Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince WARNING: MOVIE SPOILERS.

Ruby_Woo

Who has seen it? What did you guys think of it?

I got to see it before it released yesterday. OMG! I cried, I seriously did. I think this movie was absolutly fantastic! My friends that have not read the books say they expected more, but I think it was awesome. I do wish they would have added a specific event at the end, but I truly did enjoy it. I think it was amazing!

Anyone else?

Mabelle

Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I LOVED it. I also cried. Not bawling, but enough. My friend was in hysterics.
I was a bit disappointed they left out the memory of the Guants and Hufflepuff's Cup. And that Bill and Fleur weren't in it.

But i did like all the things they added.
I thought it was really funny, and the action scenes were great. The Inferi were scary as shit!!!!

I'm going back on Friday
smiles.gif
yyaaaayyyy!!!

Best of the series!!! I'm happy they are keeping this director for the both of book 7 (film 7a and b)

Makeup Emporium

I can't wait to see this!! I have the books and have seen all the movies (and have them on DVD).
choochoo.gif

lilMAClady

I saw it at midnight and it was awesome! There were things I did and didn't like but it's Harry Potter so I'm biased. I'm goin back Saturday to see it in IMAX.

kdemers1221

i loved it. i'm glad i didn't reread the book ahead of time because i think i might have been disappointed with things they left out. my brother and my boyfriend who pretty much hate harry potter actually enjoyed the movie.. so that is saying something. by far my fave movie out of the ones that are out. i also heard that the event missing at the ended might be added to the beginning of HP 7 part 1... we shall see.

n_c

My daughter and I will see it tonight...can't wait!!

DILLIGAF

I was going to see it today but the romper room atmosphere at the theater drove me off. So I will be catching the 1st IMAX showing tomorrow morning!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Boasorte

So which parts did they leave out/screw up?(as they always do with book that turn into movies)
I wanna brace myself before seeing it

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I LOVED it. I also cried. Not bawling, but enough. My friend was in hysterics.
I was a bit disappointed they left out the memory of the Guants and Hufflepuff's Cup. And that Bill and Fleur weren't in it.

But i did like all the things they added.
I thought it was really funny, and the action scenes were great. The Inferi were scary as shit!!!!

I'm going back on Friday
smiles.gif
yyaaaayyyy!!!

Best of the series!!! I'm happy they are keeping this director for the both of book 7 (film 7a and b)

SEE! I KNEW IT!!!!! Why leave the memories out? that's the whole point of the book ( besides the half blood prince bit) for Harry to know those things to hnt down the Horcruxes....geez
J.K. Rowling should let me direct the next movie, I swear

Mabelle

you and me both. If i made these movies they would be 7 hours long each.

I will say this much, Daniel Radcliff has grown leaps and bounds! he's fantastic in this. And ive always been very harsh with him.
And Michael Gambon has improved tremendously as Dumbledore. He was funny, has that odd humour and lightness about him that Dumbledore has. He wasn;t the weird aggressive Dumbledore he played in GOF.

They didn't "screw up" a whole lot to tell you the truth. SPOLIERS IN WHITE They left out "the battle" when the Death eaters storm the castles, but i see why. As much as it sets the tone nicely, its not hugely important. I didn't like that they left out the memory of Hufflepuffs cup, cause how will they know it's a horcrux? And they didn't show Voldemort come back to hogwarts to try to get the datda job... again about hiding things in hogwarts. I do hope they include the funeral in the next film, although that little impromptu memorial after Dumbledore's death was nice. I think funeral is important to establish how well respected he was in the community. I also think it's a really nice moment when the Merpeople come out and the Centaurs shoot the arrows.

They focused a lot on the people and relationships in this movie, which is a particularly large part of the book too. Moreso than others. I thought it was very nicely done. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Also, Luna Lovegood is a fuckin genius.

cupcake_x

Ahh I can't wait to see it. I read the books (except all of the 7th) and the 6th was my favorite. I will go see it in about a week or two when the crowds die down a little.

User35

I just got back and it was hella long...pretty good tho. Im a big fan of the whole series (books and movies) I liked it.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
you and me both. If i made these movies they would be 7 hours long each.

I will say this much, Daniel Radcliff has grown leaps and bounds! he's fantastic in this. And ive always been very harsh with him.
And Michael Gambon has improved tremendously as Dumbledore. He was funny, has that odd humour and lightness about him that Dumbledore has. He wasn;t the weird aggressive Dumbledore he played in GOF.

They didn't "screw up" a whole lot to tell you the truth. SPOLIERS IN WHITE They left out "the battle" when the Death eaters storm the castles, but i see why. As much as it sets the tone nicely, its not hugely important. I didn't like that they left out the memory of Hufflepuffs cup, cause how will they know it's a horcrux? And they didn't show Voldemort come back to hogwarts to try to get the datda job... again about hiding things in hogwarts. I do hope they include the funeral in the next film, although that little impromptu memorial after Dumbledore's death was nice. I think funeral is important to establish how well respected he was in the community. I also think it's a really nice moment when the Merpeople come out and the Centaurs shoot the arrows.

