(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

dinemo6

The new Mac collection coming out on Dec 26th looks like it is going to be a Highlighter Addicts Dream!!

How pretty are the MSF in it!

katred

Specktra Bestie
The new Mac collection coming out on Dec 26th looks like it is going to be a Highlighter Addicts Dream!!

How pretty are the MSF in it!
I have both Lightscapade and Perfect Topping (both from old releases) and would recommend them to anyone who is interested.

Anyway, here's a list of what I have- smaller than I thought, which I guess means that I'm allowed to buy more whenever I want... right?
wondering.gif

Mac
Lightscapade
Perfect Topping
Soft & Gentle
New Vegas (Alexander MacQueen)
By Candlelight
Play It Proper
Honey Light
Pink Power (from Wonder Woman- actually a highlight/ blush/ bronzer trio)
Golden Lariat (same as above, from Wonder Woman)
I also have a few MSFs that are blushes on me rather than highlighters: Petticoat, Stereo Rose, So Ceylon, Metal Rock, Blonde, Redhead

Most of these are older, as I find that other brands' highlighters are less likely to emphasize my pores.

Others
Cruel Gardenia (Guerlain)
Parure de Nuit (Guerlain- works as a light blush as well)
Diffused Light (Hourglass)
Incandescent Light (Hourglass)
Luminous Light (Hourglass)
Poudre Signée (Chanel)
Délice (Chanel)
Porcelain Pearl (Bobbi Brown)
Watts Up (Benefit)
High Beam (Benefit- I'm allergic to it, unfortunately, although I sometimes use just a little along my brows or under my eyes)
Sea of Clouds (Rouge Bunny Rouge- got a generous sample that's almost gone, unfortunately... I need a full size)
Sea of Tranquility (Rouge Bunny Rouge)
Again, I have Dim Light from Hourglass (twice over since I have it in the palette as well as on its own), but it's a little too deep to be a highlighter on me- same with Radiant Light

I'm planning on getting the Chanel holiday highlighter as soon as I see it in store here. And thanks, @Bronwyn for reminding me of the Camelias highlighter. I forced myself not to buy that, because I thought I had so many highlighters already... Now I'm questioning that decision (and I saw the powder in a store near me not so very long ago...)

Mismatchedsocks

I'm new to the highlighters game, I'm so glad I found this thread ! So far I have EL Heat wave, MAC pink porcelain, Benefits watts up, and a deluxe sample of Becca cream in Opal, which Im not sure about. i'm definetely getting a new highlighter from a holiday collection, any recommendations ?

JulieDiva

My name is Julie and I love pretty highlighters.
My list is small, as I am fairly good at restricting my highlight purchases...as I am a full blown lip product addict.

I am loving this thread.

JulieDiva

It's my birthday tomorow trying to plan what highlighter to wear + other additional makeup. This is my biggest dilemma right now lol. I clearly have my priorities straight
Have a wonderful birthday. Your avi pic is gorgeous. You look like a model.

JenMakeupHair

Love the name of this thread & SO glad I found it. I've been using lightscapade mostly as my highlight lately. I also love MuFE shine on compact (#5). I also have been highlighting with my MAC Vanilla pigment. I have the benefit watts up, but not too crazy about cream highlighters for myself. I like snow bunny from too faced and their ice cubes.

xfarrax

Have a wonderful birthday. Your avi pic is gorgeous. You look like a model.
Have an awesome birthday!!!
Thanks ladies!!! Had an amazing one, ended up reaching for my dior amber diamonds wanted something vaguely subtle because I had to go into work :p, will amp it on Saturday when I have a little get together. Possibilities for Saturday will include WOG or something like the tilbury bronze and glow

xfarrax

Love the name of this thread & SO glad I found it. I've been using lightscapade mostly as my highlight lately. I also love MuFE shine on compact (#5). I also have been highlighting with my MAC Vanilla pigment. I have the benefit watts up, but not too crazy about cream highlighters for myself. I like snow bunny from too faced and their ice cubes.
Completely forget about vanilla pigment will need to dig that out, is tan pigment also suitable for highlighting ? Can't remember how deep it actually is...

Yazmin

If it ever is repromoted, that one is coming home with me. Bought this one earlier this year. It was my go-to for a while. Found this one in Genoa (before I discovered Trace Gold), and initially I thought it would be perfect, but I agree that it's very chunky and glittery. I don't like chunky glitter anywhere on my face for everyday makeup. I just got Champagne Gold and it is very pretty, but like Medgal said, a little goes a long way. I need to try different brushes to see which one will work best with this.
[COLOR=0000FF]  I change brushes depending on which highlighter I'm using, but these are the ones I reach for; Laura Mercier or MAC fan brushes, MAC 159, 130 or 188.[/COLOR]
Which brush do you use for your EL and Becca highlighters?

Medgal07

Which brush do you use for your EL and Becca highlighters?
I love the 159 for those---it's small and rounded on the top and fits the top of my cheekbones nicely. I also like the
131 because of its short tles--makes buffing a snap. El gelee is super smooth. Becca is smooth, but it kicks up a
bit of powder.

Medgal07

So guess who got her first chanel highlighter? Me! My chanel counter had the jardin de camelias illuminating powder on display. I got the second to last one, and the sales associate even threw in a little brush. So sweet. I think this will be the perfect subtle highlight for me
smiles.gif
congrat.gif
Bronwyn. ENJOY!!!

JenMakeupHair

Completely forget about vanilla pigment will need to dig that out, is tan pigment also suitable for highlighting ? Can't remember how deep it actually is...
Ooh I bet tan would be pretty! I sometimes use Melon pigment and it's not far from tan pigment