Heatherette for WOC

M.a.c. Queen

This Colection is crazy cool i think it would be better then fafi i love the clolrs in the quad and all the lips are pretty.

AfricanaEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Please, please don't overlook this collection! I signed a contract saying that I can't give out any information on this collection yet, BUT I've seen it and played with it and I liked it 10x MORE than Fafi.
whistle.gif
I've already created a tutorial and a few post on my blog about it (haven't released them yet though, clearly), and the day that I'm aloud to give y'all the scoop, I will!!! I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

My blog sista has saved the day. I was seriously just swooning over the pink packaging of Heatherette but thanks Erin for givin' us some hope. Now I can't wait!
yahoo.gif

MACa6325xi

I'm hoping that Heatherette will be more exciting than Fafi. Fafi is cute and I really liked the Paint Pots more than anything. I like collections where everything looks great (ie., blush, lipsticks, eyeshadows, etc). They should just bring back Barbie with some new colors and add Skipper, Ken, etc. However, they need to slow down with all these collections. I'm sort of on overload right now. I just bought stuff from N Collection and The Originals and now Fafi. Doesn't MAC know that the economy is "bad."

DominicanBarbie

I think it looks woc friendly. I have my eyes on the trio with the pink in it.The lip shades look bright and beautiful and I love beauty powders. I can't wait to see what the pencils will look like and if they will last on my oily lids.

lilchocolatema

LOL you are a trip! Girl Scandalous Beauty had to post about something big about this collection. But no more spoilers from me, I won't be getting sued up in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanaEyes
My blog sista has saved the day. I was seriously just swooning over the pink packaging of Heatherette but thanks Erin for givin' us some hope. Now I can't wait!
yahoo.gif

priss

Quote:
Please, please don't overlook this collection! I signed a contract saying that I can't give out any information on this collection yet, BUT I've seen it and played with it and I liked it 10x MORE than Fafi.
whistle.gif
I've already created a tutorial and a few post on my blog about it (haven't released them yet though, clearly), and the day that I'm aloud to give y'all the scoop, I will!!! I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i 100% agree. im not sure why Woc's shy away from intense colors when the truth of the matter is that it takes our dark skin to rock those shades.

i think the colors are going to look great on us. in the same way we-(woc) rocked c-shock collection eyeshadows, these will be shades we can layer over paints, pots, shade sticks, ccb's and kick up the intensity 10x.

im all about the intense eye.

for most areas of life in general darker/ethnic skin means youll be slighted for some ignorant reason or another.

isnt it great to know makeup is the one area where any type of ethnicity is a plus? i cant tell you guys how many times wondergrass, passionate, big-t, or mi'lady e/s got my lids noticed and down right gawked at by non woc.

so yippee to heatherette and the intense colors in the collection. i like n collection and bought a few things, but im glad to see all that latte- beigeiness go away!

QTAllStarGurl

Im excited for this collection!!! im especially excited for the lippies since I've had a l/s obsession lately.. but I wanted to get u guys opinion on the smooth harmony beauty powder since I didn't have a chance to get it with Diana Ross but I'm def interested in it...so do any of you recommend it??

slvrlips

Quote:
whistle.gif

OO I can't wait to see your stuff choclatema! This collection to me will be way better than Fafi. The packaging alone sold me
The texture of the lipsticks are great. I currently own fleshpot and it is my favorite lipstick of all time. WOC Please don't sleep on this collection. I was o so excited about Fafi and I have to say I was disappointed with the lipsticks and color-payoff of the eyeshawdows.
I want one of everything from the Heatherette collection
I can't wait til the 27th of March

priss

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTAllStarGurl
Im excited for this collection!!! im especially excited for the lippies since I've had a l/s obsession lately.. but I wanted to get u guys opinion on the smooth harmony beauty powder since I didn't have a chance to get it with Diana Ross but I'm def interested in it...so do any of you recommend it??

smooth harmony was the bomb. the icon's beauty powders tend to be universally flattering. i think the reason is because the beauty icons are older women so mac uses a little less sparkle/shimmer in these than the typical beauty powders. for that reason they look great on all skin types- oily, acne scarred, large pores, etc all tend not to be emphasized by the beauty powders designed for the icons. in fact the beauty powders created for the icons looks more like the highlight powders (think hullaballoo from balloonacy- once you use the shimmery top off the product underneath was satin like)

smooth harmony is the only beauty powder ive ever used to the pan. and i cant wait to see it again.

if only we can get mac to bring back all pink brushes for heatherette like diana ross had- i really consider going on a mac diet.

priss

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrlips
OO I can't wait to see your stuff choclatema! This collection to me will be way better than Fafi. The packaging alone sold me
The texture of the lipsticks are great. I currently own fleshpot and it is my favorite lipstick of all time. WOC Please don't sleep on this collection. I was o so excited about Fafi and I have to say I was disappointed with the lipsticks and color-payoff of the eyeshawdows.
I want one of everything from the Heatherette collection
I can't wait til the 27th of March

slvrlips,

i agree with you on a lot of points. i made a list of all the fafi things i wanted based on the pics we had here on specktra. my list was pretty much one of everything. and usually that exactly what i buy- one of everything in the launch except the nailpolishes. when i got to my counter i left with nothing. im going to spend a few days deciding what products i really want

for me, the initial attraction was the packaging. as an artist, im easily sucked in by things that are visually stimulating. but, once i really assessed the products i realized the eyeshadows were things i had close dupes of already. i did like the lip products but im sure if i put my mind to it i can recreate those with other things i already have as well.

the paint pots were nice, especially nice vice the purple one since there isnt currently a paint pot that looks like it.

the surprising thing for me is that i had the exact same response to barbie- which was last year's valentines collection. all sucked in by the packaging but few things i just had to have.

some time ago i posted about not letting myself get all worked up over this launch because of the barbie let down. i wasnt as excited this time around, but i did get a little worked up once i saw the ebay leaks and general frenzy. plus i have a few fafi items from her collabo with adidas.

i also let the fact that those dolls look like me and all my friends get to me. how many times have you all seen dolls with gams, booties, boobs, and tiny waists?

the fafinette dolls were shaped like every black chick in urban america. in some parts of the country they may be the exception. but in dallas shapes like that come a dime a dozen.

hell my friends and i are still wondering how the media and general public consider jennifer lopez's ass big. her whole butt is about half of my left booty cheek. lol

butt, thats another topic for another thread.

