rouge G packaging, you might want to stay with the Rouge Automatiques, since they're so much lighter. I kind of like the bulk and the mirror, but I left a couple of them in my makeup bag one time and couldn't help thinking that I'd be able to clobber anyone foolish enough to try to snatch my purse.

Anitacska

Yes, there will be 9 new Rouge Automatique Shines, there's a link in my signature to my blog post on them. :)

I hadn't heard about the RA Shines. It would make sense, since they're the only ones who haven't launched a lipstick/ gloss hybrid, it seems. (I actually thought that was what the Rouge Automatiques were going to be.) If you don't like the Rouge G packaging, you might want to stay with the Rouge Automatiques, since they're so much lighter. I kind of like the bulk and the mirror, but I left a couple of them in my makeup bag one time and couldn't help thinking that I'd be able to clobber anyone foolish enough to try to snatch my purse.

Shypo

I was a bad girl and backed up my Cruel Gardenia - and I guess not a moment too soon as I had a hard time finding it. I also love the quad and the pink quint - didn't know they were perm. I also caved and got the green quad - the colors are stunning.

The new summer collection is intriguing - thanks for the info! I'm in for the Meteorites, the quad, and that brush! And I will likely end up with the blush/bronzer........wonder when it hits counters?

Miss QQ

Hi Cheryl! So happy to see you here again! I wanted to hear what you thought of the burberry lipsticks you got! ;) Enjoy your new goodies! Cruel Gardenia is backup worthy, it's so beautiful! The summer collection looks amazing! I think Guerlain summer collections are the best among all the brands, and they make me feel very excited. I want the brush, bronzer andq meteorites too! I like the RA campaign, the one with hearts and balloons, and the RAS campaign looks like they have the same theme.

SubwayDreaming

I hope the summer eyeshadow quad isn't too much like #11 Les Roses from the spring! Kinda like how #10 Ombre De Nuit is similar to #12 Les Aqua.

But who am I kidding? I'll probably still buy it anyway!

Anitacska

It does look more coral than pink to me, but like you, I'll probably buy it anyway, lol.

I hope the summer eyeshadow quad isn't too much like #11 Les Roses from the spring! Kinda like how #10 Ombre De Nuit is similar to #12 Les Aqua.

But who am I kidding? I'll probably still buy it anyway!

Shypo

I like the RA campaign, the one with hearts and balloons, and the RAS campaign looks like they have the same theme.

Hi MissQQ!! I've been sick and busy, busy and sick and traveling......and I think a little hibernation thrown in there too
girlhaha.gif
. I really like the Burberry lip covers!!! I have not yet used my Lip Mists, but love the LCs! The smell is not off-putting to me, and I really like the way they feel and look on. Burberry is now one of my favorite lines, despite getting off on the wrong foot initially.
kissy.gif

Miss QQ

Cheryl - I hope you feel better now! Thanks for your comments! I'll talk in the Burberry thread.