Has Anyone Interviewed With Homa?

benzito_714

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Did they tell you it was a group interview??

Interivews are truly different for each person.

This is my hobby, I just love the fact I get paid for it. LOL

nah, it was supposed to be an individual interview-it's cool though. i interviewed with a girl who quit her job just to be a MUA for MAC. if anyone gets the position i hope its her. i have a very sacrificial attitude (when it comes to many things), don't really know why though, its just my nature.
th_dunno.gif

shoot even if i got paid for it i wouldn't know how to act. i have realized that i spend so frivolously-i need discipline.

aishouss

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have interviewed with Scott?I have an interview with him, which is my last interview.
I interviewed with Homa, and I don't think she was too impressed with me, because I didn't get a call back.

But recently I was at MAC and I just asked one of the girls there (which was the manager, but I didn't know it at the time) how her interview process was and she told me about Homa, and I told her I interviewed with her but didn't get a call back. She basically told me what you guys have been saying about her. But she told me to apply at the Nordstrom, because they were hiring. I didn't get around to doing that, but a few days later she came into my work and I asked her if she was the woman from MAC, and she said yes, and that she was going to call me, because a permanent part time position opened up. So she called me the next day, and I had an interview with her the following day. She is really nice, and I felt so comfortable with her and the girls there were so nice as well. Today I had my demo interview, and she said I did a very nice job. I had to do a day look, but something that you could SEE. So I did deep purples and matte whites and matte light pinks. She said I blended very well, the eye liner was perfect, and the eye makeup, blush, and lips was a good combo. The only con she said about the makeup was that it was a little too heavy for day makeup/work makeup, but she said it wasn't a big deal. So, now I'm scheduled to interview with the district manager, Scott, and I just really want to know what he's like and what to expect. If you know anything please let me know!

madinster

Hey all! I just joined specktra and I'm new so sorry if I'm not doing this correctly! I interviewed with Homa at pentagon mall in dc about two weeks ago. I brought in a copy of my resume, wore all black and pretty much had the MAC look, and my makeup and shadow was on point that day. So I interviewed with her and she asked about my experience why I wanted to work for MAC, what I thought about my own makeup, along with a few sales scenarios and how to sell a product. Over all the interview went great. She told me that she thought I had great makeup, and that I was very cute and the best she's interviewed that day. She explained to me that she was going to go ahead and bring me in for a second interview in which I need to bring a person that I can do a demo on. But that she is not sure as to when exactly she is going to do so. She said in the next few weeks. She even discussed the five day intense training I would need to attend after the demo and what locations she can put me at. It's been about two weeks and I have no heard anything and I'm getting pretty nervous. If I didn't get the second interview then she wouldn't have told me about it right? A friend of mine said that she had applied and didnt get a call back until weeks later. So I'm hoping shell call. I even emailed her just following up. Anyone have any experience with this waiting game!?!

amoona

There's nothing wrong with following up with any job. When did you e-mail her? If she doesn't respond to your e-mail after a week I'd give her a call and just ask about the status of your resume. In this job market you have to stalk to a certain point haha.

madinster

Well I emailed her on Friday, there isn't really a number that I can reach her (homa) but her emails all over the internet. I think ill give the MAC store in pentagon a call tomorrow and see if they may have an idea. I hope she calls me. Reading some of these posts and everyone saying they had their second interview soon after makes me doubtful. But then again a friend of mine said she didn't receive a call from homa until weeks later.

Tiana Le-She

Hi Everyone;

I'm new here, just joined today actually. I've been hovering over this site for a while now, ever since I learned that there was a group interview April 18th 2012 at pentagon city MAC store. Well anywho I interviewed with the imfamous Ms. Homa!!! She is Afghani and an absolutely beautiful mature woman. They were interviewing from 10am -3pm so natually I showed up at 9:30am I was the first person there. I thought it was going to be a mad house because in Pentagon city alone there are 3 MACs one in Macy's one in Nordstroms and one is a stand alone store. So 3 other ladies show up.

One lady her make up was a hot mess, and she had on black jeans....another young lady looked really nice and cute but I felt she should have had on some lashes. Anywho we sat down on a bench outside of the MAC storefront and we chated here are some of the questions she asked.

What do you think your make up skill is with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, rate your makeup today and why. I said mine was a 3 or 3.5 the lady with the jacked up face said a 5 and the cute lady said a 3.

