Guerlain Holiday 2014- A Night at the Opera

blurpleberry

idk, i've had purchases from bloomingdales say it would take 20+ for them to ship and then next thing i know, i received shipping confirmation like 4 days to a week later.

i think they just say 26 days cuz they aren't 100% sure when the shipment will arrive and that's probably the absolute latest time they expect so they don't wanna get people's hopes up and put in an earlier estimated date just to have people complain when it doesn't ship in the time they thought they'd get 'em --MAYBE!

elegant-one

Welcome! I absolutely looove Mia Wallace, probably my most used red, and I have a lot! (Totally enabling you, but you know! hehe)
Yep, I have to have it. I am easily enabled
bouquet.gif

EDIT: Just ordered Mia Wallace
girlhaha.gif

laurennnxox

As promised, here is a better lighting picture of Rouge Parade on the lips. I took this in daylight, facing my open window. I'm definitely glad I splurged on it!
kisses.gif

beautycool

As promised, here is a better lighting picture of Rouge Parade on the lips. I took this in daylight, facing my open window. I'm definitely glad I splurged on it! :kisses:
That's looks lovely on you Hun Such a beautiful Christmas red don't you think Not sure this will suit me x But I prob buy it anyhow :) love the packaging too don't you Hun ?

laurennnxox

But I prob buy it anyhow
smiles.gif
love the packaging too don't you Hun ?
Thank you so much! and you'll never know unless you try it, hehe. I absolutely love the packaging, so luxe. I also like that the red packaging isn't as much of a fingerprint magnet compared to the usual packaging. I'm constantly wiping off my other 2 rouge g's because they gather so many fingerprints :( I also love how I don't need to bring a mirror for touchups when I have these with me! Definitely a plus
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here are some comparison swatches. These were all taken in natural light by my window. From Top to Bottom the swatches are:
1. Guerlain, Rouge Parade
2. UD, Mia Wallace
3. YSL Rouge Pur Couture, 01 Le Rouge
4. Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel, Showstopper.

In person it looks really similar to YSL Le Rouge. I'm not too sure how it stands up in comparison to Garconne, as this is my first red Rouge G.
Thanks very much @laurennnxox! It looks absolutely beautiful and, judging from these comparisons, cooler and a bit lighter than Garconne. It truly doesn't take much to sell me on a Rouge G... you've pretty much convinced me that I need to have it!

coffeewithcream

This is really the only holiday collection that I'm really excited about. Even though I have both Turandot and Liu ... and yes, the shadows do look similar ... but those blushes! (Justify, justify, justify!) I can see wanting the palette for sure, the Meteorites, and the lipstick. A bit disappointed there is no pressed Meteorites compact this year, but I managed to locate a brand new Wulong at retail price earlier this year, so ... it will have to do!

sue12345

That looks beautiful on you. Do you like this ls better or the Miss Wallace better for daytime? Is the MIss Wallace drying at all?

laurennnxox

Thanks very much @laurennnxox! It looks absolutely beautiful and, judging from these comparisons, cooler and a bit lighter than Garconne. It truly doesn't take much to sell me on a Rouge G... you've pretty much convinced me that I need to have it!

Haha a feel slightly guilty as an enabler. But it truly is worth it! I really want to get another Rouge G, but not sure which to purchase. I already have Gemma and Grenade. I'm not sure about another Red since I have so many that are already similar. I really love shimmer/sparkle so I guess I'll be holding out to see when more LE ones come out for Spring/Summer etc. in 2015. And your welcome for the pictures! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by sue12345

That looks beautiful on you. Do you like this ls better or the Miss Wallace better for daytime? Is the MIss Wallace drying at all?
Thank you so much, @sue12345! I find this one wears a bit longer/better on me than MMW. Towards the end of MMW's wear it starts to get a little dry and wears off more noticeably in the middle of my lips. Though both are really lovely for day time. Also, I find Rouge Parade stays glossier for longer on me, too. Everyone is different, though!

Gaiya

It's up on sephora now!

http://www.sephora.com/metorites-perles-d-etoiles-P390434?icid2=guerlain_limitedcollection_carousel_P390434_link