Heatherette for WOC

ARmakeupjunkie

Did you guys see the pictures from the Heatherette collection? I knew I wanted very little from this collection and after seeing the pictures, I want even less.
thmbdn.gif
I don't really see what's so great about this collection and why some think it's better then Fafi, wish I am not that in love with either. As Women of Color, what do you think of the collection and what do you think you will purchase?

aziajs

I think the collection is ok. I think I'll like Fafi more, though. I think the entire Heatherette collection will be WOC friendly. They have some beautiful lip colors and the eyeshadow trios look very wearable. The beauty powders, one of which came out with Diana Ross' icon collection, look fine and so do the duo pencils.

ilovegreen

I don't think it's as friendly as fafi especially if your a darker skinned WOC.
I'm a NW43/45 & I'm not getting as much if anything from this collection compared to Fafi.
Possibly the duo pencils but will have to see instore, maybe I'll change my view once I see it in person and test things.

Loveleighe

i have to admit i don't think it'll be better than FAFI but i think it should be okay. I agree with aziza i think most of the collection if not all is WOC friendly. I'm NW45 and I actually think only one of those colors would be bad on me. the rest i am willing to try before i knock it off as a poor collection.

chocolategoddes

i haven't seen the collection yet but knowing Heatherette style it's gonna be really colorful and that may or maynot be W/MoC friendly! i still luv heatherette anyway
smiles.gif

aziajs

I think the bold colors are what make the collection woc friendly. I think, unfortunately, as we have discussed before a lot of woc tend to shy away from bolder colors so they freak out when collections like this come out.

MAChostage

Although I'm not quite wild about this Heatherette collection, I'm liking it much more than Fafi -- which I don't care for at all. I am most interested in the pigments.

blazeno.8

I think this collection will rock x10 more than Fafi. Fafi is a cute concept, but I've just seen more things from this collection that have caught my fancy. For instance the pro items that most of us wouldn't be able to get otherwise. I can understand that it might come out as underwhelming because of some repromotes, but other than that, it looks like Heatherette is more my style than Fafi.
I like how wearable Heatherette looks as opposed to the over the top bright colors in Fafi.

greatscott2000

^ I agree with you.
I like the brights of Heatherette and I can't wait to see how Heatherette's Melrose Mood compares to Diana's Miss Ross lipstick.
Plus, the lippies look like they are layerable which helps if you want to shy away from bolds.

spectrolite

I don't really like Heatherette as a brand as I associate it with Paris Hilton (who I would be loathe to endorse in any way). I find their designs tacky and garish. On the other hand I have nothing against MAC and think that some of the colours in this collection look amazing! I'm interested in some of the lip glasses, the shadow trio with the blue colour, those double ended pencils and maybe the beauty powder. The packaging is super tacky but in a good way. I can't wait to see some swatches on darker skin tones. I'm counting on you ladies in the States to keep us all posted!
smiles.gif

SugarDaisy

The collection looks like it will work with my skin tone and others of my color. I especially like the eyeshadows.

lilchocolatema

Please, please don't overlook this collection! I signed a contract saying that I can't give out any information on this collection yet, BUT I've seen it and played with it and I liked it 10x MORE than Fafi.
whistle.gif
I've already created a tutorial and a few post on my blog about it (haven't released them yet though, clearly), and the day that I'm aloud to give y'all the scoop, I will!!! I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsButterfli

so far all im diggin are the eye trios and 1 or two lippies (aint it aint the coral/pinky ones either) the look like i'd be the star of a "got milk" ad or something lol

MacArtistFauryn

Ladies don't sleep on this collection - I had a training last week and got to play with it... I don't have any of the items in my possession just yet but when I do......
winks.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

I see a lot of things that will make me look crazy and/or just don't like. I don't do pink around my eyes, I have no need for the duo pencils or whatever the new pencils are. I don't use the beauty powder I have and see no reason to purchase another one. I like pink, just as much as the next person but, I know what works for me and what does not. I have been putting makeup on this face for almost twenty years and this collection is just not for me. I always love hearing your opinions!!