Has Anyone Interviewed With Homa?

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Hold up.. Lipshock, you left?? What happened hun? School??

Niki, girl, yes. I HAD TO.

I was pulling my hair out by the end. It was getting way too stressful and really interfering with my classwork ... well, my life in general. :[

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Niki, girl, yes. I HAD TO.

I was pulling my hair out by the end. It was getting way too stressful and really interfering with my classwork ... well, my life in general. :[

Awww hun! I'm sorry and I know what you mean. I went through the same thing. My friends are so happy that I am able to come out on weekends and not be tired or cranky all the time.

th_kiss.gif

Oh and we have a mutual friend in common that is getting married.
th_DANCE.gif

andicandi3x12

BTW who is kelly? I didnt catch the trainers names today. also Homa is really nice and yes gorgeous. She seemed cheerful today.

FacesbyNiki

Kelly is the big boss, the MRO for the VA region. Currently someone is taking over for her, she's out on leave. I believe his name is Scott.

andicandi3x12

GAHHHH! I hope he is cool because thats my next step. Oh boy...another makeup look to come up with so I will look fierce. Should I be scared?

M.A.C. head.

I interviewed with Homa for my first interview. This was just last week. She liked me a lot, so I got called back for a second interview, but my demo sucked
ssad.gif
I've been out of the workforce for a long time, plus I just moved to this state and I don't know a soul; so I had to search on MYSPACE for a damn model and that almost fell through. I was just so nervous and I had never met my model prior to the time we met before the demo, so I had to way to prep or get any grasp of what I could do for her.

Needless to say, I didn't get the job; but when Homa called me she was very nice and she told me that she wanted me to just practice and brush up my skills and apply again after the waiting period. She really liked my professionalism and how much I knew about the company and products, so I think that I will have better luck next time.

Homa IS a very fierce and beautiful woman, and I can see why some people could view her as intimidating. She really was very nice and charming and I think it would be great to work for someone who takes their company so seriously.

Laryn41

I interviewed with her yesturday! I loved her. i felt so comfortable with her. She gave me tips and really made me even more pasionated about my career. I was with her for about 45 minutes. I was asked to come back for a application. That is one one I am worried about. Be conident and Professional with her.
I felt her and i were very alike.

andicandi3x12

I think she is middle eastern or indian and gorgeous. When I interviewed w/her she had a simple look, black liner and Viva glam I.

Now you guys are making me jealous my interview was super short! maybe she was pressed for time? I dont know but im sad about that lol. But hey that doesnt matter now cuz im just playing the waiting game lol.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Awww hun! I'm sorry and I know what you mean. I went through the same thing. My friends are so happy that I am able to come out on weekends and not be tired or cranky all the time.

th_kiss.gif

Oh and we have a mutual friend in common that is getting married.
th_DANCE.gif

Psst, Niki, there's more ... but I really don't want to air the business all out in the open but if you PM me, I'll give you the full rundown on what happened. :/ ugh, thinking about it still makes me upset.

Anywho, yes, OMG, I realized that on FB you knew Portia. I was going to friend you but I didn't want you to think that I was being stalkerish. LOL.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Psst, Niki, there's more ... but I really don't want to air the business all out in the open but if you PM me, I'll give you the full rundown on what happened. :/ ugh, thinking about it still makes me upset.

Anywho, yes, OMG, I realized that on FB you knew Portia. I was going to friend you but I didn't want you to think that I was being stalkerish. LOL.

You better add me!!!
smiles.gif

benzito_714

i may be the lone voice of dissent but i wasn't really feeling the interview. my appt was 4:30 and when i got there at 4:10 there were about 4 people waiting. needless to say i was waiting for awhile and when it was my turn i had to do a group interview. once there i lost some of the desire for the position. don't get me wrong i love mac cosmetics but the experience left a lot to be desired.
th_dunno.gif

i'd much rather do it as a hobby than as a job.

andicandi3x12

This irks me. Why keep hiring all these girls when there are no positions! Ive been thinking about it and if positions havent been open in a while and they keep hiring then there is just a long list of girls waiting! Why dont the just hold off instead of doing that. Im sure girls who really want it will come back. its better to say we arent hiring than to put someone thru the process to get past the demo and get told well there is nothing open.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzito_714
i may be the lone voice of dissent but i wasn't really feeling the interview. my appt was 4:30 and when i got there at 4:10 there were about 4 people waiting. needless to say i was waiting for awhile and when it was my turn i had to do a group interview. once there i lost some of the desire for the position. don't get me wrong i love mac cosmetics but the experience left a lot to be desired.
th_dunno.gif

i'd much rather do it as a hobby than as a job.

Did they tell you it was a group interview??

Interivews are truly different for each person.

This is my hobby, I just love the fact I get paid for it. LOL

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicandi3x12
This irks me. Why keep hiring all these girls when there are no positions! Ive been thinking about it and if positions havent been open in a while and they keep hiring then there is just a long list of girls waiting! Why dont the just hold off instead of doing that. Im sure girls who really want it will come back. its better to say we arent hiring than to put someone thru the process to get past the demo and get told well there is nothing open.

All I can say it's called business. They will see who really wants it.
ssad.gif

M.A.C. head.

I wish you much better luck than I had hon.

Just be confident and SELL YOURSELF! And PRACTICE for your demo.

I'm still waiting the three freaking months until I can reapply :/

funkychik02

Thank you for the luck and advice. I wish you luck in reapplying.
smiles.gif
Should I try to replicate looks from the current color story or just do a look that represents my personality?

M.A.C. head.

It would be cool if you did a look w/ products from the latest launch.

Just make sure you do it WELL.

And make sure you're color placement and blending are on point, because Homa WILL tell you that she doesn't like your make up LOL!