Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

MissTT

Give us the lowdown, glam!!!! Quick review of those bad boys. How you use them? Why you selected them?

allthingsglam

Give us the lowdown, glam!!!! Quick review of those bad boys. How you use them? Why you selected them?
The blush brush I got because I realized I didn't really have a great round blush brush I use that one just for powder blush the pointed one I use for blush to contour and highlight sometimes I think I got these because they looked so luxurious and the maker of these I read somewhere made the pointed one for his wife I love them the only thing I don't like is that they recommend that u don't wash alot because according to them they will mess up.i wash all my brushes once a week. My boyfriend just shakes his head lol. And it drives me crazy i can't wash these as much I still wash them every two weeks lol.

MissTT

Really???? I used to rarely wash when I had cheapy brushes (and way less makeup so the colors never mixed lol), but now I wash every few days. Medgal washes daily.

allthingsglam

Really???? I used to rarely wash when I had cheapy brushes (and way less makeup so the colors never mixed lol), but now I wash every few days. Medgal washes daily.
Yes that's what they recommend but I don't want to mess them up so I only wash every two weeks they suggestion every couple of months.

LC Balthazar

Yes that's what they recommend but I don't want to mess them up so I only wash every two weeks they suggestion every couple of months.
They also don't recommend using the quick clean solutions that contain alcohol for home users but say its ok for people in the industry. Has anyone had problems using those types of solutions (like the Mac brush cleaner)?

janette9687

They also don't recommend using the quick clean solutions that contain alcohol for home users but say its ok for people in the industry. Has anyone had problems using those types of solutions (like the Mac brush cleaner)?
i havent used a spot cleaner on any pf my hakuhodos and i actually let mine go a few weeks without washing them unlike my other brands. On the site it says not to wash often just becasue moost of them are of natural hair and keeps its natural condition or "oils" on the hair, after each use i try and wipe off any excess powder from my squirrel or other black hair bristles. From my goat (white) hair brisitles i use more with creams or liquids so those I do wash a little more othern and i ordered their brush cleaner its actually really nice reminds me of the beauty blender cleanser but not as :gel" like. thats the only cleaner i've used on my hakuhodos but i dont use a spot cleaner. hth

janette9687

Janette, I have my eye in the J103 for bronzer. May I ask why you chose the B series over the J for that brush? Thanks!
I bought the basic series version of the 103 becasue i saw it in the s line series and thought it was way expensive, but i also read that the brushes were the same except for the superior quality in the fertles and handles so I searched for the dupe of it in the other series, at the time the J series wasnt available i believe so thats why i didnt get it. I have read reviews that it is soft and fuller. I am sure you would benefit more because its goat hair and can be used for cream bronzer as well.

MissTT

I bought the basic series version of the 103 becasue i saw it in the s line series and thought it was way expensive, but i also read that the brushes were the same except for the superior quality in the fertles and handles so I searched for the dupe of it in the other series, at the time the J series wasnt available i believe so thats why i didnt get it. I have read reviews that it is soft and fuller. I am sure you would benefit more because its goat hair and can be used for cream bronzer as well.
Very good to know. I've been trying to ask about the differences and no one has explained it well enough for me to get it. THIS is exactly what I wanted to know.

Sounds like when I place my brush order I will need to buy some Hakuhodo cleaner as well.
LC - it doesn't make good sense that the lay person can't use a quick cleaner, but Pros can. It's not like the brush knows the difference b/w who's handling it.
girlhaha.gif

LC Balthazar

Very good to know. I've been trying to ask about the differences and no one has explained it well enough for me to get it. THIS is exactly what I wanted to know. Sounds like when I place my brush order I will need to buy some Hakuhodo cleaner as well. LC - it doesn't make good sense that the lay person can't use a quick cleaner, but Pros can. It's not like the brush knows the difference b/w who's handling it. 
girlhaha.gif
Right? I thought that was weird!

Pinkdollface

I use Mac's brush cleaner on my Hakuhodo's. I don't believe it will make that much of a difference. I have it in a spray bottle though and therefore it's easier to not overdo it. If you use it from Mac's bottle you have to drop it on and I don't know about you but that way my brushes get soaked and I can imagine that's not good for them.

allthingsglam

I use Mac's brush cleaner on my Hakuhodo's. I don't believe it will make that much of a difference. I have it in a spray bottle though and therefore it's easier to not overdo it. If you use it from Mac's bottle you have to drop it on and I don't know about you but that way my brushes get soaked and I can imagine that's not good for them.
I also use mac brush cleaner on mines no harm yet I will oneday invest in some hbc but as of now mac it is lol.i don't wash as recommended but I have many brushes and I don't use them everyday either so I really don't have to wash them every two weeks I just do.how often do u wash yours pinkdollface

Pinkdollface

I also use mac brush cleaner on mines no harm yet I will oneday invest in some hbc but as of now mac it is lol.i don't wash as recommended but I have many brushes and I don't use them everyday either so I really don't have to wash them every two weeks I just do.how often do u wash yours pinkdollface
It depends, but I think once every 3 weeks or so. Good to hear that your brushes are still fine after using the Mac brush cleaner.

allthingsglam

It depends, but I think once every 3 weeks or so. Good to hear that your brushes are still fine after using the Mac brush cleaner.
thanks pinkdollface yes they are just like when I purchased them a year and half ago I think that two to three weeks is good time to wash them considering they say a couple of months

Pinkdollface

thanks pinkdollface yes they are just like when I purchased them a year and half ago I think that two to three weeks is good time to wash them considering they say a couple of months
A couple months in between washes sounds gross to me. I'm always afraid that even 3 weeks is too much time in between, but it seems to work fine so far and it's nice to hear you think it's fine too:)

allthingsglam

A couple months in between washes sounds gross to me. I'm always afraid that even 3 weeks is too much time in between, but it seems to work fine so far and it's nice to hear you think it's fine too:)
O no I wash mines every two weeks lol the brush makers recommended every couple of months