Guerlain Summer 2014

bellaluv95

Gaëtane and Geneva are a little less opaque than the others.
Thanks for the swatches! I'm still planning on getting rose grenat, because I would definitely get use out of it, but I have both Madame Batifole and Provocative Rouge Gs...

Medgal07

Nice swatches Katred---thanks for taking the time. My eyes went directly to Rose Grenat---just ordered it!
heart.gif

Prettypackages

Have you tried it?
yes way to beige.

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

See, you just can't listen to those SA's sometimes most of the time. I can't remember the last time I asked someone to color match me. I'm on my own.
Normally I don't, but for some reason, I couldn't see shit in the store that day. She said the Fonce had too much red in it. *side eye* But I'm starting to get confused and maybe I dont know what color I am. There are some bloggers who are darker than me and wear the shades I gravitate too. So I decided to go for it. I did blend nicely in the store. Got home and it was a mess. I'm golden or yellow. (But get red in the summer, huh???) I'm tired of foundations being to pink, beige, or orange. Who is orange anyway???

Baby1black

:pompom: [COLOR=0000FF]Yay---I'm wearing it today.  Which shade did you get?  It is so light, and I don't feel like I'm wearing anything on my face![/COLOR]
I got fonce if it is slightly light then I will add my four seasons bronzer . You are fairer than I am but I do wear c6 in mac face and body

Medgal07

yes way to beige.

Normally I don't, but for some reason, I couldn't see shit in the store that day. She said the Fonce had too much red in it. *side eye* But I'm starting to get confused and maybe I dont know what color I am. There are some bloggers who are darker than me and wear the shades I gravitate too. So I decided to go for it. I did blend nicely in the store. Got home and it was a mess. I'm golden or yellow. (But get red in the summer, huh???) I'm tired of foundations being to pink, beige, or orange. Who is orange anyway???
Well now---having used Fonce for several days now, I noticed that it darkens/oxidizes on me & it's pretty noticeable.
I then tried Moyen and it looked just a tad light initially, but darkened to PERFECTION. I'm keeping both. One for now,
one for late summer. I love this product!!!!!

Baby1black

Haven't purchased one yet- I'm on a tight budget this week- but I took swatches of all the new Rouge Gs:
ae82d9ec_image.jpeg
I couldn't get Rose Glacé to show up at all. There's a bit of shine at the left where I tried to. Other than that, l to r, you have: Geraldine, Geneva, Gaëtane, Gladys, Rose Grenat, Galiane To my eye rose grenat is the must-have, although it does look like a cross between Madame Batifole and Provocation, which were already fairly close. Gaëtane and Geneva are a little less opaque than the others.
Rose grenat is stunning,thanks

Medgal07

I got fonce if it is slightly light then I will add my four seasons bronzer . You are fairer than I am but I do wear c6 in mac face and body
Moyen works too. Try to notice if Fonce darkens on you. It did me, so I also got Moyen. It appeared light, but not too light---not Ashy Larry light
but then it darkened to a perfect match. I'm keeping both!

BTW, I'm also 6C in MAC F & B.

Baby1black

[COLOR=0000FF]  Moyen works too.  Try to notice if Fonce darkens on you.  It did me, so I also got Moyen.  It appeared light, but not too light---not Ashy Larry light[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    but then it darkened to a perfect match.  I'm keeping both![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    BTW, I'm also 6C in MAC F & B.[/COLOR]
Thanks I will try fonce first if it darkens a little will leave it to summer. I always have a mix of lighter vs darker foundations, some for the summer and some for the winter and some when I want a more bronzed look.

