(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

boschicka

Oh I love hearing that!!! I almost skipped it because I've gotten so many highlighters recently---so glad I didn't!! I was only moved to get one CT lipstick and that was
Hepburn Honey. It's really nice as you know but I'm not a fan of its packaging.

th_sign_woot.gif
Your girls is lovely YF!!!!!
heart.gif

The lipstick packaging is horrendous. My Hourglass lipsticks cost less and the case is so heavy and pretty. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on replacing Miss Kensington and Hepburn Honey. The NP packaging is pretty, but it feels cheap to me as well. The Dreamy Glow highlighter almost flew out of my hand today and I was fully prepared to go down with it to prevent a disaster, lol. I think that for the price, the packaging should be made of better materials. It is pretty to look at though and I don't regret my purchase at all.
lmao.gif
Truth

Medgal07

The lipstick packaging is horrendous. My Hourglass lipsticks cost less and the case is so heavy and pretty. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on replacing Miss Kensington and Hepburn Honey. The NP packaging is pretty, but it feels cheap to me as well. The Dreamy Glow highlighter almost flew out of my hand today and I was fully prepared to go down with it to prevent a disaster, lol. I think that for the price, the packaging should be made of better materials. It is pretty to look at though and I don't regret my purchase at all.
I guess that's why I've been a bit reluctant to go all-in w/this brand. I have quite a few items but not like other
brands that I absolutely love.

Good save w/the near disaster and your DG. I shattered a Dior limited edition highlighter some time ago and
wanted to cry every time I looked at it. Shars recently coached me through fixing it and it's like new---performs like
nothing ever happened to it.

cupcake28

I guess that's why I've been a bit reluctant to go all-in w/this brand. I have quite a few items but not like other
brands that I absolutely love.

Good save w/the near disaster and your DG. I shattered a Dior limited edition highlighter some time ago and
wanted to cry every time I looked at it. Shars recently coached me through fixing it and it's like new---performs like
nothing ever happened to it.
Yeah, I think this brand is still in the tweaking phase, but I think she's too busy promoting it to address the changes that need to be made. I see her everywhere now. A few months ago, I didn't even know who she was. I do appreciate her aesthetic though and that's why I ordered so many things, I just simply loved them. I am always drawn to true artistry and the genius of designing a collection, all while paying homage to an icon in the industry.

PrettyGirlDoc

Hi Ladies, I just picked up some goodies from the drugstore. Has anyone checked out the New Maybelline highlight powders! They have several. I picked up the mauve color and their new blushes which have a dewy finish. They can be used as highlighters depending on your skintone. Also found the Sonia Kashuk highlighter which is a supposed dupe for the Pat McGrath favorite by Madina. Here are some pics;
b25b4d96_image.jpeg
0cd6faa9_image.jpeg
9b493a3c_image.jpeg
25abc217_image.jpeg
c14115cd_image.jpeg

montREALady

Went to a CCO on Thurs and got MAC's MSF in the limited edition shade Stereo Rose. Then got NYX's Illuminator in Chaotic yesterday which is probably similar (I'm a mess). Both are gorg though! :haha:

Medgal07

Yeah, I think this brand is still in the tweaking phase, but I think she's too busy promoting it to address the changes that need to be made. I see her everywhere now. A few months ago, I didn't even know who she was. I do appreciate her aesthetic though and that's why I ordered so many things, I just simply loved them. I am always drawn to true artistry and the genius of designing a collection, all while paying homage to an icon in the industry.
So, so true. She has done many products well and continues to struggle with others. I don't care for the packaged looks----good concept but not too pragmatic.
One size will never fit all. I'm glad she's unbundled those.

Quote: Originally Posted by PrettyGirlDoc

Hi Ladies,
I just picked up some goodies from the drugstore. Has anyone checked out the New Maybelline highlight powders! They have several. I picked up the mauve color and their new blushes which have a dewy finish. They can be used as highlighters depending on your skintone. Also found the Sonia Kashuk highlighter which is a supposed dupe for the Pat McGrath favorite by Madina.
Here are some pics;

Very nice PGD!!!! Thanks for the pics & swatches.

starletta8

I've been doing that the last few days with the powder I got. I'm thinking of returning it. I'm just not liking it as much as my meteorites. I'm not noticing a difference in the way I do with the meteorites. I purchased diffused light.
th_dunno.gif

Try Dim Light with CP- we seem to have similar complexions.

boschicka

Well that's enough for me. Ordering!
tong.gif

yahoo.gif
Well, I tried to order it. Dior's website will let me enter a different shipping and billing address, but then it keeps changing them to the same address. Packages are stolen from my house, so I have everything delivered to work. Now I have to ask my friend to order it. Annoying.

Medgal07

Well, I tried to order it. Dior's website will let me enter a different shipping and billing address, but then it keeps changing them to the same address. Packages are stolen from my house, so I have everything delivered to work. Now I have to ask my friend to order it. Annoying.
That's insane-----I always use different shipping & billing addresses because we live in two states and go back & forth. I'm positive I did it for the Dior highlighter.
Do you have a profile set up on the site?

Twinkle_Twinkle

I just ordered NARS Tribulation! I have high hopes. And now my two month (at least) no-buy has officially begun. I look forward to living vicariously through you ladies and growing an epic wishlist. I'm pretty sure my first purchase once the no-buy is up with be Colour Pop highlighters and lip products.

montREALady

Hi Ladies, I just picked up some goodies from the drugstore. Has anyone checked out the New Maybelline highlight powders! They have several. I picked up the mauve color and their new blushes which have a dewy finish. They can be used as highlighters depending on your skintone. Also found the Sonia Kashuk highlighter which is a supposed dupe for the Pat McGrath favorite by Madina. Here are some pics;
b25b4d96_image.jpeg
0cd6faa9_image.jpeg
9b493a3c_image.jpeg
25abc217_image.jpeg
c14115cd_image.jpeg
Gorg. I love drugstore stuff! I have the l.e SK bronzing stick from her Spring Collection Arabian Dreams but never tried any of her highlighting ones. Gotta look into that mauve Maybelline powder. Thanks.

boschicka

That's insane-----I always use different shipping & billing addresses because we live in two states and go back & forth. I'm positive I did it for the Dior highlighter.
Do you have a profile set up on the site?
Setting up an account solved it! Thanks, @Medgal07!!! You saved lives.
kissy.gif