Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
There will be a new Parure fluid foundation. It sounds very good, and I wonder if it is replacing any of the older Parure foundations.

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/07/guerlain-parure-de-lumiere-foundation.html
I'm wondering if they'll have it available in a shade I can wear. Right now, I can only consider Guerlain foundations when I'm at my most tanned- something which usually lasts about three weeks during the summer before I start to fade again. I know they have paler colours available in Asia, but we never get them here...

By the way, have any Canadian fans heard exactly when the Fall program is launching here? I know it's usually the first or second week in August, but I'm soooooooo curious to see the new lippies.

Monsy

I agree Katred. Even the lightest one is too dark for me and too neutral. They really need to work on expanding their shade range

Miss QQ

Guerlain should sell the lighter shades worldwide. What's the point of keeping it within Asia only? The way SAs sell foundations here is odd. I have met SAs who advised me to use a shade lighter than my matching shade so that my face looks brighter. And SAs advising us not to use Asia only yellow shades as they don't look good on our already yellow skin. So are the yellow shades for pink skins?

MACina

I totally agree....I really can not understand why the light shades are only available in Asia.
I am very fair and it is nearly impossible to find a matching foundation here.
Guerlain should sell the lighter shades worldwide. What's the point of keeping it within Asia only? The way SAs sell foundations here is odd. I have met SAs who advised me to use a shade lighter than my matching shade so that my face looks brighter. And SAs advising us not to use Asia only yellow shades as they don't look good on our already yellow skin. So are the yellow shades for pink skins?

shadowaddict

I am totally on the lighter shade team. I thought I had found a good foundation in Chanel Matt Lum. But of course they have now discontinued Porcelain and the nest lightest shade. Porcelain was a great match for me.

I just ordered Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in 01. It is quite thick. I've read you have to blend like crazy. I just put a tiny dab on my hand from the inside of the lid and it covered the entire top of my hand. It has no sunscreen so I hope to find a good primer with spf that isn't too oily for me. I hope I can get this foundation to work for me.

I tried the KV Liquid Airbrush foundation and it is too dark. It does not come in 01, the lightest is 02. I may try the SSE in the middle and as I blend use the other and see how that works. If not return it. You don't get a full oz for $45 but as reviews said a little goes a long way a.d I've paid more for an ounce so it may come out about the same. If you have dry skin reviewers recommed mixing it with a moisturizer.

Ladychris11

Oh my. Yes, lighter foundation shades please. I am desperate for the LDP in Beige Pale 01 :( I think they should even create an 00 shade. I'm more or less a perfect match for 01 and I'm just nc15-20 leaning more towards 20, so whatof the PPP's who are nc15 or nc10?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oh my. Yes, lighter foundation shades please. I am desperate for the LDP in Beige Pale 01
ssad.gif
I think they should even create an 00 shade. I'm more or less a perfect match for 01 and I'm just nc15-20 leaning more towards 20, so whatof the PPP's who are nc15 or nc10?
I guess they just don't buy Guerlain foundations. I had my makeup done at Guerlain last year in mid-August. The lightest shade was still a little too dark on me and I was at my most tanned (about NC20).

I'm also eager to hear news of the new Rouge G shades. Christine reviewed the one, but there are supposed to be three new permanent shades plus one new Rouge G Brilliant. As much as I want to try the new liquid lipsticks, I'm still nuts about the Rouge G formula.

SubwayDreaming

If you are in or near Canada, check Shoppers Drug Mart. I got lucky and found Parure Gold foundation in 01 (Beige Pale), which is perfect for my NC15-20 skintone.

Oh my. Yes, lighter foundation shades please. I am desperate for the LDP in Beige Pale 01
ssad.gif
I think they should even create an 00 shade. I'm more or less a perfect match for 01 and I'm just nc15-20 leaning more towards 20, so whatof the PPP's who are nc15 or nc10?

katred

Specktra Bestie
If you are in or near Canada, check Shoppers Drug Mart. I got lucky and found Parure Gold foundation in 01 (Beige Pale), which is perfect for my NC15-20 skintone.
I keep hoping that I'll have your luck with that! The lightest any of mine have is always 02... I always check, though. No telling when someone might get something in by accident.

Ladychris11

Unfortunately I am in a remote part of Asia called the Philippines and I get my Guerlain from the States a.k.a. nordstrom! :D

OhSoJaded

Unfortunately I am in a remote part of Asia called the Philippines and I get my Guerlain from the States a.k.a. nordstrom!
greengrin.gif
LOL, the Philippines isn't THAT remote...actually, it is
girlhaha.gif
! My family is from there. Happy to hear that Nordstrom helps fulfill your makeup cravings!

Ladychris11

LOL. Ironically the beige pale 01 shades are an Asian exclusive, which I am ranting about despite being in Asia... As if I'm not in Asia! :D I really hooe I get a Beige Pale 01 of LDP, or at the very least, the I hope the upcoming Parure Lumiere would atkeast make the lightest shade to be 01 worldwide.

MACina

I got "Peach Boy" yesterday and it is so,so pretty
eyelove.gif

I really like the idea of getting 3 blushes in 1 compact...you can use each shade on its own or layer both!!!

Unfortunatly I am not able to add pics anymore
th_dunno.gif

It says "Loading" all the time but nothing happens.....I have never had this before.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Christine's review and swatches of Genna, one of the new Rouge G's.

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-genna-rouge-g-lipstick-review-photos-swatches#more-35242

They are really stepping it up with their reds! Not sure I need this one (although the BF insists I do), since I have Hourglass' Raven, which looks similar, but damn, that's a beautiful colour!

MACina

Genna is really pretty but I will skip because I do not wear orange based reds too often and do already have several ones.

I think that I will concentrate more on the L`Extraits anyway because I love this texture.
And I NEED more of the blushes!!!Pink Punk and Red Hot are on my list for sure.....maybe Chic Pink too.

Christine's review and swatches of Genna, one of the new Rouge G's.

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-genna-rouge-g-lipstick-review-photos-swatches#more-35242

They are really stepping it up with their reds! Not sure I need this one (although the BF insists I do), since I have Hourglass' Raven, which looks similar, but damn, that's a beautiful colour!

Latest posts