(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

DILLIGAF

Ladies, does anyone have the EL 5-tone shimmer powder in Bronze Shimmer? I got it today from the CCO and it is a fabulous highlighter!

I do I do!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Psych1

Just for fun, thought I'd share the highlighters I've acquired in the past 8-9 months. My collection is humble and small in comparison to the lovely ladies of specktra, but now that my addiction is in full bloom, I fear for what's to come as I just can't seem to stop!
Mwahahahahahahahhaaaaaaa! My plan is working!

Medgal07

Beautiful collection! I fear that my stash has doubled since I subbed to this thread LOL
I'm afraid to count mine but I no it's really bad---I got two this week, alone
ohboy.gif
It's pretty clear that I have a problem
girlhaha.gif

Psych1

Yes, I'm slowly overdoing it myself!! I'm already confused about which one to use in the a.m as it is! How do you like EL BG Gelee powder? I never pay attention to EL when I go to mine! I'll check it out next week. I was there this a.m. Precisely! Exactly! Definitely!
Lol, I thought I was the only one having a tough time deciding which highlighter to use. I swear I get so overwhelmed as to which one to use, especially since many of them are new, so I'm still in the stage where I want to use them all The EL Gelee is very subtle and illuminates my cheeks with a hint of a warm glow. I can build and build without over doing it, it's not very pigmented at all. I'm about a MAC NC 23-25 with yellow undertones. I honestly prefer the EL All Over Illuminating Stick, it's a gorgeous highlight with a peachy-pink glow!

Psych1

:haha: [COLOR=0000FF]I'm not close to a CCO, and since they can be so hit or miss, I'll save my coins for the upcoming Chanel highlighter.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF]LOVELY!!!  You're on your way------and you know there's no turning back now!!!:frenz: [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF] I'm afraid to count mine but I no it's really bad---I got two this week, alone[/COLOR]:eek:hboy:  [COLOR=0000FF]It's pretty clear that I have a problem[/COLOR]:haha:  
Thanks, medgal! I'm slipping and sliding down this slippery slope at high speeds! No turning back now, I'm a highlight addict!

montREALady

Lol, I thought I was the only one having a tough time deciding which highlighter to use. I swear I get so overwhelmed as to which one to use, especially since many of them are new, so I'm still in the stage where I want to use them all The EL Gelee is very subtle and illuminates my cheeks with a hint of a warm glow. I can build and build without over doing it, it's not very pigmented at all. I'm about a MAC NC 23-25 with yellow undertones. I honestly prefer the EL All Over Illuminating Stick, it's a gorgeous highlight with a peachy-pink glow!
I just bought the new Sonia Kashuk stick. I think they're in the same color fam.

SandraVB79

What is the difference between a highlighter and MAC beauty powder? I know I have already asked this question (probably in another thread) but it's still not clear to me.

Monsy

i think beauty powders are much more subtle and some of them can be used all over as finishing powders and some other can be worn instead of a blush .

CoralBlast

What is the difference between a highlighter and MAC beauty powder? I know I have already asked this question (probably in another thread) but it's still not clear to me.
Some beauty powders have light shimmer and a light tint so they can be used as a finishing product like guerlains meteorites, the ones with more shimmer are much more subtle than say a mineralized skinfinish or edsf for that matter. I prefer beauty powders as they haven't any big shimmer particles for day time and blend like a dream on my skin, for the more apparent or night out i go for a highlighter thats stronger more obvious.i hope it helps you:bouquet:

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF] Fasten your seat belt!!!  [/COLOR]:haha: [COLOR=0000FF]Thanks to Vee,  I just ordered this stunner today:[/COLOR]  :eyelove:  http://www.neimanmarcus.com/CHANEL-...r-Illuminating-Powder-Limited-Edition-WHAT-S- NEW/prod180070240_cat38670743_cat38670741_/p.prod?isEditorial=false&index=2&cmCat=cat000000cat000285cat44690738cat38670741cat38670743
The page is coming up as NOT FOUND! Ahhh is it sold out ? What is it, I see the link says Chanel LE illuminating powder??? I want it! LOL ETA: nevermind, the link was broken, I found it!! Thank you!! I just ordered it LMAO! I'm hopeless! Doesn't take much to enable me, especially with LE highlighters/illuminators. Thank goodness for NM quick shipping!

Psych1

I thought the Chanel was a bronzing powder for some reason. I'm guessing it's along the lines of the EL Gelee, where it's a soft illuminating bronzey glow, but obviously not a bronzer. I called my local NM and the SA said they received their shipment but haven't put it out yet! Hello, put it OUT!!!

Psych1

I passed on HG ambient bronzers for this!
I passed on those as well. I can't believe the over abundance of bad reviews on them, it's almost unanimous from bloggers/vloggers that they are a pass. For $50, HG needed to do way better than a an orange/shimmery mess.

charismafulltv

I passed on those as well. I can't believe the over abundance of bad reviews on them, it's almost unanimous from bloggers/vloggers that they are a pass. For $50, HG needed to do way better than a an orange/shimmery mess.
$50 is way to high prices for the brand :eek: