Guerlain discussion

MACina

Anitacska...what are your thoughts on Over Rose?

Do you think that it is a must-have?

So far I have Peach Boy and Chic Pink and will get Red Hot and Pink Punk soon.
Yes, I have many testers and they are all in plastic cases. I also have lipsticks which come with plastic caps, I often carry those around with me withut any problems.

I got Peach Boy, Over Rose and Pink Punk blushes. I also got Colere, Envie and Gourmandise Rouge G L'Extrait (those are not testers).

Anitacska

I only just received them this morning and today I'm wearing Peach Boy which I love, but to be honest Over Rose doesn't look like a must have shade at all. Unless you don't own any pink blushes. However, I need to wear it to be certain, it might transform on me. I'll review them soon (in 2-3 days hopefully) on my blog.

Anitacska...what are your thoughts on Over Rose?

Do you think that it is a must-have?

So far I have Peach Boy and Chic Pink and will get Red Hot and Pink Punk soon.

MACina

Thank you Anitacska!

My thoughts exactly when I saw the swatches.
It looks just too "normal" and I am sure that I have several similar blushes in my stash.
I think that this is the least unique one of the bunch and I will skip it then.

I only just received them this morning and today I'm wearing Peach Boy which I love, but to be honest Over Rose doesn't look like a must have shade at all. Unless you don't own any pink blushes. However, I need to wear it to be certain, it might transform on me. I'll review them soon (in 2-3 days hopefully) on my blog.

shontay07108

So, at the end of the day, I'm not a fan of this matte gloss. I won't bother returning it. Don't like the hassle. This gloss is drying. Not really comfortable to wear and as time goes by, I grow paranoid that it looks crazy because of the way it feels. Turns out, it looks pretty dry, too. Not totally flattering. I have a lot less trouble with mattes from other brands. Disappointing, especially considering the price. Definitely won't be buying another one.

SubwayDreaming

I picked up Les Fauves eyeshadow and Chic Pink blush today, at Shoppers Drug Mart, and I'm loving both of them. My only complaint about Les Fauves is I wish it had a lighter/highlight shade.

The Rouge G lipsticks weren't in yet.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up Les Fauves eyeshadow and Chic Pink blush today, at Shoppers Drug Mart, and I'm loving both of them. My only complaint about Les Fauves is I wish it had a lighter/highlight shade.

The Rouge G lipsticks weren't in yet.
Hee hee. I went to Shoppers and picked up Les Fauves and Pink Punk. Gotta love that 20x the Optimum points deal.

I didn't pick up any of the Rouge G's... yet. I'm desperately trying to convince myself that Genna is too similar to Hourglass Raven to warrant owning both, but I'm really tempted. Gracy is gorgeous too... I've decided to hold off on getting one of the liquid lipsticks for now...

shontay07108

Just to add to my thoughts on the matte gloss: Less is definitely more. I recommend using as little as possible and not making it totally opaque. That's the only way, for me at least, to avoid the gloss looking crazy/clownish over time. If I apply a light layer it looks like a stain and is much more flattering. However, it's still drier than hell. I'm only going to wear it when I'm out for a couple of hours. This is not an all day gloss.

Miss QQ

Just to add to my thoughts on the matte gloss: Less is definitely more. I recommend using as little as possible and not making it totally opaque. That's the only way, for me at least, to avoid the gloss looking crazy/clownish over time. If I apply a light layer it looks like a stain and is much more flattering. However, it's still drier than hell. I'm only going to wear it when I'm out for a couple of hours. This is not an all day gloss.
Thanks for your review. My lips are very dry so I have to pass this.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wearing my purchases today. Pink Punk is wonderful- the deeper, contouring shade is a dream for me and the top shade gives an awesome pop of colour. Now, of course, I keep thinking about how amazing these would look with one of the Rouge G's from the collection.

SubwayDreaming

It's a slippery slope!
amuse.gif

Now, of course, I keep thinking about how amazing these would look with one of the Rouge G's from the collection.

MACina

That sounds great!!!

I hope that I will receive Pink Punk and Red Hot tomorrow.I am so in love with Peach Boy and Chic Pink and can not wait to
try these 2 as well.

Wearing my purchases today. Pink Punk is wonderful- the deeper, contouring shade is a dream for me and the top shade gives an awesome pop of colour. Now, of course, I keep thinking about how amazing these would look with one of the Rouge G's from the collection.

MACina

I saw temptalias review on this one yesterday and now I really think that I need Gracy
bigheart.gif

I was hoping that I can skip the new Rouge G`s (better for my wallet...) but the more swatches I see the more I think that
I can NOT skip them.

Hee hee. I went to Shoppers and picked up Les Fauves and Pink Punk. Gotta love that 20x the Optimum points deal.

I didn't pick up any of the Rouge G's... yet. I'm desperately trying to convince myself that Genna is too similar to Hourglass Raven to warrant owning both, but I'm really tempted. Gracy is gorgeous too... I've decided to hold off on getting one of the liquid lipsticks for now...

Anitacska

I have Gracy, it's gorgeous. Much nicer then Gourmandise Rouge G L'Extrait. Get it! ;)

MACina

Really???

Ok....I am definitely sold on it now!

I have Gracy, it's gorgeous. Much nicer then Gourmandise Rouge G L'Extrait. Get it! ;)

I don't agree. I have three of them and haven't found them being drying at all. I have worn them all day (with touch ups as they're not as long lasting s they claim to be) for several days on end and had no problems with them at all. Having said that, they are not that special. I think the Rouge G's are still the best formula Guerlian has ever done. I've only bought Gracy so far, but will pick Genna up next week and I can't wait! :)

MACina

yahoo.gif
.....just got Pink Punk and Red Hot!!!

They look both stunning in the pan....can not wait to play with them.

MACina

STUNNING!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

The Meteorites and the dark lipstick are on my list for sure...and I think that I do also want to have the Liu Shimmer
Powder.
The gold lipstick might be too close to Ruffian Gold which I do already have.But I need to see swatches to make a final
decision.

I love the black design
eyelove.gif

Here is a preview of the Christmas 2012 collection courtesy of http://loulou17.livejournal.com/6913.html !

Make sure you check the source; there are other pictures. :)