Needless to say Ms. Homa went in on the lady who said her makeup was a 5 lol I was laughing inside. But oh well she should have came prepared.Ms. Homa said that no one is a 5...because no one is perfect. Ms. Homa complimented me on my eyes and that she loved the look.This is the look i went for. I also wore all black to the interview here is the dress i wore. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/work-with-me-dress I totally went for a cute pin up look I actually copied the cover of the allure magazine with Niki Minaj on the cover she was wearing all MAC products so I copied everything except the saint Germain lips !!! This lip is Ruby Woo!! MY favorite

She went on to ask what our favorite MAC product was? and to sell it to her.
How many years of sales experience do you have?
What MAC stores are closest to you?
Are you looking for full time part time or freelance?
Do you have any cosmetic experience?

I thought the interview went great!!! I got a call from the MAC in the springfield mall asking if I could come in for a Demo interview on Saturday!!! Please pray that I get it :)

xdanielleax

Oh my goodness. There is a MAC Career Fair on May 4 with Homa. It would be such a dream to work for MAC. I haven't worked since I've had my 2nd child. I don't know if I should go! Anyone else work for MAC with kids? How do you girls do it?

Tiana Le-She

You should go! Just make sure you are dressed professionally and that your make up is done as close to perfect as possible. Ms. Homa does not want her MAC artists to look like clowns she likes beauty makeup so make sure you don't go over board!

xdanielleax

I'm torn on what eye makeup I should wear. I was going to do a black smokey eye and add in some vibrant grape and stars and rockets. Is that too much? What do you recommend?

Tiana Le-She

Hey, I think a smokey eye would be nice but just make sure it is clean, smokey eye faded into a brown would be nice or even just something more simple and less dramatic. Since I am hoping you are going to show up first thing in the morning so you will be stuck in their minds or her mind rather. Like I said I would say less is more with her. Match your foundation perfectly and blend your eye shadows like no other... Don't go too crazy with the colors. My demo went well!!!! He said he is passing me to the next level. I left a good description in "MAC demo interview" it's a 9 page thread just search that on this site or go to my profile and you'll see it.

xdanielleax

I'm so excited and nervous! Tomorrow is the day. I've been studying up like crazy! haha I live in the Woodbridge area. I'll be heading over there at 9, right after I drop my daughter to school. Hopefully I'll get there right around 10! I decided to go with a really nice dark brown smokey eye. Soft brown in the crease, handwritten on the lid, smoulder e/l and carbon smoked out on upper and lower lash line. For lips creme cup l/s and underage l/g. I'm going to wear a pretty black sheer blouse with a black cami underneath, black leather leggings and black closed toe wedges. Is anyone else going to the career call tomorrow?

xdanielleax

Well, my interview was yesterday and I think it went great!!! I really liked Homa, she's not as scary as people make her out to be...lol...She's just brutally honest. If you aren't on point, she'll definitely let you know. It was a career call between 10-3 so girls were showing up all day. I came in at 10 and was in the 2nd group to be interviewed. She took 3 at a time. She asked us each about or retail experience, what hours we were wanting to work, and what locations we would like to work at. Then she asked all of us to explain our makeup on our face and rate it 1-5. The other 2 girls said 4.5-5 but I knew better thanks to Tiana! I said 3.5-4 because no one's perfect. She liked my answer and agreed nobody is perfect. The 1st girl she critiqued she didn't like that she had all frost eyeshadows on and she didn't have any lipstick on...that was a no no. The 2nd girl, I felt a little bad, she really critiqued her! Her eyeshadows weren't blended well, her eyelashes weren't put on perfectly and were to small for her eye shape, and she was wearing red lips with no lip pencil...Homa did not like that. When she got to me, I was a bit nervous! haha...She didn't have one bad thing to say! She said my eyeshadows were blended nicely, my foundation looked great and she liked my lips. I was so happy!! She did pass us all through to the next interview, the demo. She said she wanted to see if we could all apply makeup on other people. I should be getting a call next week for my demo! I'm so excited!

