(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

laurennnxox

But wait .... the gorgeous Chanel highlighter that makes my heart flutter? I am trying to resist the temptation to purchase it but don't you need two? One to use and one to just stare at !?! See ..... this would be my problem.
Ahhh, no! I meant, buying a shimmer brick and Platine in the same day. Not two of chanel. hehe.
lol.gif

powderprincess

I caved on the chanel palatine and the guerlain holiday meteorites this week. The chanel is unique to my collection. Now I need to go on a no buy!

cocotears

MAC Barbados Girl Lustre Drops MAC Rio MSF MAC Cajun MCLP MAC Magnetic Appeal EDSF theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer theBalm Cindy- Lou Manizer LORAC Tantalizer Baked Bronzer BECCA Rose Gold Pressed SSP BECCA Watermelon/Moonstone Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé Sleek Contour Kits in Medium & Dark Benefit Watt's Up My faves are Watt's Up for cream/powder, Magnetic Appeal for subtle, everyday highlighting and Mary Lou for a more dramatic highlight. I'd love to branch out and try a Chanel highlighter or Guerlain Meteorites. Unfortunately, I don't have the budget for them right now.

Yazmin

:haha: :frenz: [COLOR=0000FF]Thanks Mango. [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]By far--and this is only my opinion which holds no weight outside of my household BUT  EL's gelee formula surpasses all others---and as you can see, I have a few.  It is better than [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]All of the other highlighters in my collection.  I'm partial to Modern Mercury.  As far as I know they have never repromoted them but several months ago they released another one, Crystal Baby, [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]which is nice but it should have been stark pink instead of pale white-pink.  It didn't impress me as much as Modern Mercury & Heat Wave.  You might be able to find them at a CCO.[/COLOR]
Modern Mercury is highly sought after. I don't know why they haven't rereleased it. I missed out on that one.
If it ever is repromoted, that one is coming home with me.
MAC Blush in Trace Gold...... If you have any color to your skin you need this one in your life!!! It works with tan skins all the way up to deep dark complexions! 
Bought this one earlier this year. It was my go-to for a while.
Looked up swatches of trace gold and the color looks right up my street!! Bought mac 'honour' about 2 years ago and was very disappointed by it. It's very glittery and chunky, don't think id ever recommend that if anyone loves it and has got it to work let me know
Found this one in Genoa (before I discovered Trace Gold), and initially I thought it would be perfect, but I agree that it's very chunky and glittery. I don't like chunky glitter anywhere on my face for everyday makeup.
I think this is it.  Boy I'm tired now. My Inventory: [COLOR=0000FF]Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Pressed Rose Gold (Soft Gold w/Rose Tones)[/COLOR]              [COLOR=0000FF]Diorskin Nude Shimmer Powder, Golden Shimmer Transat Collection[/COLOR]              [COLOR=0000FF]Tom Ford Fire Lust Skin Illuminator (Shimmering Peach-pink)[/COLOR]               [COLOR=0000FF]Estee Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Heat Wave (Pale Gold Champagne)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Estee Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Shimmering Sands (Peachy Bronze)                 [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Estee Lauder Illum. Powder Gelee, Topaz Chameleon (Coppery Bronze)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, Rio (Bronze w/Bright Pink Pigments)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Lustre Drops, ‘Sun Rush’ (Peachy bronze w/gold pearl)
            [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Definitely Defined (Silvery Pink)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Double Definition (GoldPatina Bronze)
[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Shape the Future (Pastel Pink)
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Glorify (Copper w/Golden Shimmer) [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Whisper of Gilt (White Gold) [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Superb (Soft Peachy Nude)
  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Magnetic Appeal[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish, Fairly Precious[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Cream Color Base, Diamonds, Rhianna collection[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, Stereo Rose (Coral w/Golden Bronze)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, Global Glow[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, Cheeky Bronze[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, Scene to be Seen (Mauve w/Pink Sheen)[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Mac Beauty Powder How Beautiful[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]MAC Iridescent Highlighting Powder/Loose, ‘Golden Bronze
             [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Mac Trace Gold Blush[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Mac Pro Sculpting Cream, Naturally Defined[/COLOR] And adding Becca Champagne Gold and Topaz, The Balm Betty Lou Manizer. There are I few others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
I saw Becca has a new color highlighter, champagne gold, does anyone have that? Looks very yellow toned, but I love rose gold so much I might be tempted.
I just got Champagne Gold and it is very pretty, but like Medgal said, a little goes a long way. I need to try different brushes to see which one will work best with this.

ccooper33

I ended up with Cooper Diamond!! I love it! It's nothing like Mac Soft and Gentle...It's way warmer but not as deep as the BB Bronze highlighter thing. Very beautiful!