MsCocoa

Thanx for the beauty powder review, your making me want to buy TWO, the only thing I'm not sure about is the lipglasses but I'm staying open minded until I see swatches etc.

Shepherdess

Quote:
Originally Posted by priss
i 100% agree. im not sure why Woc's shy away from intense colors when the truth of the matter is that it takes our dark skin to rock those shades.

i think the colors are going to look great on us. in the same way we-(woc) rocked c-shock collection eyeshadows, these will be shades we can layer over paints, pots, shade sticks, ccb's and kick up the intensity 10x.

im all about the intense eye.

for most areas of life in general darker/ethnic skin means youll be slighted for some ignorant reason or another.

isnt it great to know makeup is the one area where any type of ethnicity is a plus? i cant tell you guys how many times wondergrass, passionate, big-t, or mi'lady e/s got my lids noticed and down right gawked at by non woc.

so yippee to heatherette and the intense colors in the collection. i like n collection and bought a few things, but im glad to see all that latte- beigeiness go away!

Well said
winkiss.gif
(I love all of you on Specktra
greengrin.gif
)

I think it does look woc friendly, I'm just a little hesistant on trying the bright pink lipsticks.

I cant wait to have a little play with those colours, Im so excited!
yahoo.gif

imperfectbeauty

im looking forward to the heatherette collection. the trio's are what i really want to get as well as one of the lipsticks and lip glasses that looks like it'll go well with medium tan skin. im not TOO fond of the packaging though but the product is what's important. i felt a little let down by the fafi collection but i am considering getting 3 of the paint pots. Cash Flow, Rollickin' and Nice Vice.

mjalomo

I love the packaging for Heatherette, but I just cant seem to make pink work on my skin. I love bright colors and agree with you that the color payoff for Fafi was what I'd expect from a dollar store shadow (the shades were so gorgeous though I bought quad 2), but I will probably have to skip this collection.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
I'm hoping that Heatherette will be more exciting than Fafi. Fafi is cute and I really liked the Paint Pots more than anything. I like collections where everything looks great (ie., blush, lipsticks, eyeshadows, etc). They should just bring back Barbie with some new colors and add Skipper, Ken, etc. However, they need to slow down with all these collections. I'm sort of on overload right now. I just bought stuff from N Collection and The Originals and now Fafi. Doesn't MAC know that the economy is "bad."

I saw some of the Heatherette items a few months ago & have been anxiously waiting; they were not in this cute packaging yet.....now I want them even more. I am disappointed that one of the e/s is Cloudburst, not only because I already have it (still NIB) but because I thought it had turquoise shimmer/reflects. I'm also not happy about the coral l/sk having green gold iridescence
thmbdn.gif

I too mentioned bringing back Barbie to a MAC employee, and I had the same suggestion, that they could use different colors (hopefully things w/less shimmer), I LOVED that collection!

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrlips
I currently own fleshpot and it is my favorite lipstick of all time.

Does this lipstick have shimmer or iridescence? Can you post pictures/swatches of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priss
smooth harmony was the bomb. the icon's beauty powders tend to be universally flattering.
Can you post pictures/swatches of it?

if only we can get mac to bring back all pink brushes for heatherette like diana ross had- i really consider going on a mac diet.

I would love these!
thmbup.gif

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
I I'm also not happy about the coral l/sk having green gold iridescence
thmbdn.gif

Man, that's the part that I'm looking most forward too!
greengrin.gif

DominicanBarbie

I am so very excited for the Pastel pink Lipstick.I am a fan of nude pinks and baby milky pinks. I wear out my snob,real doll and scanty lipstick a lil too much and I dont want to run out since two of those are LE and Discontinued.I'm excited that it's an AC beacause that means it'll def show up on my two toned lips unlike utter pervette,and fun fun lipstick which I have to put over sheer hot pink plushglass to come out the color it's supposed to. I love trio's and quads so I'm def getting both along with both the beauty powders.This is the collection i've been waiting for.
I'm curious about fleshpot lipstick. I read some reviews on it on MUA and it got some bad ones so I really want to see some swatches of it.

imperfectbeauty

So someone posted swatches of the collection in the swatches section of the board. go check it out!!

it changed my mind kind of to what i wanted from the collection. im considering only getting one of the trios since the other contains light pink and i just can't pull off light pink on my skin tone for some reason. So only one of the trios. I love the colors of the duo pencils so i might get them all. lolll!! I also liked the nude shaded lipstick and matching lipglass (which i dont remember the names of) that goes with it. Im going to wait though and decide when i go in and swatch the colors on myself.

I like the heatherette collection way more than what i've seen of the fafi collection. It just seems so unwearable to me even for going out i dont know if the "fun & sexy" lipstick could ever work on woc unless you walking down a runway or doing a photoshoot.