Guerlain Holiday 2014- A Night at the Opera

Medgal07

I received my Petrouchka palette a little bit ago; it's gorgeous!!! I want to order the meteorites from Bloomingdales, but it's on order, so I assume probably wouldn't ship for awhile...

**Colors are much richer/more saturated IRL**

Gorgeous, but a skip for me because I have the Peach Boy duo & Écrin 4 Couleurs Les Fauves 14 Palette. Other wise I would be all over this!!!!

Medgal07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessss8
Hi! Here's the 2014 Holiday Meteorites - Perles D' Etoile

Gorgeous---
eyelove.gif

@Medgal07, @elegant-one hope you all have seen this
yahoo.gif
Yes, Thanks for thinking of us AWS!!! I ordered them this morning from Sephora w/ 8% CB w/Ebates after being tipped off by @Icecaramellatte

Icecaramellatte

[COLOR=0000FF] Gorgeous, but a skip for me because I have the Peach Boy duo &  Écrin 4 Couleurs Les Fauves 14 Palette.  Other wise I would be all over this!!!! [/COLOR]
I've had les Fauves on my list for-ever!
Quote: [COLOR=181818]Originally Posted by [/COLOR][COLOR=181818]cluelessss8[/COLOR][COLOR=181818] [/COLOR]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[COLOR=181818] [/COLOR][COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Hi! Here's the 2014 Holiday Meteorites - Perles D' Etoile[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [/COLOR]  

[COLOR=0000FF]Gorgeous---[/COLOR]:eyelove:   :yahoo: [COLOR=0000FF]Yes, Thanks for thinking of us AWS!!!  I ordered them this morning from Sephora w/ 8% CB w/Ebates after being tipped off by[/COLOR] @Icecaramellatte  
I got up much later than usual but the first thing I did was look for them. I was so surprised to see them on the first page that comes up when click the Guerlain brand. I thought for sure I'd have to do a search. So thankful to the specktrette who said it would be up today. I have yet to do this ebates thing. How does ebates make any money?

Medgal07

I have yet to do this ebates thing. How does ebates make any money?
I love the colors in Les Fauves!

I had to search for Perles d’Etoiles this morning. It didn't come up w/the other Météorites. I had to put in the actual name!
I thought they were hiding them from me.
icon_eek.gif
lmao.gif
I must sound like a paranoid addict!!!

Ebates makes money from the company's they service/represent. I love getting $$$ back from Ebates. For me it often covers all or a portion of state taxes. For example with Sephora this morning---I'll get 8% cash back. My state tax on the purchase is 6%. I'm VIB Rouge so no shipping costs. The whole thing is extra sweet when the merchant has free shipping and cash point programs---like Nordies. You would benefit greatly from Ebates because you're a 'super shopper'---like moi!
girlhaha.gif

Icecaramellatte

[COLOR=0000FF] I love the colors in Les Fauves![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I had to search for Perles d’Etoiles this morning.  It didn't come up w/the other Météorites.  I had to put in the actual name!   [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I thought they were hiding them from me. [/COLOR]:shock:  :lmao: [COLOR=0000FF]I must sound like a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]paranoid addict!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Ebates makes money from the company's they service/represent.  I love getting $$$ back from Ebates.  For me it often covers all or a portion of state taxes.  For example with Sephora this morning---I'll get 8% cash back.  My state tax on the purchase is 6%.  I'm VIB Rouge so no shipping costs.  The [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]whole thing is extra sweet when the merchant has free shipping and cash point programs---like Nordies.  You would benefit greatly from Ebates because you're a 'super [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]shopper'---like moi![/COLOR] :haha: [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]
OMGosh my tax is almost 9%! You'd think id stop buying stuff but nope!

NaomiH

T has her reviews up for the lipstick and meteorites:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-perles-detoiles-meteorites-illuminating-pearls-review-photos-swatches

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-parade-820-rouge-g-lipstick-review-photos-swatches

NaomiH

This might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. I've never used the meteorites before and was curious how to use them. Do you just go in with a brush or puff and then apply? The fact that they're little balls is throwing me off. lol

blurpleberry

i personally go in with a fluffy brush (currently using a hakuhodo j104) the balls are soft enough that they would smash if you went in with a somewhat coarse brush but it would also pick up way too much product/sparkles so i know a lot of people use a stippling brush

nazih09

I ordered it off of Sephora as soon as I saw the post here, and got the 8 percent back from ebates. I will be returning my hourglass blush palette.

Medgal07

This might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. I've never used the meteorites before and was curious how to use them. Do you just go in with a brush or puff and then apply? The fact that they're little balls is throwing me off. lol
So, not a dumb question Naomi! And yes, that's exactly how I apply them---with a dense fluffy brush. The product releases when the brush rolls over those little balls.

NaomiH

So, not a dumb question Naomi! And yes, that's exactly how I apply them---with a dense fluffy brush. The product releases when the brush rolls over those little balls.
Thank you kindly ladies!
heart.gif
I think I might finally take the plunge and get them after hearing so many good things about the meteorites in the past.

Medgal07

T has her reviews up for the lipstick and meteorites:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-perles-detoiles-meteorites-illuminating-pearls-review-photos-swatches

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-rouge-parade-820-rouge-g-lipstick-review-photos-swatches
Unfortunately, in spite of the good rating on the product, her balls look awful! I would return them. Not a single color is distinguishable, and I wonder how that factors into
the way the product appears on her skin. What a shame.

Medgal07

Thank you kindly ladies!
heart.gif
I think I might finally take the plunge and get them after hearing so many good things about the meteorites in the past.
If you do Naomi, be sure to inspect your balls. They should NOT look like T's. You want to see each color representation---happy balls. Not crushed messy balls!

ET correct a typo

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]  Unfortunately, in spite of the good rating on the product, her balls look awful!  I would return them.  Not a single color is distinguishable, and I wonder how that factors into [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  the way the product appears on her skin.  What a shame.[/COLOR]
"Her balls look awful" lol

NaomiH

If you do Naomi, ne sure to inspect your balls. They should NOT look like T's. You want to see each color representation---happy balls. Not crushed messy balls!
I am SO immature because I am laughing super hardcore at this! If I get them, I'd like to try and get them in store so I can hopefully peek in before I buy, her balls did look pretty bad.

Medgal07

I ordered it off of Sephora as soon as I saw the post here, and got the 8 percent back from ebates. I will be returning my hourglass blush palette.
Yay on the Meteorites Nazih
th_thstars.gif
Are you planning to replace your HG blush palette?