LavenderPearl

Ha! I definitely need to join this thread, if only for ideas... :D Here's my little stash: Dior Amber Diamond Dior Pop Diamond Dior Rose Diamond MAC Magnetic Appeal MAC Bronze Hero MAC Pink Rebel
* * * * *​
Most Loved: Probably the Diors. I'm a bit obsessed with them, especially since they've been discontinued >__> Currently Using: Magnetic Appeal. It's absolutely stunning and really easy to apply! Could Live Without: Probably the Lustre Drops... They're gorgeous, (especially Bronze Hero) but I just don't use them. /:
* * * * *​
I may have found the final piece to my Dior Shimmer Powder "collection" and I'm so excited! :clap: But that's not stopping me from lusting after these babies lol: - Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow, Copper Diamond, Sandstone - BECCA Opal, Rose Gold, Topaz I'm pretty unfamiliar with both brands, so I really want/need to swatch them in person. I have swatched BECCA Opal in store, but I almost feel like it's too soft and there will be shimmer all over my face o_O

purplerinne

Here is my list....I don't have much MAC- By Candlelight, Rhapsody in Two, Lightscapade x3, Vervacious, Global Glow, Shell Pearl, Perfect Topping (old) x2, Perfect Topping (new) x2, Superb, Fairly Precious, Whisper of Guilt, Honey Light, Too Chic, Pure Flash electric cool Bobbi Brown- Copper Diamond, Gold, 24k Shimmerbrick, Nude Glow x2, Apricot Nars- 413 Blkr, Orgasm, Copacabana Hourglass- Incandecent, Radiant, Luminous Chanel Poudre Signee TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer Bare Minerals Love Thing Benefit Watts Up Kiko 208

Ernie

[COLOR=0000FF]  I have it Ernie--according to some Becca enthusiasts, it is not new but a much sought after re-promote.  I don't find it as impressive as Opal & Rose Gold, perhaps[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  because I compare it to other gold[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]highlighters that I have and like better.  It does look VERY yellow in the compact IRL but it does buff down to a soft gold.  A little goes a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  long way.[/COLOR]
Well I bought Opal today, very pretty, that only makes the god knows how many highlighters to add to the collection.

Medgal07

This is a thread after my own heart! I'm not home now, but I only have a small, but growing collection. I envy all of you ladies with such extensive collection. I hope to be on that level one day!
thud.gif
Try to resist---this is a danger zone!

Medgal07

I just got Champagne Gold and it is very pretty, but like Medgal said, a little goes a long way. I need to try different brushes to see which one will work best with this.
I change brushes depending on which highlighter I'm using, but these are the ones I reach for; Laura Mercier or MAC fan brushes, MAC 159, 130 or 188.

Medgal07

* * * * *​

I may have found the final piece to my Dior Shimmer Powder "collection" and I'm so excited!
clap.gif

But that's not stopping me from lusting after these babies lol:
- Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow, Copper Diamond, Sandstone
- BECCA Opal, Rose Gold, Topaz

I'm pretty unfamiliar with both brands, so I really want/need to swatch them in person. I have swatched BECCA Opal in store, but I almost feel like it's too soft and there will be shimmer all over my face o_O
wavey.gif
Hi LP. You're off to a good start! Like you, I don't reach for the liquid or cream highlighters often because they take more care & time to apply. Becca Opal is one of the highlighters that I reach for quite often. Fall out is minimal if applied with care and it doesn't migrate once it's on your face. No "shimmer face" whatsoever.

xfarrax

It's my birthday tomorow trying to plan what highlighter to wear + other additional makeup. This is my biggest dilemma right now lol. I clearly have my priorities straight

Bronwyn

So guess who got her first chanel highlighter? Me! My chanel counter had the jardin de camelias illuminating powder on display. I got the second to last one, and the sales associate even threw in a little brush. So sweet. I think this will be the perfect subtle highlight for me :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've been avoiding this thread out of fear for my wallet but finally decided I could resist no more. I'm dying of envy looking through everyone's lists. I'll put my own together at some point in the near future... At the same time I'm already itching to get some of the beauties I see mentioned here...

mango13

So guess who got her first chanel highlighter? Me! My chanel counter had the jardin de camelias illuminating powder on display. I got the second to last one, and the sales associate even threw in a little brush. So sweet. I think this will be the perfect subtle highlight for me
smiles.gif
Congrats on the highlighter!!! Have you tried it out yet? My Camelia de Plumes is still in transit! I can't wait to get it!!!

Bronwyn

Congrats on the highlighter!!! Have you tried it out yet? My Camelia de Plumes is still in transit! I can't wait to get it!!!
Thanks! Just the sample in store. It's very subtle, and I like the pattern of it. Was so surprised they still had some in stock.