Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince WARNING: MOVIE SPOILERS.

blackeneddove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Hey FYI. I did Some Deathly Hallows film research and the Director said that fans of the books should be happier with these films because they had to edit out less (due to the fact that there's more screen time!)

I also saw shots for shell cottage, the burial there, and of Bill. FYI Fleur has been recast, so the wedding will surely happen. I also saw shots of the 3 main characters walking around the city in tuxes and a nice red dress!

Nice! Which website did you find these at? Prob. a fan site? I'm glad they're editing out less, I honestly wasn't really expecting them to include the cafe scene right after the wedding.

blackeneddove

It's got that quirky edge to it.. they always make it look better than it does in my head, lol. I was wondering what Bellatrix was doing there but it just hit me.. they were about to go to Gringotts!

kdemers1221

the cottage does look amazing... better than i pictured it in my head. its so sad seeing harry digging dobby's grave. : ( i can't wait for this movie. i have really high hopes for it

Mabelle

^ Dude, I'm totally gonna loose it in that scene.I know it. It'll be hysterical crying.

When i was readingthe book, my bf and i were reading a loud to each other.He was reading "Malfoy manner" and i was cleaning my room or something. When dobby showed up i leaped on the bed SO excited, and high fived him. A page later he was dead, and i was inconsolable. I cried all night. If they do that scene well, i think i might actually loose my mind.

Also, FYI the actor that played Percy Weasely has been resigned.

themaczealot

^ me too I was more sad (for me) reading about Dobby's death than I was when Dumbledores dies
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Mabelle

Everyone expected Dumbledore's death. We all knew Harry had to face Voldemort alone. Like really alone.
Dobby, that was just senseless!

I hate Bellatrix SO much. I hope the scene when Molly Weasley kicks her ass is done well!!

staceb1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Everyone expected Dumbledore's death. We all knew Harry had to face Voldemort alone. Like really alone.
Dobby, that was just senseless!

I hate Bellatrix SO much. I hope the scene when Molly Weasley kicks her ass is done well!!

When she killed off Hedwig on the first couple of pages I think it kind of game me an idea of the tone of the book, but I still wasn't expecting poor Dobby to be offed. Hedwig was sad enough.

staceb1990

I finally saw the movie and I loved it! It's taken me a while, but I've kind of gotten over comparing the movies to the books, t's just too much for the movies to live up to.

Michael Gambon has improved loads, but he still isn't perfect. It could have been my imagination, or hopeful thinking, but I think he whispered something about Kendra (his sister who was killed accidentily) during the scene when he's forcefed the potion.

Boasorte

I like when books and stories have the good people dying, it's gets boring if you have good always beating evil, u know?

What I didn't like was the fact that Lupin died. To me Lupin was the only person left alive that had some kind of strong tie to Harry's past, and more importantly, his parents/Sirius.
I wish JK would make a book purely on Voldermort,and his growing up in the orphanage, and what he was like at Hogwarts, although it won't happen

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceb1990
When she killed off Hedwig on the first couple of pages I think it kind of game me an idea of the tone of the book, but I still wasn't expecting poor Dobby to be offed. Hedwig was sad enough.

Hedwig was so sad. I was bawling my eyes out. At least she didn't dwell on Hedwig. Dobby just went on forever! It was so sad and tragic
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceb1990
Michael Gambon has improved loads, but he still isn't perfect. It could have been my imagination, or hopeful thinking, but I think he whispered something about Kendra (his sister who was killed accidentily) during the scene when he's forcefed the potion.

I didnt hear the words Kendra (who was his mum fyi! His sister was Arianna i believe!). But i did hear him saying something like "Dont hurt them! It's all my fault!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
What I didn't like was the fact that Lupin died. To me Lupin was the only person left alive that had some kind of strong tie to Harry's past, and more importantly, his parents/Sirius.
I wish JK would make a book purely on Voldermort,and his growing up in the orphanage, and what he was like at Hogwarts, although it won't happen

1. I totally agree. Lupin had to die. I always knew he would (i figured it after Sirius died) that James' best friends would all die. Hell, even Pettigrew died!

2. Now i want a Book on Voldemort! Who knows, maybe she will...