Heatherette for WOC

doniad101

I am so excited/pleased that I am not the only woman of color that is excited about the Heatherette Collection. I didnt get one thing from FAFI because I knew the colors werent very wearable. I mean, it would have been a waste of money for me to get like one quad and use only one or two eyeshadows from it. After looking at the Heatherette swatches, I am so excited that they have some rempromotes that I didnt get a chance to see and colors that look very wearable. I'm into the #2 quad with the pink eyeshadow in it, but I will definately check out the other quad!
drools.gif
I want at least one of everything! So I hope it lives up to my expectation!!
th_dunno.gif

damsel

i am very excited for this collection, as i got nothing from fafi. i tried the fafi collection on 2x but with no avail. the colors were just too frosty, bright, iridescent & glittery. the 2nd time i brought my boyfriend and he agreed that the colors were not flattering.

i really want to get the 2 eyeshadow trios from heatherette. all the colors are totally wearable. i'm also interested in the peach lipglass (sock hop) and maybe one of the beauty powders. everything else i have to test-out to decide.

Face2Mac

I think the 2 trio is going to be hot and I agree that the peach l/s and lipglass are going to work on us.

It is just in time for spring.

GlamYOURUs

After much debating, I don't think I am going to get much from this collection.

It looks fun and sexy but lets be honest here, most of us probably have dupes of some of the things in this collection. Right? Or at least we can find one in the perm collection.

There are probably a few things that stand out such as the coral and pastel pink l/g and l/s but thats about it really. And as far as pigments go, I have a dupe of stars and rockets from Milani and an exact dupe of Pink Pearl from B.E. So I know I won't be needing Pink Pearl. And I don't have any interest in the glitters as I have the ones from the Holiday collection and then some which I hardly ever use.

The trios look bland. :\ And there are much better colors in the perm collection.

The dual edge pencils seem interesting. Especially the black/turquoise one. But $16.50? hmmmm idk.

shellyshells

I got to skin test this collection in person today........
love.gif

The trios are <3....The lippies are <3 <3...The beauty powders are also <3 <3 <3

I just can't decide between Smooth Harmony/Alpha Girl or Eversun/Joyous

And I don't usually care for the nail colors but I'm tempted!
th_sign_woot.gif

polobear45

Well just my two cents ,I am NC-43 and I use smooth harmony beauty powder as a touch up or regular powder . I love it and cannot wait for it to come out again with this collection .
greengrin.gif

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshells
I got to skin test this collection in person today........
love.gif

The trios are <3....The lippies are <3 <3...The beauty powders are also <3 <3 <3

I just can't decide between Smooth Harmony/Alpha Girl or Eversun/Joyous

And I don't usually care for the nail colors but I'm tempted!
th_sign_woot.gif

hi
smiles.gif
so flesh pot and melrose...look like they can work for ladies that have some type of warm/yellow/golden/olive skin tone???...because it looked weird on the olive girl that swatched it on her lips...like it was tooooooooooooooooo cool for even her
th_dunno.gif
I wanted all the lippies and lipglosses until I seen the products on her.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
After much debating, I don't think I am going to get much from this collection.

It looks fun and sexy but lets be honest here, most of us probably have dupes of some of the things in this collection. Right? Or at least we can find one in the perm collection.

There are probably a few things that stand out such as the coral and pastel pink l/g and l/s but thats about it really. And as far as pigments go, I have a dupe of stars and rockets from Milani and an exact dupe of Pink Pearl from B.E. So I know I won't be needing Pink Pearl. And I don't have any interest in the glitters as I have the ones from the Holiday collection and then some which I hardly ever use.

The trios look bland. :\ And there are much better colors in the perm collection.

The dual edge pencils seem interesting. Especially the black/turquoise one. But $16.50? hmmmm idk.

