Help an Asian girl out with some eyeliners pretty please???

darkishstar

So I'm on a hunt for eyeliner that will STAY on me, not smear away, smudge away, or anything. But is matte in texture, because I have found some that work, but they are always glittery. Or they're liquid, and I don't want to fumble with liquid if I'm in a hurry in the morning.

Stuff that works for many people that don't have Asian eyes unfortunately don't work for me. I wish I could have what you guys have in that Fluidline stays, UD 24/7's work.. but I think it's the way our eyelids fold that our lids constantly rub against our eyelid, that smears everything away, with oils as well. Nothing seems to stay on my waterline either.

So far what has failed (even with urban decay primer potion on)
-UD 24/7's
-MAC Powerpoints
-MAC Fluidline
-Eyeshadows as liners fail as well
-L'oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Liner
-Setting fluidline with eyeshadow

What has worked:
-MAC Pearlglide liners
-MAC Liquidlast liners (this stuff is too scary and high maintenance to use everyday though!)
-Urban Decay Liquid liner
-MAC Shadesticks (But discontinued, and too thick to use as liner most days)

What I want to try (tell me your experiences with any of these products!)
-Urban Decay Ink For Eyes (these just came out and look promising!)
-MUFE Creme Liner
-Bobbi Brown Gel Liner
-MUFE Aqua Eyes

I'm open to everyone's suggestions, Asian or not, because I know a lot of people out there have oily lids, but the best advice I guess would come from Asians with oily lids + the eyelid, since it really makes a difference! Go for it, gimme your thoughts and ideas on what I should try and anything you have used that works!

Thanks!

ladyJ

I'm Asian and I use blacktrack fluidline. It stays in place for me. I too have oily lids and I have monolids so the skin does flap over on my eyes. I have also liked revlon colorstay eyeliner in blackest black. That eyeliner works well and is on the cheaper side. I haven't tried the ones you are looking at so I'm sorry I can't help you on reviews about those.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
I'm Asian and I use blacktrack fluidline. It stays in place for me. I too have oily lids and I have monolids so the skin does flap over on my eyes. I have also liked revlon colorstay eyeliner in blackest black. That eyeliner works well and is on the cheaper side. I haven't tried the ones you are looking at so I'm sorry I can't help you on reviews about those.

Oh, maybe I just have impossible eyelids then.
ssad.gif

I actually have tried Revlon Colorstay in Bronze Flash or something like that, that didn't stay on me either.
ssad.gif

fallenang3l211

powerpoint engraved has worked the best for me, i've used it for yearssss.. i'm using that with penultimate in rapid black. the only mac liner that has given failed on me is mac's liquid liner in bootblack
ssad.gif

chocolategoddes

I was just about to rec MUFE aqua eyes. That stuff does not come off and the colors are beautiful!
Just be sure to out a primer like UDPP and then set it with a powder. Hopefully that will stop the oil.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
powerpoint engraved has worked the best for me, i've used it for yearssss.. i'm using that with penultimate in rapid black. the only mac liner that has given failed on me is mac's liquid liner in bootblack
ssad.gif

Powerpint in engraved has actually been one of the worst eyeliners on me.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I was just about to rec MUFE aqua eyes. That stuff does not come off and the colors are beautiful!
Just be sure to out a primer like UDPP and then set it with a powder. Hopefully that will stop the oil.

What powder would you recommend?

mackittyx3

i opt for mac fluidline, i usually use a mac paint pot under it and doesn't budge. but i've been wanting to try aqua eyes foreeeever~

kittykit

I'm an Asian and Fluidline Blacktrack is my favourite eyeliner and it never smudges/creases on me. I also like UD 24/7 and MUFE Aqua Eyes. I only use waterproof eyeliners because I've problems with watery eyes. So far, these eyeliners work great on me. You should definitely give Aqua Eyes a try
smiles.gif

celestia

I use MAC fluidline over a TSFI base and set it with translucent powder. I then go over it with a kohl liner.

Pre-fluidline in my inventory, I would prime, then apply kohl liner and would line some black waterproof mascara over it. I don't quite have 'monolids' (despite being asian) but as bizarre as it sounds, it actually works better than my current setup. The only reason i have my current line up is due to my mascara tubes drying out prematurely from the constant use.

tokidoki1825

I also have an incredibly hard time getting liners to try on (I'm not Asian, but something about my lower lash line is just an eyeliner dissolver), and my #1 recommendations are MUFE Aqua eyes, which doesn't smudge even under my eyes for 8-10 hours usually (and I don't even set it). I recommend doing a thin line and smudging it so it really "grabs" your skin.

I also really like the knew L'oreal HIP Chrome eyeliners, which I find to be very similar to MUFE Aqua Eyes in texture (they don't sit on the skin and slide like Ud 24/7 and MAC, they seem to really grab it somehow) and have similar lasting power of 8-10 hours. They're $9 each I think, and sometimes on buy one get one 50% off sales. HTH!

Also, this is a question -- I'm surprised pearlglide worked, what is it like? