Has Anyone Interviewed With Homa?

fashiondiva

Hi, I was wondering if anyone in the DC metro area ever interviewed with HOMA and got the job! If so, I would like to get some details about the process with her in particular. I just graduated from makeup artistry school and alot of the girls who interviewed with her did not get the job and did not know why.
Some of my questions are:
How many interviews did you have to go to?
Do you go to her now instead of a MAC Manager?
How to did you dress?
What were some of the questions did she ask you.

I have more questions, but I will wait from some input first.
Thanks

MAC_Pixie04

this homa person is like famous here; i can think of 3 people who've interviewed with her. slvrlps did for sure, and i think Katura did also. hopefully they'll respond for you.

Bernadette

Homa intimidates me and I'm on the other side of the country and already with the company
lmao.gif
! I wonder if she knows that she's famous.
Anyway, i could jsut search "Homa" in this forum.

MACMuse

i interviewed with homa and got hired but for unforeseeable circumstances, i wasn't able to take the job. homa can be slightly intimidating bc of her look ( i personally think she's gorgeous and fierce) and her serious demeanor but if you are on your game and know your stuff you should be pretty good. but to answer your questions:

1. i went through 3 interviews: the 1st was one on one with her, the second being with her and the store manager and the third she wasn't present.
2. homa is the recruiter for the md/dc/va region and no matter what you're going to have to go through her. the counter/store manager will be involved in the process to a certain extent but in my situation most of the contact/ communication was with her.
3. in terms of dressing, i cannot stress the importance of dressing for the job. you have to have that MAC look. image is important to homa. I say this because when i was just dropping in to turn in my app, the manager of the store said to me " oh, our recruiter Homa is in the back, i'm going to have you interview RIGHT NOW!". Thank God, I was ready but be stylish and trendy but let your personal style shine through of course.
4. the questions she asked centered mostly around sales scenarios, my experience and why i loved and wanted to work for MAC. not too hard but you need to have genuine and thoughtful answers.

my biggest advice is to not be nervous, just be yourself and look fierce and homa will be a piece of cake to deal with. hope that helped!

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashiondiva
Hi, I was wondering if anyone in the DC metro area ever interviewed with HOMA and got the job! If so, I would like to get some details about the process with her in particular. I just graduated from makeup artistry school and alot of the girls who interviewed with her did not get the job and did not know why.
Some of my questions are:
How many interviews did you have to go to?
Do you go to her now instead of a MAC Manager?
How to did you dress?
What were some of the questions did she ask you.

I have more questions, but I will wait from some input first.
Thanks

Yep, I definatly had some experience with Homa!

My first run in with her was at MAC in Columbia MD and she stopped me, mid-shopping spree at MAC and gave me her card and asked me to call her for an interview.

I called, got an interview, and ended up having my first interview last about an hour up at Pentagon City mall in DC. We sat on a bench in the mall and chatted about what I thought it was like to be a MAC artist...blah blah blah...search my name and threads about interviews and youll find my whole experience there.

Honestly, at first I was intimidated. But that was before we started chatting. Shes actually very nice and very professional.

Dress in tredy all black clothing. Do your hair, please. Look VERY put together.

I had three interviews total. 1 with Homa, 1 with Tanya (regional trainer, shes one of two and her and Jesse are both amazing) and Michelle Rack (shes a tad intimidating, seeing as I call her every time I close the store and still cant remember what she looks like...and she sounds SO serious!) and my last was at MAC in Bowie, where I work with Chris. Shes my manager and shes amazing as well, shes the best.

I havent spoken to Homa since my first interview, when she reminded me to be on time, in all black, and bring a friend to my second interview. You usually go straight to your counter/store manager for anything, and if they can't solve it, Michelle Rack is who you want next.

But just to reiterate, wear all black, have the 'look', you need feirce makeup, BLNED. (that was the only comment homa had for me about my makeup, that and wear some blush hahah)

Hope I'm not too late!

EDIT: Here's a link to my whole interveiw process thread:

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=67976

HTH!

claresauntie

i know someone who just interviewed with both Homa and Kelly Chung (who is at least as scary!) for a job in Richmond. she got it! i'm so impressed, 'cause i'd have peed myself.
winks.gif

MACMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
i know someone who just interviewed with both Homa and Kelly Chung (who is at least as scary!) for a job in Richmond. she got it! i'm so impressed, 'cause i'd have peed myself.
winks.gif

my second interview was with kelly and homa. if you think homa is bad, omg...kelly scared the hell out of me!

FacesbyNiki

Kelly doesn't play. I worked for her, I know.
thud.gif

But like MACMuse and Katura said, please be well put together for your interveiw with Homa. She is all about image and LOVES MAC. So if she doesn't think you are right, you won't get called back.
smiles.gif

claresauntie

Quote:
winks.gif

I just wanted to say, Kelly is REALLY nice and sweet, but she's 100% business, and you'd better do it right 'cause she's not interested in excuses or mistakes. Admirable, but sometimes terrifying.
lol.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
I just wanted to say, Kelly is REALLY nice and sweet, but she's 100% business, and you'd better do it right 'cause she's not interested in excuses or mistakes. Admirable, but sometimes terrifying.
lol.gif

This is soooo true.. She is very business and knows her stuff.

benzito_714

i interviewed with her last year and i felt so uncomfortable, she liked all my answers but i felt her looking at my legs as if she wanted me to have on leggings (i wore a dress). i didn't get the job but i have another interview tomorrow-go figure.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzito_714
i interviewed with her last year and i felt so uncomfortable, she liked all my answers but i felt her looking at my legs as if she wanted me to have on leggings (i wore a dress). i didn't get the job but i have another interview tomorrow-go figure.

Good luck! I'm sure you're going to do great!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissy22
I would love to see a picture of her-homa. I'm sure she's beautiful..

She really is. I worked with her when we both were at Clinique and she always look so fierce and fabulous!

andicandi3x12

I interviewed with Homa on April 11th at pentagon city. I was 5min late due to the worst traffic ever! seriously form my school to that mall is 30 min. I left 2hrs early guys... anywho. I was lucky because she was still with another girl. I didnt know what to expect but I got the feeling that if you dont interview well then she will throw you off. She was very fast the interview lasted only 5 minutes. She seems like she is disinterested because she very rarely looks at you, she is looking at people and places in the mall but she is very attuned to detail. Also if you cant say what you need to in 1 sentence or less then I dont know what to tell you because she is on to the next question before you finsh your 1st answer. She asked me alot about my customer service because Ive been w/ starbucks for 3 years and she said that she loves their CS and its some of the best shes seen so she asked how I would translate that to MAC, what I do all of that. She asked how I take constructive crticism and gave me some (BLEND!) she told me my eyes were too heavy, I used fafi eyes 2 but she said my liner was perfect and precise. SHe said I looked fashion foward, had great energy and professionalism and told me she would call me for my demo which she then explained about. She called monday to tell me its gonna be in georgetown and she told me to look like I work there with a full face and all, be energetic and talk to your model. I think she can size a gril up immediately because she knows what she wants and doesnt want in her region.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicandi3x12
I interviewed with Homa on April 11th at pentagon city. I was 5min late due to the worst traffic ever! seriously form my school to that mall is 30 min. I left 2hrs early guys... anywho. I was lucky because she was still with another girl. I didnt know what to expect but I got the feeling that if you dont interview well then she will throw you off. She was very fast the interview lasted only 5 minutes. She seems like she is disinterested because she very rarely looks at you, she is looking at people and places in the mall but she is very attuned to detail. Also if you cant say what you need to in 1 sentence or less then I dont know what to tell you because she is on to the next question before you finsh your 1st answer. She asked me alot about my customer service because Ive been w/ starbucks for 3 years and she said that she loves their CS and its some of the best shes seen so she asked how I would translate that to MAC, what I do all of that. She asked how I take constructive crticism and gave me some (BLEND!) she told me my eyes were too heavy, I used fafi eyes 2 but she said my liner was perfect and precise. SHe said I looked fashion foward, had great energy and professionalism and told me she would call me for my demo which she then explained about. She called monday to tell me its gonna be in georgetown and she told me to look like I work there with a full face and all, be energetic and talk to your model. I think she can size a gril up immediately because she knows what she wants and doesnt want in her region.

Yes, yes, and yes!

Homa knows EXACTLY what she wants in a MAC employee. She can size an individual up in less than two minutes and know whether or not they are MAC material. Seriously, though she is tough (and she has reason to be -- she wants exceptional MAC employees/artists, not just any and everybody) but she is so nice. If you have any questions or need help with anything, Homa is always willing to lend a hand. I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet her. Since I don't work for MAC anymore, I rarely see her and I do miss her. :]

carmax

I never met, nor heard of Homa. This was my first time ever hearing about her..but I am new to specktra so i guess thats why. I did interview with Kelly tho and I love her. All the other girls in my basic said Kelly was intimidating and she had no expression but I didnt experience that with her. Maybe because I felt very prepared for the interview so i was not intimidated. The night before my interview i read everything on specktra about the process and hte questions were literally word for word. I already had my answers in my head and nothing through me for a loop.
The next day i did my Demo with kelly and Joy, who is the area trainer. Joy is truly great. I'm in basic with her right now and i cant say how much i love and look up to her. I swear she knows everything there is to know.

But anyway..I said all that to say, just prepare yourself, make sure you look great, and be confident. I was very nervous at first, but after I put on my cute little black outfit, and did my hair, and put my face on I felt fierce. I love how makeup can just change ur mood like that.
smiles.gif

oh yea, I also brought my portfolio. It wasnt anything extravagant. Just a photobook from targets w/ pictures i printed from walmart. I did have a few professional pictures tho from some work I did with a photographer. The main goal was just to showcase my talent.

good luck!!!!