Medgal07

Thanks I will try fonce first if it darkens a little will leave it to summer. I always have a mix of lighter vs darker foundations, some for the summer and some for the winter and some when I want a more bronzed look.
Exactly! I figure with both I'm covered for the seasons.

shontay07108

yes way to beige.  Normally I don't, but for some reason, I couldn't see shit in the store that day.   She said the Fonce had too much red in it.    *side eye*  But I'm starting to get confused and maybe I dont know what color I am. There are some bloggers who are darker than me and wear the shades I gravitate too.  So I decided to go for it.  I did blend nicely in the store. Got home and it was a mess.  I'm golden or yellow. (But get red in the summer, huh???)  I'm tired of foundations being to pink, beige, or orange.  Who is orange anyway???  
[COLOR=0000FF]   Well now---having used Fonce for several days now, I noticed that it darkens/oxidizes on me & it's pretty noticeable.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I then tried Moyen and it looked just a tad light initially, but darkened to PERFECTION.  I'm keeping both.  One for now,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   one for late summer.  I love this product!!!!![/COLOR]
That's funny. I'm definitely yellow toned and Fonce doesn't turn dark or red on me. It gives me that bronzed, sunkissed thing that's on the bottle, but everyone is different and everyone has different tastes. Medgal, you have two now. :haha:

Medgal07

That's funny. I'm definitely yellow toned and Fonce doesn't turn dark or red on me. It gives me that bronzed, sunkissed thing that's on the bottle, but everyone is different and everyone has different tastes. Medgal, you have two now.
girlhaha.gif
Yes Lady Shontay (I called you that in one of the threads) I now have two
th_DANCE.gif
---wouldn't have any were it not for you, so I'm grateful.

I need to try Fonce w/o the bronzer----that darkened me for sure but let's see what happens
th_dunno.gif

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF]  Yes Lady Shontay (I called you that in one of the threads) I now have two:happydance: ---wouldn't have any were it not for you, so I'm grateful.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I need to try Fonce w/o the bronzer----that darkened me for sure but let's see what happens:dunno: [/COLOR]
I saw that. :lol: The added bronzer is probably overload. :lol: I don't use bronzer too much and when I do it's usually as a blush. I haven't used it when using the JT b/c it already gives me a sunkissed look. It's quite possible that our skintone can pull off both shades. It just depends on what you're going for. I would doubt myself, but I know I critiqued my face every which way trying to decide if I had the right shade. The ultimate test was letting my dad see me with it on. He's quick to say what the hell is going on with your face? :lmao:

Medgal07

The added bronzer is probably overload.
lol.gif
I don't use bronzer too much and when I do it's usually as a blush. I haven't used it when using the JT b/c it already gives me a sunkissed look. It's quite possible that our skintone can pull off both shades. It just depends on what you're going for. I would doubt myself, but I know I critiqued my face every which way trying to decide if I had the right shade. The ultimate test was letting my dad see me with it on. He's quick to say what the hell is going on with your face?
lmao.gif
Yes
lol.gif
But I didn't have that lightbulb moment until we were chatting about it
lol.gif
. I just contoured w/the bronzer. Well how dang lucky are we to be able to use both!!!!

th_LMAO.gif
Dad's a hoot!

JulieDiva

I purchased the new Rouge G in Rose Glace...it is a shimmery, pale, silvery toned lipstick, which is great to use ONTOP of other colours...like a gloss/neutralizer...it was applied on me with a nude pink liner, and it looked like I was wearing shimmery lipgloss. It is delicate but I could see me using it to tone down deep lipsticks and add "oomph" to others..

JulieDiva

Also, if you are a NW20-25 like myself, the new Joli Teint Healthy Glow in Natural will make you look like you spent the day on the beach...it is a perfect light tan, healthy glow tinted cream...I was impressed.

MissTania

Thank you for the swatches
bouquet.gif
, I feel the same way- Rose Grenat is the stand-out for me, and the LE packaging is very nice. I have to stalk my counter in person and see if they have arrived yet.

shontay07108

I tore myself away from my new Chanel foundation to wear Joli Teint today. Still loving it. So light and really makes my skin glow. It'll be so awesome in the Summer. :heart:

Prettypackages

Umm...me? Lol. I've never complained about foundations being too orange. But I hate to look too red so I know what you mean. Lol.
LOL I get it. I don't like them to red either....

IT could have been that my forehead is darker than the rest of my face... That's where I tend to have issues...

Medgal what color are you in Studio Sculpt?

Medgal07

Thank you for the swatches
bouquet.gif
, I feel the same way- Rose Grenat is the stand-out for me, and the LE packaging is very nice. I have to stalk my counter in person and see if they have arrived yet.
It's so vibrant & pretty---it screams summer. I justified purchasing it because everything else that I ordered was 10% off.
girlhaha.gif