(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Medgal07

greengrin.gif
friends.gif
th_kiss.gif
The NPs are up Vee--trying to order but the site is a bit wonky!!!

montREALady

What is the difference between a highlighter and MAC beauty powder? I know I have already asked this question (probably in another thread) but it's still not clear to me.
i think beauty powders are much more subtle and some of them can be used all over as finishing powders and some other can be worn instead of a blush .
Some beauty powders have light shimmer and a light tint so they can be used as a finishing product like guerlains meteorites, the ones with more shimmer are much more subtle than say a mineralized skinfinish or edsf for that matter. I prefer beauty powders as they haven't any big shimmer particles for day time and blend like a dream on my skin, for the more apparent or night out i go for a highlighter thats stronger more obvious.i hope it helps you:bouquet:
I'm NW45 so I use MAC Pearl Blossom bp as a highlighter (cheekbone, nose bridge). I've been meaning to try as an all over, Summer Opal too but I never seem to! I'll experiment this weekend.

montREALady

CoralBlast

I'm NW45 so I use MAC Pearl Blossom bp as a highlighter (cheekbone, nose bridge). I've been meaning to try as an all over, Summer Opal too but I never seem to! I'll experiment this weekend.
Be carefull not to put too much and the right brush is helpful( a duo fiber or something fluffy) i dont have pearl blossom but i have pearl sunshine from the barbie collection, its the same but peach though its light i would not suggest that one as all over alpha girl would be more suited for an all over try pearl blossom slowly a bit over your brows or at the sides of your forehead. I use pretty baby or elude to set my make up but i also use a different powder for my t-zone. I will not be getting the chanel one too orange for a highlighter.:shrugs:

montREALady

Be carefull not to put too much and the right brush is helpful( a duo fiber or something fluffy) i dont have pearl blossom but i have pearl sunshine from the barbie collection, its the same but peach though its light i would not suggest that one as all over alpha girl would be more suited for an all over try pearl blossom slowly a bit over your brows or at the sides of your forehead. I use pretty baby or elude to set my make up but i also use a different powder for my t-zone. I will not be getting the chanel one too orange for a highlighter.:shrugs:
Oh yes definitely re application. I tried SO as an all over last night. Looked good. PB is a different beast for sure.

boschicka

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.beauty.com/laura-geller-beauty-baked-gelato-swirl-illuminator-ballerina/qxp551187?catid=82243

Medgal07

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.beauty.com/laura-geller-beauty-baked-gelato-swirl-illuminator-ballerina/qxp551187?catid=82243
Oh here you come starting trouble
lmao.gif
They look pretty but I just dumped my wallet on Chanel, Tom Ford, Armani
and YSL. I'm waiting for Guerlain to release their new Rainbow Balls. Have you seen them???

boschicka

Has anyone tried these?

Oh here you come starting trouble
lmao.gif
They look pretty but I just dumped my wallet on Chanel, Tom Ford, Armani
and YSL. I'm waiting for Guerlain to release their new Rainbow Balls. Have you seen them???
angelic.gif
Me? Trouble? Never!
As for the Guerlain Rainbow Balls........No! I just looked them up and they look like heaven!

Sandalskt

[COLOR=0000FF]   Oh here you come starting trouble:lmao: [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]They look pretty but I just dumped my wallet on Chanel, Tom Ford, Armani[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   and YSL.  I'm waiting for [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Guerlain to release their new Rainbow Balls.  Have you seen them???[/COLOR]
Rainbow balls? Do you have a link?