(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

montREALady

Depending on your skin tone you can use the hourglass powder as a setting powder to keep your foundation (using a light hand) or concealer in place. It has a very subtle glow that it imparts on the skin or use it as soft highlight on the cheeks and high points of your face if you like. As for the cream highlighter, its best as a base under a powder highlight - to keep it in place - or if you like a very dewy look you can forgo the powder and use it on its own. Place it anywhere you want your face to glow :)
When I took those Sephora classes that's what I used the Hourglass for, as a setting powder. I remember checking it out before that and finding it too subtle for a highlight, then took the class and the teacher saying she loves it as a setting because she likes glowy skin.
hourglass can be uset not as setting but FINISHING powder it gives the whole face more polished smoother look 
   [COLOR=0000FF]That's how I always used it----as a finishing powder, OVER my setting powder---just a very light dusting.[/COLOR]
That's actually what I meant. I don't always set with a powder. I don't want/need to all the time. My makeup rarely moves. I sometimes use setting and finishing interchangeably but in my head I know what I mean :lmao:

montREALady

I have used it as a setting powder (not just a finishing powder) No one here was discussing the difference between the two as thats NOT what she asked for. I gave her options. I know the difference and as a professional I've tested it time and time again. I don't make recommendations unless it passes my tests in person and on camera :haha: but you however can use it how you choose to. lol.
Same here, I do what I want and use stuff how I want. However it works for me. What works for one doesn't work the same for another...the instructions/directions on certain products aren't "Bible", a lot are mere suggestions. I remember Sheamoisture didn't have instructions on how to use their hair products on the bottles and some people were lost...others used it how they wanted with great results.

Monsy

you can of course use it any way you want. you can use it as an eyeshadow but that doesn't mean it is an eyeshadow. I love to dust luminous light all over my lids but i do not call it an eyeshadow.

there is difference between setting and finishing powder. I most of the time do not use setting powders only finishing ones. maybe we are talking about the same thing but just calling it different name? It's a light dusting of a powder all over the face to finish the makeup - give it some glow, blur pores and imperfections. That's what I call finishing. Maybe you call that setting.

It's all ok. It's just makeup. there is no need for fighting

Lipsnliner

Trust me, no one is fighting, it seems you just can't handle someone else using a product differently. lol. Again, hopefully you hear me this time, I never said it was a setting powder. I said it can be used as such. You are obviously not paying attention. I'm not going to argue with someone who is not a professional that I respect. Carry on and have a good night Monsy.

laurennnxox

That's how I always used it----as a finishing powder, OVER my setting powder---just a very light dusting.
I've been doing that the last few days with the powder I got. I'm thinking of returning it. I'm just not liking it as much as my meteorites. I'm not noticing a difference in the way I do with the meteorites. I purchased diffused light.
th_dunno.gif

Psych1

I've been doing that the last few days with the powder I got. I'm thinking of returning it. I'm just not liking it as much as my meteorites. I'm not noticing a difference in the way I do with the meteorites. I purchased diffused light. :dunno:  
Same here. I have luminous and mood light and while I like them well enough as a "setting powder" and "finishing powder" and the formula just isn't as sophisticated as the meteorites, which makes the finish not as nice.

Medgal07

I've been doing that the last few days with the powder I got. I'm thinking of returning it. I'm just not liking it as much as my meteorites. I'm not noticing a difference in the way I do with the meteorites. I purchased diffused light.
th_dunno.gif
Will you try one of the others? I've had the Radiant Light, (described as a golden beige) for quite some time. My issue here again is product overload------I forget to
reach for it. Between Guerlain Météorites & the Terracotta Joli Teint Powder Duo, Chanel Les Beiges & Chanel Les BeigesHealthy Glow Multi Colour Powder & Poudre
Universelle libre Powder, Moon Light and on and on-----too numerous to count, so no one of these and /or all the others get much love. I should come up with a rotation
plan or something.

Medgal07

Same here. I have luminous and mood light and while I like them well enough as a "setting powder" and "finishing powder" and the formula just isn't as sophisticated as the meteorites, which makes the finish not as nice.
While the Météorites are a tough act to follow, it saddens me that I can't wear them directly on my skin-----you know for a no makeup look. They make my face itch like crazy.
I can only wear them OVER my setting powder to finish the look.
sigh.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

While the Météorites are a tough act to follow, it saddens me that I can't wear them directly on my skin-----you know for a no makeup look. They make my face itch like crazy.
I can only wear them OVER my setting powder to finish the look.
sigh.gif
It sucks that the irritate your face although since they are intended to be used as an over over finishing powder I guess it all works out, lol. I mean it goes without saying that you (everyone) can use stuff however they like. Do you set with your Meteorites (just curious)?