Hello all, newbie here!
I had my 1st interview with a MAC regional recruiter here in the DMV area with Homa on April 3rd. I past that first part and she was pretty awesome, and blunt. I'm pretty much a self taught makeup lover, and pick up a lot just by viewing videos, reading online forums, and following tutorials. This, throughout many years, taught me to become an inspired makeup artist! :) So my interview with Homa went pretty smoothly, but i was super nervous. It was a "Job Fair" in her office at Greenbelt, MD. I'm assuming that this is where the training facility is as well i saw a room filled with MAC makeup while i was waiting to be interviewed. To be completely honest i thought this "job fair" was actually meeting with others and important people within the company, but i didn't want to be unprepared so i came with my cover letter as well as my resume. The fair started at 10am and it was supposed to last till 1pm, i walked in with my face done in tip top shape(my profile picture). Looked the part with all black clothing, simple, but fashionable as well. The only downfall i had was my shoes, it was a no heel tap dance like shoe, Homa expected heels. When i went in the suite, her assistant as me if i was here for the interview, i said "sure, i'm assuming that's what it is..." She told me to sign in and have a seat, while i was there 5 other girls were sitting amongst me waiting as well. I can hear Homa with 2 other girls inside her office, and i waited for about 20 minutes until my name was called. At the end of the interview before me Homa said to them if we're interested we will give you ladies a call back soon. Next up, was this other girl, and i. We went into the office and she asked us if we wanted to be full time, or a freelancer. We both answered full time, and she asked what locations we wanted to be working at. Gave our answers, and then proceeded. Homa asked us about our retail experience, and asked us how much make-up experience we had, if we had professional schooling, and what we would bring to the company. After that, she asked us to rate our make-up abilities from 1-5, i said a 4 and she asked why, the other girl also said 4. We were then asked to critique each other make-up, Homa told us her end as well. She said she thought that both of us would be great, and our make-up was really good. She just told me that a darker shadow on me looks like i have no whites in my eyes from a far, and that i need a brighter color lipstick, other than that she said everything else was perfect. BLEND BLEND BLEND, is what she told the other girl and her red liner was boring her. She said that her red lips were a good color, but needs to be very clean and precise. Red lips stand out and must be done correct to look amazing she said. After that she said well, i like you both a lot! So i want to invite you both back for a make-up demo interview. Homa told the other girl that unfortunately she was not in her region so she will have trainers come out to that suite to do her make-up interview that friday! Which was 2 days away... I was like =0. She told me that she will call me back to set up my interview time because she needs to gather trainers to evaluate me. I was scared that meant i won't be getting a call back. Then again, i realize since she is pretty straight forward, she wouldn't be lying. So she said make sure we practice, and be on point with our blending, she explained some scenarios they might throw at us, so i was appreciating the tip. She said good luck, and i hope to see you soon! "Samantha, you will be hearing from me, so don't get scared if i don't call back soon as you think." So the waiting game begins, i told myself i would give her a week, if not i will be calling back. Surely enough, on April 11th she called me and asked me if i was still interested, well a duh! lol So she told me she had a couple openings with dates and times. Homa asked if i prefer Tysons Corner or Fair Oaks, and i said Fair Oaks, then she said okay well i have this and this day, and this and this time. Finally, i told her the 24th at 2PM. Let's pray this goes by well! :) Wish me luck ladies, now it's time to practice, practice, practice! Ahh i'm so nervous, any tips for those who work out here in the East Coast within Homa's district? Please and thank you all!

HolyUnicornHorn

I did she is such a sweet lady. I really think people just get intimidated because she is straight forward and serious. I met her and felt like I had met a kindred spirit. I had the "job fair" interview with her on a Wednesday and got a call back that Friday for a demo interview. I thought I failed the interview but passed. I got the the make up interview on a Tuesday and then a call back the following Monday for the 3rd interview yesterday, I did the interview this time with Michelle, lets hope she liked me as well. I am very nervous. Every time I think I messed up I actually didn't. My advice is research the company, COME IN LOOKING LIKE A MUA, don't be lazy. Get a new dress or borrow one. Wear stockings! Have a flawless face and wear min jewelry. Also speak up, be very honest, very honest. Honesty is the best policy. And smile. Smile and don't be afraid to make eye contact. Everything else that needs to be done, I found on these threads. THANKS GUYS!!! Wish a Lady Unicorn luck. I am hoping to get a call back soon.
holysheep.gif

HolyUnicornHorn

I got the call back......unfortunately it was for Freelance. I was looking for a position with more steady pay. I might have to decline since I received an offer with Sephora for part time. Can someone tell me if the DMV area freelancers do work more often then just events? The reason that was given to me the reason I was given freelance I work a second job and they wanted to see if I could handle both. But I hired someone to take care of position as I was going to step away from some of my responsibilities at my other position. I am a bit worried and confused. I would love to work for MAC but I don't think that financially it will benefit me. And times are tough.......

ENJMUA

Hey Honey. I advice that you take the freelance position and also work for Sephora too!!! I used to work for the company and our freelancers were ALWAYS there! They get paid more hourly than a MAC MUA and you can work for other companies.