They focused a lot on the people and relationships in this movie, which is a particularly large part of the book too. Moreso than others. I thought it was very nicely done. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Also, Luna Lovegood is a fuckin genius.

I think the guy who plays Dumbledore SUCKS, in the other movies, I just didn't get that Dumbledore feel from him, ya know?
I miss the other guy, didn't he die? The one who didthe first 2 movies?
yes the relationships are a big part of the book, I would like to see Emma and Rupert have bigger parts in the movies

gildedangel

I am taking my little brother to see it this weekend. Of course I am just going for him....
winks.gif
I love the HP series and can't wait to see it!

Ruby_Woo

Yay! I knew I wasn't the only one on here lol. I was sooo lucky cus I got to see it before it premiered. I cried, like bawling crying. I couldn't stop the tears from running, then again the next day I was visited by Aunt flo! lol

I really wish they put the funeral, and the memory of Gandalf, it was a key point to the story, also the fact that people who've not read the book, don't understand the reason behind Snapes action at the end, and the fact that Dumbledores hand is decaying means nothing to them, that is in my opinion a KEY point.

Gosh Luna is fantastic! The actress is perfect for the role, and I agree I loved Daniel Radcliffe even more, specially in the "liquid luck" scene!
I've always like Gambon as Dumbledore, I don't see anyother actor in particular that would fit the bill. The Lavander girl though, I dunno, she was annoying lol Shes suppose to be, but something else about her bothered me.

In the part where Hermione is crying, I bawled lol

I am super excited about the 7th. And I am SO glad that its being made into 2 different films. That book is epic! No way 2 hours would begin to cover it.

As for the previous ones, there is only so much they can truly fit into a 2 1/2 hour film. I feel that out of most book to film movies, the HP series has been very well done. People who haven't read the books can still enjoy it, and for us avid fans, nothing will be good enough, but it has sufficed.

At least, in my opinion, it was no Twilight. That was such an utter disappointment for me. The only thing they got right was casting Edward, Jacod, Alice, Emmet ,Charlie and Carlisle the other characters were off, the acting was ghastly and well I can go on.

Ok /rant! lol

kittykit

I've been waiting to see this! Planned to see it last night but the plan changed. Can't wait to see it next week.

Holy Rapture

I'm going Sunday afternoon ... *Trying my best not to read the spoilers*
greengrin.gif

LMD84

i'm going sunday afternoon too with hubby! i'm very excited but he think it'll be a let down
ssad.gif
but i think it'll be great!
thmbup.gif

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo

I really wish they put the funeral

don't understand the reason behind Snapes action at the end

and the fact that Dumbledores hand is decaying means nothing to them, that is in my opinion a KEY point.

I've always like Gambon as Dumbledore, I don't see anyother actor in particular that would fit the bill. The Lavander girl though, I dunno, she was annoying lol Shes suppose to be, but something else about her bothered me.

- Someone mentioned they might include the funeral at the beginning of the next film.
- You're not supposed to fully understand snapes actions. I mean, we all speculated after reading it (" Severus Please!") but no one knew for sure until book 7 came about.
- Dumbledore briefly eludes to the fact that destroying a Horcrux can fuck your shit up. he says something like that and waves his hand. Brief, but i think they'll talk about it more in the next film (when they do the King's Cross chapter)

I must say up until this movie i HATED Gambon with a burning rage. He is just not Dumbledore!! Dumbledore looks regal (albeit batty) with pure white shining hair, and sweeping robes. Gambon looks grubby, which granted is a director's/ Costume Designer's choice, but still.
I found him to play dumbledore as very quick to anger, overly aggressive, almost irrational at certain points. Dumbledore was always so calm and caring. He was very trusting. He was funny with his weird little remarks. He was soft spoken. He never made you feel like he was incredibly powerful and that he could fuck your shit up in a second.

Infact Gambon recently said that he thought Dumbledore SHOULD be intimidating (that is the farthest thing from Dumbledore!!!). He also said he has never read the books. Suprise Suprise.

Honestly, i would have LOVED to see Patrick Stewart play Dumbledore. Throw a prosthetic nose and some againg makeup on him and bingo! I mean, we all know how fanatstic he was as professor X, who if you think about it is kinda similar to Dumbledore. They both are very powferful, have leadership roles in the schools and communities, father figures in certain ways, try to act the moral compass. I think Stewart could have had that childish essence that dumbledore often has. And oh man, when Dumbledore gets all badass and is kicking the shit out of death eaters.... I think my loins would have exploded.

So in conclusion; when i remake the HP series into 7 7 hour installments (plus an addition 6 hours for the last one... lets be honest) Patrick Stewart will be my Dumbledore!

i think i just geeked out.