Medgal07

It sucks that the irritate your face although since they are intended to be used as an over over finishing powder I guess it all works out, lol. I mean it goes without saying that you (everyone) can use stuff however they like. Do you set with your Meteorites (just curious)?
I think I'd be devastated if I couldn't use them at all. They do give an amazing finish on bare skin and are widely used that way. They don't bother me when I use them
as a finishing powder, because I suppose there's enough product between me and the product at that point. I don't 'set' my makeup with them because they haven't
been effective for me that way. Some people have experienced excessive oiliness when they use them, but I've not had that issue. For me they've been an amazing
finishing powder.

PrettyGirlDoc

So, I think I posted this a while ago, but I can't honestly remember. Does anyone here have any experience with the Madina Milano Chic & Shine highlighting stick? It keeps cropping up in various MUA interviews, and I'm so intrigued. Of course, it's impossible to get in the US, which only adds to the mystique. Just wondering if anyone here has it and what your thoughts are on it, or if you've found a solid dupe for it?
Hi I'm sorry if I'm late with this response. It's almost impossible to get this over here. There are only four stores in Milan that sell it. There's a dupe. It's the Drew Barrymore chubby stick in her flower cosmetic line sold at Walmart.

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]  While the Météorites are a tough act to follow, it saddens me that I can't wear them directly on my skin-----you know for a no makeup look.  They make my face itch like crazy.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  I can only wear them OVER my setting powder to finish the look.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]:sigh:
Oh really? So far, I've only used them as a setting/finishing powder so I'm not sure how my skin would react.

deevine

Anybody ever heard of JD Glow Cosmetics? They are a new line with some highly pigmented and unique highlighters:) I love them all and only $15 each

DLuxJessica

Hi I'm sorry if I'm late with this response. It's almost impossible to get this over here. There are only four stores in Milan that sell it. There's a dupe. It's the Drew Barrymore chubby stick in her flower cosmetic line sold at Walmart.
Yeah... unfortunately, it's the impossibility that makes me want it. Darn psychology. I read the article that said the Flower highlighter chubby stick was close, I might have to check it out. Kiko also has a stick that looks similar, so I might give that a go as well. So does W3ll People, but I think theirs might be more like having RMS Living Luminizer in stick form (but that's kind of just a guess).

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF]   Will you try one of the others?   I've had the Radiant Light, (described as a golden beige) for quite some time.  My issue here again is product overload------I forget to[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   reach for it.  Between Guerlain [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Météorites & the Terracotta Joli [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Teint Powder Duo, Chanel Les Beiges & Chanel Les Beiges[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Healthy Glow Multi Colour Powder &  Poudre[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Universelle libre Powder, Moon Light and on and on-----too[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] numerous to count, so no one of [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]these and /or all the others get much love.   I should come up with a rotation[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   plan or something.[/COLOR]
I'm not sure if I'll try another one. I'm super fair. I remember trying one a long time ago (with a light dusting) and it pinkened my foundation. I think it was dim light? I might as well put that money to the new MJ foundation and stick to my meteorites!

Shars

Thanks----it's really lovely.

Thanks Bosch. Yes, and it's no longer there. I don't know how they make these decisions. Perhaps this means it will show up at other merchants
shrugs.gif
It's still available on Dior.com.
http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fragrance-and-beauty/makeup/look-exclusives/cosmopolite-collection-fall-look-2015/pr-csmplt-y0332950-illuminatingfacepowder.html

PrettyGirlDoc

Yeah... unfortunately, it's the impossibility that makes me want it. Darn psychology. I read the article that said the Flower highlighter chubby stick was close, I might have to check it out. Kiko also has a stick that looks similar, so I might give that a go as well. So does W3ll People, but I think theirs might be more like having RMS Living Luminizer in stick form (but that's kind of just a guess).
Believe me I understand. Anyone that is serious about makeup is going to want a product that Pat McGrath buys by the box load. I put it in my basket online and was using my French to read Italian. Lol! They don't ship abroad. I don't really want to buy anything from Walmart. Their practices are disgusting. I will keep looking for a dupe. I saw it was on sale on eBay for $75. The date already ended. That's pretty steep. I am going to look into NARS Luxor and Copacabana multiples because these were talked about in the same article.

Latest posts