Guerlain discussion

Miss QQ

Someone posted here that she is wearing Rose Innocent. And I checked at two different counters with the SAs and they both said RI too. Are you getting Rose Piquant to see if it is like the promo pic? ;)

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks. Rose Piquant looks beautiful on her.

Those of you who have Cruel Gardenia, do you use it all over the face? The glow is very subtle, I feel that the holiday meteorites may even be more shiny, and I use the meteorites all over my face.

Ikram

Hi Miss QQ

I use Cruel Gardenia only as highlight and sometimes over the blush on cheeks.
You can use it all over the face, I think the glow is very subtle and no shimmer or frost, just glow. Would be nice for a dinner out or so.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I think I might just try it as an all over powder. I can dust a layer, followed by translucent loose powder to set everything. I'll report back if it is subtly glowy or too shimmery.

bis

^^ Thanks! I think I might just try it as an all over powder. I can dust a layer, followed by translucent loose powder to set everything. I'll report back if it is subtly glowy or too shimmery.
I got Cruel Gardenia today and on me it is clearly pink, not a color I'd like to wear all over. But then I was swatching it with a finger, so that might still make a different. Love the texture, it's what I like the MSF to be.

Anitacska

Has anyone tried the new Noir G de Guerlain mascara yet? I've just reviewed it on my blog if anyone's interested. I also have reviews of Cruel Gardenia, the blue eyeshadow quad and one of the lipsticks there. Can't wait to get the other eyeshadows (quad and six-palette) and also the rest of the lipsticks.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I posted some swatches in the swatch thread, plus a quick review (just based on swatching in-store) on my blog (http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-faces-quick-peek-guerlain-spring.html). Cruel Gardenia is exactly what I wanted it to be- like a pink-silver version of the Terra Inca Radiant Powder from last summer. The quads are quite bold and the colour payoff is really good. I think the 6-shadow palette is more useful day to day, but I had some trouble with the more matte colours.

The lipsticks were a bit of a disappointment, just because they're all REALLY sheer. I tried on Rose Barbare, which is the darkest/ boldest shade and it barely showed up on me. It would be fine if a couple of the shades were like that (although they really should have been labeled as Rouge G Brilliant, since those are supposedly the more sheer ones), but I would have appreciated more pigment at least on a couple.

Miss QQ

The Rouge Gs are very sheer indeed. I have to rub Rose Innocent on and it does show up on me, as a glossy sheer cool pink. I heard that Guerlain is coming out with refills for Rouge G later this year and I hope it is true.

Cruel Gardenia is pink when swatched. I applied it all over my face and it didn't make me look pink faced, thankfully. It wasn't too shiny so it is do-able. I caution those with oily skin to use it all over the face as it can look greasy.

SubwayDreaming

Does anyone know if the new spring eyeshadow quad in #12 Les Aquas is permanent or limited edition? I have heard different things from different people.

If it's limited edition, I'll order it online as I can't seem to find it in my city.

I was able to find #11 Les Roses and Blvd De Montparnasse, so I bought both!

Ikram

I believe Les Aquas is permanent.

I just used it today for a first time and it is very pretty.

How are you liking Les Roses and the other large palette Rue de Montparnasse? Which one do you recommend better?

SubwayDreaming

Thanks! I won't rush out and get it if it's not limited edition.

Les Roses is beautiful and very spring-like. It give you lots of options for pink looks. Blvd De Mont is gorgeous too, but less pink and more smoky mauve. More of a year-round palette, in my opinion. The palettes looked very similar to me when I saw photos of them online, but in person, they look quite different.

I believe Les Aquas is permanent.

I just used it today for a first time and it is very pretty.

How are you liking Les Roses and the other large palette Rue de Montparnasse? Which one do you recommend better?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Does anyone know if the new spring eyeshadow quad in #12 Les Aquas is permanent or limited edition? I have heard different things from different people.

If it's limited edition, I'll order it online as I can't seem to find it in my city.

I was able to find #11 Les Roses and Blvd De Montparnasse, so I bought both!
I'd assumed the 6-shadow palette was limited (because the one from last spring was), but Temptalia has all the eye palettes listed as permanent. It would be really nice if they added Montparnasse to the permanent assortment, because it's quite different from any of the others.

SubwayDreaming

I recently discovered Parure Gold foundation in 01 (Beige Pale) at my local Shoppers Drug Mart!

As far as I knew, the lightest Guerlain foundations were 02 (Beige Clair). 02 was usually a little too dark for me, but 01 is perfect!

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else is hoping to find something lighter than 02.

Anitacska

If anyone's interested, I've managed to find out some details about the upcoming summer collection! Very exciting, packaging will be designed by Emilio Pucci and there's a new Meteorites as well as a blue lipgloss! I have the details on my blog (see link below). :)

bis

[COLOR=800080]I recently discovered Parure Gold foundation in 01 (Beige Pale) at my local Shoppers Drug Mart!  [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]As far as I knew, the lightest Guerlain foundations were 02 (Beige Clair).  02 was usually a little too dark for me, but 01 is perfect![/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else is hoping to find something lighter than 02.[/COLOR]
Thanks so much! Now I just need to find out where to get it, but at least it exists.

SubwayDreaming

OMG! Thanks for the info!

If anyone's interested, I've managed to find out some details about the upcoming summer collection! Very exciting, packaging will be designed by Emilio Pucci and there's a new Meteorites as well as a blue lipgloss! I have the details on my blog (see link below). :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I recently discovered Parure Gold foundation in 01 (Beige Pale) at my local Shoppers Drug Mart!

As far as I knew, the lightest Guerlain foundations were 02 (Beige Clair). 02 was usually a little too dark for me, but 01 is perfect!

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else is hoping to find something lighter than 02.

EEEEEK!!! I'll have to check this out! It's always been frustrating for me that I can't find Guerlain foundations light enough for my skin. Hopefully, this will be a match!