Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Loads of swatches here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/escentualdotcom/with/7649319800/#photo_7649319800

Anitacska

I saw the collection in person today. Genna is a lot less orange than in T's pictures, it's really pretty. I have ordered Gracy already and will get Genna with my Debenhams beauty points when I next go to London (in 3 weeks). I also really like the eyeshadows, will get those then too. Not sure ifI want to fork out £32 for the blushes, maybe I can find some on eBay. Sometimes people sell testers for much less too.

MACina

That is very good to know!

It should be much more suitable for me then.
I saw the collection in person today. Genna is a lot less orange than in T's pictures, it's really pretty. I have ordered Gracy already and will get Genna with my Debenhams beauty points when I next go to London (in 3 weeks). I also really like the eyeshadows, will get those then too. Not sure ifI want to fork out £32 for the blushes, maybe I can find some on eBay. Sometimes people sell testers for much less too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Got a wonderful surprise today, because the Bay has the collection out! (I find they often get Guerlain stuff before anyone else). It is a really, really impressive collection. Here's a few random thoughts:

- Anitacska is right, Genna looks quite a bit less orange than it seems in Christine's photos (might be a skin tone thing- I'm paler and cooler). It is pretty close to Hourglass Raven, but Raven is redder and more opaque. It reminded me a bit of Chanel Flamboyante, in that it's less a true red than a brightened coral with pink and orange elements. I'm trying to decide if I need this one, or if I have too many similar colours. I tried it on and the colour is really, really flattering and fades to a lovely coral stain. I feel this is the real home run of the lipsticks, because the combination of red, pink and orange will make it adapt well to different skin tones.

- Gilda is a deeper red, but with some brown. Sort of a brick red. Not sure I can pull this one off, but it'll look incredible on olive-toned women. Gisela is extremely close to Gardner, which was part of the holiday collection last year everywhere but the US. I don't think you need both (Gisela is maybe a hair browner), but if you didn't get Gardner and want a really lovely warm, autumnal red, this is perfect. (I have some photos of Gardner here.) I found this Temptalia pic of Gracy, although she hasn't reviewed it yet: http://www.temptalia.com/temptalia-images/img/guerlain-gracy-rouge-g-lipstick It's an intense, warm pink, in the same vein as Mac Impassioned. Very pretty.

- The liquid lipsticks feel incredible. Lightweight is an understatement. I'd say the only knock against them is that the colours don't have the nuances that Rouge G shades tend to. Gourmandise and Orgueil were my favourites.

- The quality on Les Fauves shadow quad is top-notch. The underrated Les Roses (released in the Spring) is also displayed with the collection. Les Fauves is warm-toned but I think it'll look really nice on cool-toned ladies with blue eyes.

- Do not, I repeat DO NOT base your opinion of the blushes on how they swatch on your hand. I tried a few of them and they felt dry and had poor colour payoff. Then the MUA but Peach Boy on my cheeks and it was like a peachy bomb had gone off. It actually created a really adorable "doll face" effect with Genna lipstick, but trust me, there's a LOT of colour payoff. You could certainly use a light hand to build them if you're fair skinned and wanted something more subtle. Swatched, I don't know that any of them would make the best impression, but Red Hot is a gorgeous, warmed-from-within browned red shade, Peach Boy can be built to a very vibrant pink-peach or left more sheer and Pink Punk is... well, let's just say it's still #1 on my list. It's less a true plum than some of the swatches I've seen and more a combination of plum and bright rosy pink. Lurv.

I was in a rush today, so I didn't pick up anything, but I'm absolutely doing a big haul from this collection. It's a blessing so much of it is permanent. (All of it, I think?)

MACina

Katred....thank you so,so much for your review!!!

If all these blushes really perform so much better when applied on the cheeks I should get Chic Pink too.

I agree with you on Peach Boy!It is suuuuuper pretty on the cheeks....I love it
love.gif

shontay07108

I bought one of the creme de rouge matte lip colours today. It's M41, Envie; an orange coral. I really like it. It's comfortable, goes on smooth, it's buildable and the color is very flattering. I'm not used to paying so much for a lip product! I mean I'm not cheap, but when I saw the receipt, I screamed inside. Still, it's nice but I don't think I'll buy another one. I don't think.

Anitacska

I got Envie too, it's very pretty. I also got Gourmandise and the bright red one, I can't remember it's name. They are all lovely, but I agree with you, they are very expensive and I'm not sure they are worth it. Temptalia said it lasted on her for 8 hours even with eating, so I had high hopes, but on me, it disappears when I eat. Otherwise it lasts well (maybe 4 hours? although I eat more often than 4 hours so it's hard to say, lol) and it's hydrating, but it's not THAT fantastic imo. I'm still considering the lighter pink shade, yes, I know, I must be mad, lol.

I bought one of the creme de rouge matte lip colours today. It's M41, Envie; an orange coral. I really like it. It's comfortable, goes on smooth, it's buildable and the color is very flattering. I'm not used to paying so much for a lip product! I mean I'm not cheap, but when I saw the receipt, I screamed inside. Still, it's nice but I don't think I'll buy another one. I don't think.

shontay07108

I got Envie too, it's very pretty. I also got Gourmandise and the bright red one, I can't remember it's name. They are all lovely, but I agree with you, they are very expensive and I'm not sure they are worth it. Temptalia said it lasted on her for 8 hours even with eating, so I had high hopes, but on me, it disappears when I eat. Otherwise it lasts well (maybe 4 hours? although I eat more often than 4 hours so it's hard to say, lol) and it's hydrating, but it's not THAT fantastic imo. I'm still considering the lighter pink shade, yes, I know, I must be mad, lol.
Perhaps Temptalia layered it on a bit more than you did? Maybe that's why it lasted longer or perhaps she ate very...gingerly (lol). The presentation is cool and I know that's what I'm paying for, but it's not all that practical really. When I reapply after eating or whatever, I really don't need a mirror and if I do, I'm usually already in the ladies room. I just wanted to try this new product and one is good enough. I'm just as satisfied with my Nars, Chanel and YSL.

Anitacska

Yeah, maybe. :)

I agree about the mirror, I never use mine, I have a lot of Rouge G's and the mascara too and I hardly ever needed the mirror as I usually apply somewhere with a mirror anyway (plus I carry a compact in my bag all the time). I love the formula of these though and that's why I keep buying the Rouge G lipsticks in particular, they are the nicest lipsticks ever imo.

Perhaps Temptalia layered it on a bit more than you did? Maybe that's why it lasted longer or perhaps she ate very...gingerly (lol). The presentation is cool and I know that's what I'm paying for, but it's not all that practical really. When I reapply after eating or whatever, I really don't need a mirror and if I do, I'm usually already in the ladies room. I just wanted to try this new product and one is good enough. I'm just as satisfied with my Nars, Chanel and YSL.

Anitacska

I'm so happy, I've managed to buy 3 of the blushes from eBay, they are brand new testers and cost just half the normal price. Obviously they don't come with the fancy compact, but I don't mind that at all. Can't wait for them to arrive. :)

I have also reviewed the 3 Rouge G L'Extrait lip colours I've got, the link is in my signature.

Ikram

I had 2 eyeshadow quads testers (I gave them away) and one Terracota bronzer tester and they come in plasctic packaging which is very good, you can even carry them in your purse.