(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Shars

lmao.gif
I missed this the first time around Miss Shars
blah.gif

girlhaha.gif
Just looking out for you!
bangin.gif

Went to a CCO on Thurs and got MAC's MSF in the limited edition shade Stereo Rose. Then got NYX's Illuminator in Chaotic yesterday which is probably similar (I'm a mess). Both are gorg though!
girlhaha.gif
What!!! Was it your work one or the Deer Park one?

Quote: Originally Posted by DILLIGAF

From my mouth to Kiko's ears
sneaky.gif
girlhaha.gif

montREALady

I think you got a dud! Mine was butter from the get go. I actually over applied it when I first used it.

girlhaha.gif
Just looking out for you!
bangin.gif

Oooh. One of my makeup besties just posted a swatch of the highlight powders on her blog. She picked up all three! The sheen is amazing!
What!!! Was it your work one or the Deer Park one?

girlhaha.gif
I have to go look for those powders stat, lol. The mosaic looking ones?

Deer Park girl! They had all of the Toledo glasses but Oxblood too. 3 Simpson's lip glasses. Sharon Osbourne lipglasses, Kelly Osbourne MSF and a lip liner, RiRi holiday bundle with the VG lipsticks, Maleficent stuff, Kinky Boots Kinky lipstick (my sis got that along with La Vie En Rouge and Pander Me). I got Pander Me and the unreleased Frankly Fresh lipglass from the Temp Rising collection and the Stereo Rose. Then 3 UD liquid liners from the Lancome outlet ($5 each!) and a UD lip gloss. I didn't go in
girlhaha.gif

montREALady

Hi Ladies, I just picked up some goodies from the drugstore. Has anyone checked out the New Maybelline highlight powders! They have several. I picked up the mauve color and their new blushes which have a dewy finish. They can be used as highlighters depending on your skintone. Also found the Sonia Kashuk highlighter which is a supposed dupe for the Pat McGrath favorite by Madina. Here are some pics;
b25b4d96_image.jpeg
0cd6faa9_image.jpeg
9b493a3c_image.jpeg
25abc217_image.jpeg
c14115cd_image.jpeg
Question, is the Maybelline mosaic one "Mauve"? I see it here but it doesn't say "New" like yours so I'm wondering if you're talking about something newer...thanks!

DLuxJessica

I picked up the Smashbox LA Lights stick thingie in "Hollywood & Highlight" today and I think it might satisfy my Madina Milano craving for now. The color is kinda of a sandy beige and the texture is smooth and emollient and doesn't seem to jack up my foundation when I swipe it on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. My only gripe is that it doesn't seem like much product for the $29 price tag.

Medgal07

WANTED: 12-Step Program for severely addicted highlighter addict!!!!!
Today's fix: Charlotte Tilbury Dreamy Glow highlighter

Icecaramellatte

Speaking of reconsidering . . . I tried the Tribulation blush again. I was staying in a few days ago so I decided to just put on foundation and the highlighter. I wanted to get a sense of it without other colors distracting from it. It was really pretty. Very nice golden glow on the skin. I think it will work best for me when I do my neutral blushes. I think the stronger blushes just were overtaking the highlighter. This is not a bam in your face highlighter so I was unsure as that is what I normally go for. So I'm changing my mind and glad I bought it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Speaking of reconsidering . . . I tried the Tribulation blush again. I was staying in a few days ago so I decided to just put on foundation and the highlighter. I wanted to get a sense of it without other colors distracting from it. It was really pretty. Very nice golden glow on the skin. I think it will work best for me when I do my neutral blushes. I think the stronger blushes just were overtaking the highlighter. This is not a bam in your face highlighter so I was unsure as that is what I normally go for. So I'm changing my mind and glad I bought it.
I'm definitely a more of a subtle highlighter girl so now I am a super pumped for Tribulation to arrive. It sounds like it could be a go-to highlighter for me.

Vineetha

Ooo Thanks!! I am actually waiting for sephora to have it! Since the availability says aug 1, I hope they will have it in the stores too by sunday so that i can pick it up during the rouge event!!

Edit: of course I need more highlighters!!
th_crazy2.gif

PrettyGirlDoc

I picked up the Smashbox LA Lights stick thingie in "Hollywood & Highlight" today and I think it might satisfy my Madina Milano craving for now. The color is kinda of a sandy beige and the texture is smooth and emollient and doesn't seem to jack up my foundation when I swipe it on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. My only gripe is that it doesn't seem like much product for the $29 price tag. 
Does it have shimmer?

Medgal07

Oh my!
icon_eek.gif
It did not look that good when I swatched it in store. I was afraid of that. Reconsidering!!!!
ICL, that's a pretty heavy swatch for the camera. True highlighter addicts like us know you can control the intensity through your application. This is a really nice highlighter.
It surprised even me.
greengrin.gif

DLuxJessica

Does it have shimmer?
Yup! But it's kind of sheer? Like... I'm not sure it's actually possible to overdo it with this one (it might just look shiny if you did, but definitely not glittery). I swatched it on the back of my hand at Ulta, and I swatched a similar stick thing from It Cosmetics next to it, and the Smashbox one was more subtle, and looked more refined.

Hold on... lemme grab it and swipe it on the back of my hand again...