I must have been drunk when I said this.
lol.gif

j/k. Well after seeing it, drooling over it, and swatching it, I am IN LOVE.
greengrin.gif

kaneda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArtistFauryn
Ladies don't sleep on this collection - I had a training last week and got to play with it... I don't have any of the items in my possession just yet but when I do......
winks.gif

Thats good enough for me!! I bought the fafi eyes 2 because of you and love it, so if you say don't sleep on it, then I won't sleep on it!
lol.gif
greengrin.gif

However, I'm not excited about this collection yet though, and I'm really NOT liking the packaging.

lilchocolatema

UPDATE

Okay...so I did the videos about the collection...and I think I am a hypocrite.
ssad.gif
I tried on all of the lips...most of them are kinda scary on me!! I am NOT a fan of using colors in moderation, dabbing a bit here and there, slightly using it, mixing, etc. I had to do that with most of the colors. When I put a color on, I want to be able to use it full coverage or sheer coverage, having options!! I think I am going to re-do the videos because I look disgusted when I try on a bunch of them. Whatever the case, the video will be live on Wednesday. Still LOVE the collection and the concept, but I think I do like Fafi more, as far as versatility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Please, please don't overlook this collection! I signed a contract saying that I can't give out any information on this collection yet, BUT I've seen it and played with it and I liked it 10x MORE than Fafi.
whistle.gif
I've already created a tutorial and a few post on my blog about it (haven't released them yet though, clearly), and the day that I'm aloud to give y'all the scoop, I will!!! I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

dominichulinda

i knew the lip product wouldnt look right w/ out tweeking here and there (like i'm now doing w/ my 3n lipstick)

I mentioned it to two other beauty bloggers on their site and no answer and that was a couple of weeks ago

as soon as i seen the swatches on that olive skin chick w/ the colors on her lips I was like "nopes!!"..it looks "yikes"!!

shellyshells

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
hi
smiles.gif
so flesh pot and melrose...look like they can work for ladies that have some type of warm/yellow/golden/olive skin tone???...because it looked weird on the olive girl that swatched it on her lips...like it was tooooooooooooooooo cool for even her
th_dunno.gif
I wanted all the lippies and lipglosses until I seen the products on her.

hmmm I liked Fleshpot more than Melrose Mood.... all the lipglasses look great on my NC40ish skin though
love.gif

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshells
hmmm I liked Fleshpot more than Melrose Mood.... all the lipglasses look great on my NC40ish skin though
love.gif

well I think thats all I want ...I think the l/s wont look good because its too "cool tone".

dominichulinda

Quote:
iwell I think thats all I want ...I think the l/s wont look good because its too "cool tone".

this is how 3n l/s looks on me ...which remind me of how melrose would look :/

blueeyes.png

i think the l/g would go for any complexion my fav l/g is 1n which looks like bonus beats??

lilchocolatema

Girl your skin is BANGIN!!!!!
thmbup.gif
Makeup looks pretty too!

Quote:
this is how 3n l/s looks on me ...which remind me of how melrose would look :/

blueeyes.png

i think the l/g would go for any complexion my fav l/g is 1n which looks like bonus beats??

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Girl your skin is BANGIN!!!!!
thmbup.gif
Makeup looks pretty too!

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!...that means alot coming from you
smiles.gif

DominicanBarbie

Dominichulinda I happen to like how 3n looks on you. Although I think MelroseMood will look more bubblegum pink and less nude pink if you get what I mean.I think Melrose Mood will kind of look like snob lipstick by Mac which I love

Danapotter

I love the Heatherette collection. I have very pigmented lips and these lipglasses knocked my socks off!

I bought Bonus Beat and Sock Hop, but hopefully in a week I can buy the other two at this seminar!
yahoo.gif

Even the beauty powders, when used properly are WOC friendly! This collection is amazing for us!
greengrin.gif

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicanBarbie
Dominichulinda I happen to like how 3n looks on you. Although I think MelroseMood will look more bubblegum pink and less nude pink if you get what I mean.I think Melrose Mood will kind of look like snob lipstick by Mac which I love

thanks for the info mama <333333

because I really wanted all the lippies from this collection...but all will tell when the big day comes!!!
smiles.gif