Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

Richelle83

So far I have these:

G529-I bought this one trying to find a dupe of MAC's 163. It is not even close to a dupe other than the shape of the brush but its my favorite brush for contouring/highlighting.

J142
J146
J5522
J5529

Yachiyo Medium

cindypltnm81

So far I have these: G529-I bought this one trying to find a dupe of MAC's 163. It is not even close to a dupe other than the shape of the brush but its my favorite brush for contouring/highlighting. J142 J146 J5522 J5529 Yachiyo Medium
Okay, nice collex! Do plan on getting more. Since I've been using hakuhodo, I don't nearly reach for my face brushes... As they are scratchy to me. Except my 187, that is still my HG foundation brush. (And my hourglass #2 brush)

Yazmin

I'm trying to save so I can hit up the Hakuhodo booth at IMATS in January. Too bad the don't offer discounts on their brushes, but I'll gladly hand over my money anyway!

janette9687

I'm trying to save so I can hit up the Hakuhodo booth at IMATS in January. Too bad the don't offer discounts on their brushes, but I'll gladly hand over my money anyway!
you can at least save the money on shipping!!! i wish i could go to IMATS or the phamexpo id drop hundreds easily these brushes are worth it!

Pinkdollface

I just placed my second order with the G5537, J501, J5521, J142, J242G and G5515! Hopefully they'll arrive faster than the last package. I'm so in love with these brushes. The J501 was expensive, but I'm really looking forward to a big powder brush that's not scratchy at all. I almost added another J544 to my order, because I like that one so much, but I think it's more fun to try different brushes first. That G5537 looks so interesting and I plan on using it with bronzer, Forever Marilyn and other powders that I just need a light dusting of. I can't wait!

MissTT

I lost my list so I'm starting a new one today. LOL So far I have J5523, J142, and G5522. I'd also like a face brush and maybe another blush brush. I'll have to read all my posts here to see what I said I wanted from before.
th_crazy.gif

LC Balthazar

I lost my list so I'm starting a new one today. LOL So far I have J5523, J142, and G5522. I'd also like a face brush and maybe another blush brush. I'll have to read all my posts here to see what I said I wanted from before. 
th_crazy.gif
I noticed the website empties my cart quickly. I lost a bunch of stuff from my first order that way. Now I just keep a paper list until I'm ready to order. I'm getting ready to order some face brushes (a birthday gift to myself!) so I'm also reviewing everyone's recs. I have the 2 j's on your list and love them. The G5522 is on my wish list too. Let us know what you get!

LC Balthazar

I just placed my second order with the G5537, J501, J5521, J142, J242G and G5515! Hopefully they'll arrive faster than the last package. I'm so in love with these brushes. The J501 was expensive, but I'm really looking forward to a big powder brush that's not scratchy at all. I almost added another J544 to my order, because I like that one so much, but I think it's more fun to try different brushes first. That G5537 looks so interesting and I plan on using it with bronzer, Forever Marilyn and other powders that I just need a light dusting of. I can't wait!
That looks like an awesome order. The J501 looks amazing. I'm looking for a powder brush too so please review once you've used it. Also let me know what you think of the G5537. I love the shape of it but don't use it much. So far I've used it to set my under eye concealer.

Pinkdollface

That looks like an awesome order. The J501 looks amazing. I'm looking for a powder brush too so please review once you've used it. Also let me know what you think of the G5537. I love the shape of it but don't use it much. So far I've used it to set my under eye concealer.
Thanks! I'll let you know about the J501 and G5537:) Have you tried the G5537 with bronzer or highlighters?

janette9687

Thanks! I'll let you know about the J501 and G5537:) Have you tried the G5537 with bronzer or highlighters?
i have the dome shape version G5538 and i love it for highlights and powder, especially if i dont want an intense highlight, i think it'll be a perfect fit for what you are intending to use it...

the most expensive hakuhodo ive ordered has been the B103 and that was $72 it hurt but its so nice for bronzer... im still trying to convince myself to order a brush in the actual hundreds! i am also in the look for a powder brush i think ima get the B509 i have dry skin so i hope that one works ! i cant wait for my J544!

janette9687

th_crazy.gif
if you need a post of all my hakuhodo blush brushes let me know, ill be glad to post! ordering blindly is tough! but now i kind of have a jist of what to expect from the site. i think i have 3-4 of them im still waiting on one in the mail its taking forever!

janette9687

So far I have these:

G529-I bought this one trying to find a dupe of MAC's 163. It is not even close to a dupe other than the shape of the brush but its my favorite brush for contouring/highlighting.

J142
J146
J5522
J5529

Yachiyo Medium
when i got the Yachiyo Medium i was like "WTF" becasue it was so tiny! so now i have to order the large version, i still use it for on the go tho

Richelle83

when i got the Yachiyo Medium i was like "WTF" becasue it was so tiny! so now i have to order the large version, i still use it for on the go tho
Ha! I did the same thing but it works very nicely with MSF's. Definitely will get the larger version as well.

MissTT

if you need a post of all my hakuhodo blush brushes let me know, ill be glad to post! ordering blindly is tough! but now i kind of have a jist of what to expect from the site. i think i have 3-4 of them im still waiting on one in the mail its taking forever!
That would be great, janette! I also plan to run back through this thread in its entirety.

LC Balthazar

i have the dome shape version G5538 and i love it for highlights and powder, especially if i dont want an intense highlight, i think it'll be a perfect fit for what you are intending to use it... the most expensive hakuhodo ive ordered has been the B103 and that was $72 it hurt but its so nice for bronzer... im still trying to convince myself to order a brush in the actual hundreds! i am also in the look for a powder brush i think ima get  the B509 i have dry skin so i hope that one works ! i cant wait for my J544!
I tried the G5537 today for bronzer and think it didn't pickup enough product. I think it's better for highlighter as you ladies mentioned. Janette, I have my eye in the J103 for bronzer. May I ask why you chose the B series over the J for that brush? Thanks!

Yazmin

i have the dome shape version G5538 and i love it for highlights and powder, especially if i dont want an intense highlight, i think it'll be a perfect fit for what you are intending to use it...
the most expensive hakuhodo ive ordered has been the B103 and that was $72 it hurt but its so nice for bronzer... im still trying to convince myself to order a brush in the actual hundreds! i am also in the look for a powder brush i think ima get the B509 i have dry skin so i hope that one works ! i cant wait for my J544!
It's hard up front to shell out that kind of cash, but in most cases, it's totally worth it. The most I've spent for one brush was $110 for Tom Ford's bronzer brush. That hurt but that brush was meant to come home with me. It wouldn't have it any other way!
whistle.gif

cindypltnm81

Yes janette, love viewing your brush collection!