Guerlain Summer 2014

shontay07108

Here are swatches:
from http://www.monsiieuralex.com/2014/03/guerlain-terracotta-joli-teint.html

Medgal07

from http://www.monsiieuralex.com/2014/03/guerlain-terracotta-joli-teint.html
Geez--Ebony leans pretty orange. Fonce is just PURDY
eyelove.gif

In my avi I'm only wearing eyeliner & lipstick. The smile & glow came from the big tropical drinks that you can only see in the whole photo----glow by Bacardi's.
girlhaha.gif

BreeMakeupGeek

[COLOR=0000FF]Oh, I thought you were NC 40-42.  Then Fonce is good for you as well.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] You're correct Shontay.  I thought she was NC 40-42[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] Geez--Ebony leans pretty orange.   Fonce is just PURDY[/COLOR]:eyelove:     [COLOR=0000FF]   In my avi I'm only wearing eyeliner & lipstick.  The smile & glow came from the big tropical drinks that you[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] can only see in the whole photo----glow by Bacardi's.  [/COLOR]:haha:
Love the swatches, thanks hun now looking at them I might have to customize/mix medium with fonce, I have strong yellow undertone,Looking forward to trying this in the store. Will report back:)

Medgal07

Love the swatches, thanks hun now looking at them I might have to customize/mix medium with fonce, I have strong yellow undertone,Looking forward to trying this in the store. Will report back:)
When I posed the question I was going by your avi which appears lighter than NC 45, but you know your own complexion.
Eager to hear which one you get but most of all how you like it. I think Shontay was spot on cause I'm loving it!

cpena78

Rose Grenat is a must-have in my opinion , I purchased 4 of them with 20% off, well I love them all ( and not a Rouge G fan though ). Gladys, Géraldine and Rose Glacé are very pretty, Rose Glacé being a very very pale pink shade, very nice to wear. But the most impressive of all is Rose Grenat. !
Rose Grenat is beautiful! Did you get the 20% off through Sephora?

BreeMakeupGeek

I love the Jolie Tient?(sp) & Fonce is perfect & I'm thinking of maybe getting another one while the sale is on @ Sephora!! my lil haul from Sephora!!

BreeMakeupGeek

[COLOR=0000FF]   When I posed the question I was going by your avi which appears lighter than NC 45, but you know your own complexion.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Eager to hear which one you get but most of all how you like it.  I think Shontay was spot on cause I'm loving it![/COLOR]
I'm an NC45 by default, lol I'm one of those that will need mixing 2 colors to get my color, at least in the past when I tried mac f&b foundation I remember the lady mixing C6 with N5 or C5....something like that. but fonce looks good on....so far.

Medgal07

I'm an NC45 by default, lol I'm one of those that will need mixing 2 colors to get my color, at least in the past when I tried mac f&b foundation I remember the lady mixing C6 with N5 or C5....something like that. but fonce looks good on....so far.
I think it's sad when anyone has to mix products to make them work. I'm C6 in MAC F & B, my go-to summer foundation because of its sheer
coverage, but I think it could soon be replaced by some of these new products that seem to be working for me. I've worn Joli Teint Foundation
for the past few days but today I'm looking forward to wearing Chanel Perfection Lumiére Velvet for the first time.

I'm so glad you're loving Fonce, so far!

Baby1black

[COLOR=0000FF]  Well I tried the Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Healthy Glow Fluid Foundation in Fonce and I LOVE it.  First, the[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  color match is spot on!  There has just a very faint non-overpowering fragrance, (cit[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]rus maybe) which I prefer.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]That I required only one pump of the product is in and of itself a miracle---given the size of my ample forehead. [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  I used my Chanel Blending Foundation  brush # 7.   [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]The finish is[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]smooth and flawless, [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]and dare I say---it actually[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  makes me look younger.  I've repeatedly checked the product's performance and experienced no oxidation.  I did[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  not finish/set it with a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]powder [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]because frankly, I forgot to.  For today's look, I applied my newly acquired Guerlain[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Terracotta Bronzer in 07.  I applied it over Tom Ford's shade & Illuminate 02.  The two products worked [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]well  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]together to give me a look that I get from the sun----glowing tan w/o the harmful rays of the sun.  I purchased the[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  bronzer brush, not because it's necessary, but because I suffer w/a brush [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]fet[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]ish.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]​  Thanks ladies--you enabled me but you enabled me well---you know who you are---not mentioning any names-- [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Shontay & Charismafultv[/COLOR]    [COLOR=393939]   [/COLOR] [COLOR=393939]  [/COLOR]
I pressed the button medgal on the foundation

katred

Specktra Bestie
Haven't purchased one yet- I'm on a tight budget this week- but I took swatches of all the new Rouge Gs:
ae82d9ec_image.jpeg
I couldn't get Rose Glacé to show up at all. There's a bit of shine at the left where I tried to. Other than that, l to r, you have: Geraldine, Geneva, Gaëtane, Gladys, Rose Grenat, Galiane To my eye rose grenat is the must-have, although it does look like a cross between Madame Batifole and Provocation, which were already fairly close. Gaëtane and Geneva are a little less opaque than the others.

vaisforluvrs

Gaëtane and Geneva are a little less opaque than the others.
Temptalia has swatches up if you click on the swatch tab. Gladys looks like a dupe of Provocative. Definitely no need for both. Madame Batifole is a little darker than Rose Grenant.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Temptalia has swatches up if you click on the swatch tab. Gladys looks like a dupe of Provocative. Definitely no need for both. Madame Batifole is a little darker than Rose Grenant.
These things can vary depending on whose skin they're swatched on, but Gladys looked much closer to Gigi on me- definitely cooler than Provocative. But it really depends on how much you wear such colours.

A couple of other things that looked quite similar on my arm:

Geneva is just a little pinker than Nahema RA on my skin. Again, unless you love these sorts of shades, you probably don't need both. I swatched it next to Genna Rouge G (#28), but Genna is much redder and more opaque.

Galiane was indistinguishable from Gillian (#14) on me.

Geraldine was similar, but definitely cooler than Georgia (#62).

My skin is about a Mac NC15 and is pretty neutral, maybe leans a little cool.

Latest posts