(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

xfarrax

I was v underwhelmed with perfect topping haven't used it much since I got it. The veining in mine isn't amazing. I have seen some old perfect toppings online and they look fab, the recent release not so much. Went to swatch trace gold today and finally found the tested after 15 minutes of searching and hassling sales assistants but them when I went to buy they said they haven't had it in stock for a while....:( bought coil electric cool eyeshadow to make up for my disappointment. I hope it's not being phased out because it was beautiful!!

lippieluv2013

I was v underwhelmed with perfect topping haven't used it much since I got it. The veining in mine isn't amazing. I have seen some old perfect toppings online and they look fab, the recent release not so much. Went to swatch trace gold today and finally found the tested after 15 minutes of searching and hassling sales assistants but them when I went to buy they said they haven't had it in stock for a while....:( bought coil electric cool eyeshadow to make up for my disappointment. I hope it's not being phased out because it was beautiful!!
Too bad about your Perfect Topping. I don't understand why MAC cannot get that one to be consistent. I have seen some with beautiful veining that just makes me want to drool. And then there are others that are beautiful but not stunning. It seems like the way that they apply is a direct translation - stunning or just okay. I am hoping to grab one from the Lightness collection at the end of the year. I usually order online but this may call for an in-store purchase. Trace Gold sounds promising. I will need to take a look at that one on my next store visit. It is still showing available online.

Icecaramellatte

I feel so so bad but I ended up buying another Chanel Platine. I cannot find the one that I bought. I remember reorganizing everything as my highlighter drawer is overflowing. I have looked for the past few days and no dice. I'm so worried I accidently threw it out because I know I threw out the box. I thought maybe I hadn't put it away yet but everything else I bought that day is put away. I have been reorganizing so it is possible it is in a new place and odd place. It doesn't help that I keep the highlighters in their velvet packaging but still, I'm puzzled. Anyway, I kept thinking how upset I'd be if it sold out and I didn't have one. I thought I'd better get it for peace of mind. Crazy I know. I think I will just hold on to it for a week or 2 before I use it just in case the other one shows up. In other news, my makeup organizers came today. I ordered a whole bunch for the top of the vanity. I actually don't have anything out except for brushes and eye pencils. Everything else is in drawers. Big organizing project coming up.

lippieluv2013

I feel so so bad but I ended up buying another Chanel Platine.  I cannot find the one that I bought.  I remember reorganizing everything as my highlighter drawer is overflowing.  I have looked for the past few days and no dice.  I'm so worried I accidently threw it out because I know I threw out the box.  I thought maybe I hadn't put it away yet but everything else I bought that day is put away.  I have been reorganizing so it is possible it is in a new place and odd place. It doesn't help that I keep the highlighters in their velvet packaging but still, I'm puzzled.  Anyway, I kept thinking how upset I'd be if it sold out and I didn't have one.  I thought I'd better get it for peace of mind. Crazy I know.  I think I will just hold on to it for a week or 2 before I use it just in case the other one shows up.  In other news, my makeup organizers came today.  I ordered a whole bunch for the top of the vanity.  I actually don't have anything out except for brushes and eye pencils.  Everything else is in drawers.  Big organizing project coming up.
No, not crazy. You are preserving your peace of mind by making sure that you have one. Hopefully the original one will show up. Organization? I have to get my space revamped. Everything is everywhere and it is driving me crazy. What organizers did you get?

Icecaramellatte

Organization? I have to get my space revamped. Everything is everywhere and it is driving me crazy. What organizers did you get?
I bought the ByAlegory containers. I bought 1 of each except I got 2 of the lipgloss holders. I saw on Youtube and Instagram that some people use the lipgloss holder for brushes. I also bought the compact organizer (will probably use for highlighters), eyeshadow organizer, lipstick organizer, and paint pot organizer. They have a website but I just ordered from Amazon. I still haven't moved to open them yet. Besides working on my feet all day, I was all over Midtown Manhattan today searching for Holiday makeup. I'm so bad. I have 6 boxes delivered here today to open. Besides the organizers I bought a whole bunch of stuff for my niece's birthday and my extra Lorac palette came today. But my feet are killing me. Can't move just yet. I'm hoping the organizers help but I fear I may need a new storage unit.

mango13

I got Bobbi Brown's Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick today and it's pretty awesome!!! It's also very pigmented and the powder feels much softer than my other shimmer bricks and instead of swiping (like I do with my other ones) I just tapped it lightly with my brush and it picked up a ton of product ( enough for both sides of my face).

xfarrax

I got Bobbi Brown's Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick today and it's pretty awesome!!! It's also very pigmented and the powder feels much softer than my other shimmer bricks and instead of swiping (like I do with my other ones) I just tapped it lightly with my brush and it picked up a ton of product ( enough for both sides of my face).
Ok so I tried this today think I'm in love and may go back to purchase it, I really didn't want to love it because I have had a bad experience with shimmer bricks the first one I bought which was the rose one the pan completely fell out of the packaging a few days after buying and it deterred me from ever using it. Plus the pink tone didn't suit me what so ever ! Copper diamond seems like a good medium between bronze, sandstone and beige - seriously contemplating the purchase !!!

