Hardcore Mac collectors

amber_j

The only LE collection I ever came close to buying most of the products from was Cult of Cherry, but that's because the colours were so beautiful and actually suited my skintone for a change. But I skipped the items that didn't suit me. I've bought most of the shadesticks because I love these and use them as bases or lid colours almost every time I wear makeup. And I've got quite a few MSFs, but I'm planning to sell most of those now I've narrowed them down to the few that best suit me at different times of the year.  

katiekatxoxo

When I find something I love- I need them all.. I have almost all of the msfs, I'm big on the bright fluidlines and a couple other things I'm craxy about but I don't think I could keep up with all of the collections mac is coming out with :)

Folie

I'm going to answer this question even though I don't like MAC all that much (I prefer YSL, Chanel, and Dior). I've been collecting MAC for only about two years. However, when Liberty of London came out I went all out. :shock: However, in my defense, it was released either a week or two before my birthday and I had a few gift cards I didn't use from Christmas. I didn't like the line that came out after the Holiday 2009 line. I think it was Warm & Cozy. I didn't buy anything. So, what I had been saving for that, I originally wanted shade sticks, got added to the pot. So, with Liberty I bought two of every shadow, two of every lipstick, both make up bags, and the scarf. :shock: Now, I have regrets. I don't like most of the eyeshadows. I wish I had hoarded more of Bough Gray. This collection had some horrible eyeshadows IMO. I don't live close to a MAC. So, I bought them online. Honestly, Liberty of London has to be the second worst eyeshadow I've tried from MAC (the first being Gesso). I also don't like MAC make up bags. I ended up giving the smaller makeup bag to a friend. I only kept the larger one to store all the eyeshadows I don't use in. So, I feel like I wasted major money. I guess the only good thing is I love white. So, I like the packaging. So, besides for Bough Gray, I'm only going to be looking at the packaging. Most of them are still in the orginal boxes. As are most of the lipsticks. I only liked Peacocks and Petals. I tend to hoard things. So, I can see myself stupid doing this again if the right MAC collection strikes me. Hopefully next time I'll have better luck.

j0j0ruca

I use to have a MAC Pigment obsession. I had made it my goal to have every color. After not playing with them for 2+ years I finally sat down and went through what I had. I had 286 jars, obviously doubles and triples of every color. After going through them and making a a "keep" and "get rid" of pile - I'm down to 148 jars.

LMD84

I use to have a MAC Pigment obsession. I had made it my goal to have every color. After not playing with them for 2+ years I finally sat down and went through what I had. I had 286 jars, obviously doubles and triples of every color. After going through them and making a a "keep" and "get rid" of pile - I'm down to 148 jars.
sweet jesus! that was allot of pigments! good thinking on getting rid of the ones you didn't use so much though. i have about 90 pigments and glitters but i can honestly say i love all of them and they get used more than my shadows :)

ElleMariachi

I definitely started out pretty badly with MAC - I can't tell you how many Tendertones I still have - but I've scaled back a lot. I do wear makeup every day and I do other peoples' makeup as well if I'm asked, but I definitely have not had the temptaion to buy stuff I won't actually use. The last MAC collection I actually bought from was Peacocky, since I fell in love, but I limited myself to what I'd actually wear (as in, NOT red or pink eyeshadows, or the lip products since I already have a ton). I'm a lot better now with picking stuff I'll actually use instead of just buying it to buy it. And it's funny b/c a lot of people have mentioned the Cult of Cherry collection - that is the one collection that I've spent the most on and the only collection from which I've bought a backup quad (Spiced Chocolate).