Guerlain discussion

Pinkdollface

th_drool.gif
......OMG....I NEED Gourmandise....soooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!!

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-gourmandise-rouge-g-lextrait-review-photos-swatches
It's gorgeous! It reminds me a lot of Party Parrot, just a bit darker, and I love Party Parrot!

MACina

Yes,I think that most of these are quite bold....I really love this but as far as I know you prefer more subtle lips.

Wow, very pretty color! Unfortunately, if Avarice (?) is too brown, I think none of the other shades are for me. I wish there was a lighter pink or a pinky nude.

katred

Specktra Bestie
It's gorgeous! It reminds me a lot of Party Parrot, just a bit darker, and I love Party Parrot!
This was definitely one that I had my eye on. I have Fusion Pink and Gesina, which she says are close, but I'm wondering if this won't be different enough to justify the purchase.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Yes,I think that most of these are quite bold....I really love this but as far as I know you prefer more subtle lips.
That's true. That's why I'm hoping the neutral one was a little off in the swatch we saw, I hope it will look different in other pics. If not, money saved. Even tough I'd love to try the formula, it seems to be amazing.

MACina

I cross my fingers...it would great if you could find one for you to try the formula.
That's true. That's why I'm hoping the neutral one was a little off in the swatch we saw, I hope it will look different in other pics. If not, money saved. Even tough I'd love to try the formula, it seems to be amazing.

SubwayDreaming

I'm hoping they come out with some lighter shades of Rouge G L'Extrait in the spring collection (not that I want to wait that long)!

Ikram

I hope too they will bring more nude shades and also that they will offer alternative packaging. Just so much hate Rouge G packaging that I dont think I can give in no matter how good the product inside is. Can not wait for Les Fauves. I went to Saks yesterday if maybe they have it, but nothing yet. :-(

Anitacska

I hope too they will bring more nude shades and also that they will offer alternative packaging. Just so much hate Rouge G packaging that I dont think I can give in no matter how good the product inside is. Can not wait for Les Fauves. I went to Saks yesterday if maybe they have it, but nothing yet. :-(
Why do you hate the Rouge G packaging so much?

Haven

I am not a fan of the rouge g packaging either. It is just so heavy and cumbersome, but I have suffered with it for a couple of colors that I like. I do like the automatique packaging though - very easy to use.

Ikram

Anitacska:
Eh, it is too bulky and crazy heavy from a practical standpoint.

I do not need the opening mirror, I feel I have to pay extra price for it.

And from emotional standpoint, I am just not fan of round lines (such as Mac lipsticks), prefer squarish packaging in anything. And the shape of Rpuge G is very weird and not symethrical.

Also this one is stupid, but I have this habit of standing up my lipstick of the day next to my computer at work so I can make my day more pleasant by looking at gougeors Chanel logo, or Burberry and it doesnt work with this one.

But I think the main reason is the heaviness. I should carry it in my pocket when I am walking alone home in the night.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Anitacska:
Eh, it is too bulky and crazy heavy from a practical standpoint.

I do not need the opening mirror, I feel I have to pay extra price for it.

And from emotional standpoint, I am just not fan of round lines (such as Mac lipsticks), prefer squarish packaging in anything. And the shape of Rpuge G is very weird and not symethrical.

Also this one is stupid, but I have this habit of standing up my lipstick of the day next to my computer at work so I can make my day more pleasant by looking at gougeors Chanel logo, or Burberry and it doesnt work with this one.

But I think the main reason is the heaviness. I should carry it in my pocket when I am walking alone home in the night.
I think that's a lovely idea.

Oh, and I always joke when I'm walking at night that I'm safe as long as I have a Rouge G in my bag. On those occasions where I've had more than one, you can really feel the difference. I don't mind the weight, although I'm not in love with the packaging either. The shape and size makes it really easy to find the Rouge G's among my lipsticks, since I sort by colour.

MACina

I am really glad that it is such a bright peach/coral because this will suit me much better than a subdued peach.

Maybe a little like the "largest stripe" of Blush G???That would be great because I always wanted to have this shade as
an individual blush from Guerlain.

That looks way brighter than I was expecting. It actually hurt my eyes when I loaded the pictures. I looks like Guerlain went for a real mix of fun and practical with this collection.

I think that's a lovely idea.

Oh, and I always joke when I'm walking at night that I'm safe as long as I have a Rouge G in my bag. On those occasions where I've had more than one, you can really feel the difference. I don't mind the weight, although I'm not in love with the packaging either. The shape and size makes it really easy to find the Rouge G's among my lipsticks, since I sort by colour.

Latest posts