this is my highlighter collection <3

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Lightscapade (Permanent)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle (Permanent)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Jolly Good (Kelly Osbourne - Osbourne Collection)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Refresh (Sharon Osbourne - Osbroune Collection)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Center of Attention (Divine Night - 2013 Holiday Collection)
TheBalm - Mary-Loumanizer (Permanent)
TheBalm - Cindy-Loumanizer (Permanent)
TheBalm - Betty-Loumanizer (Permanent)
E.L.F Highlighting Blush - Giddy Gold (Permanent)
E.L.F Highlighting Blush - Gotta Glow (Permanent)
NARS Highlighting Blush - Albatross (Permanent)
NARS Highlighting Blush - Devotee (Nars Guy Bourdin Palette - 2013 Holiday Collection)
Australis Contour and Highlight Kit - Leopardess (Limited Edition - as far as i know)
Australis AC on Tour Palette - (Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Dupe)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Nectar (Permanent)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light (Permanent)
Stila Highlighter Duo - Kitten (Permanent)
Essence Highlighting Powder - Tropical Heat (Ticket To Paradise Collection)

DILLIGAF

Here's my list:

TopShop Highlighter in Sunbeam
MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Magnetic Appeal
MAC Rose Ole
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Topaz
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold
MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Glorify
MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Superb
MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Whisper of Gilt
Sleek Face Contour Kit in Dark
NARS Albatros
The Balm Betty-Lou Manizer

Short list but growing
I'm sure I'm missing a few
I forgot to add:
Magnolia Make Up Illuminizer in Glo
Face Front Cosmetics Flashlight Highlight Powder in Gamma Ray
Face Front Cosmetics Flashlight Highlight Powder in Autofocus
Face Front Cosmetics Flashlight Highlight Powder in Double Exposure
MAC Loose Pigment in Vanilla
MAC Loose Pigment in Melon

There's more I'm in the middle of a purge and I'm only half way through.

mango13

Ok so I tried this today think I'm in love and may go back to purchase it, I really didn't want to love it because I have had a bad experience with shimmer bricks the first one I bought which was the rose one the pan completely fell out of the packaging a few days after buying and it deterred me from ever using it. Plus the pink tone didn't suit me what so ever ! Copper diamond seems like a good medium between bronze, sandstone and beige - seriously contemplating the purchase !!!
You should give it a try. I think you will really like it! I've been using mine everyday since I got it.

treasuremymac

My BLACK POUCH DAY - My Chanel Camélia De Plumes Highlighting Powder, Platine 20 has arrived.

Gorgeous! Have you had a chance to try this out yet? Also, is it really worth the $72 price tag? Its almost too beautiful to use but at the same time I cant justify spending that might on something I may not use? :p

Too bad this isnt available on Sephora...then I could definitely use my F&F 20% off discount :D

DILLIGAF

I swatched Copper Diamond today. You guys may have to say a prayer for me. Thank God for Nordstrom Notes.

purplerinne

I swatched Copper Diamond today. You guys may have to say a prayer for me. Thank God for Nordstrom Notes.
I'm hoping that this Copper Diamond version is the same as the first release. I was at Nordstrom yesterday and the tester did NOT look like my CD. I'm hoping it was just a dud. I got a backup of CD at Sephora's F&F so I will compare when I receive it.

Medgal07

Gorgeous! Have you had a chance to try this out yet? Also, is it really worth the $72 price tag? Its almost too beautiful to use but at the same time I cant justify spending that might on something I may not use? :p

Too bad this isnt available on Sephora...then I could definitely use my F&F 20% off discount :D
I'm so sorry for this late reply---I was ill & I'm still catching up. For me, it was totally worth the cost and I LOVE it. I understand not wanting to disturb the design but with
so many lovely highlighters w/intricate designs I've learned to navigate the perimeter & avoid disturbing the design---hence this type is mostly for special occasions.

I use Ebates and sometimes I'm able to off-set the state tax. That's a little something.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I feel so so bad but I ended up buying another Chanel Platine. I cannot find the one that I bought. I remember reorganizing everything as my highlighter drawer is overflowing. I have looked for the past few days and no dice. I'm so worried I accidently threw it out because I know I threw out the box. I thought maybe I hadn't put it away yet but everything else I bought that day is put away. I have been reorganizing so it is possible it is in a new place and odd place. It doesn't help that I keep the highlighters in their velvet packaging but still, I'm puzzled. Anyway, I kept thinking how upset I'd be if it sold out and I didn't have one. I thought I'd better get it for peace of mind. Crazy I know. I think I will just hold on to it for a week or 2 before I use it just in case the other one shows up. In other news, my makeup organizers came today. I ordered a whole bunch for the top of the vanity. I actually don't have anything out except for brushes and eye pencils. Everything else is in drawers. Big organizing project coming up.
Oh that's awful ICE....sorry you had to go through that. Good idea not to use in case the other one resurfaces. Might be a big organizing project but you'll be happy
when it's done and wearing makeup will be more fun because you'll access things faster & w/ease. Good for you!!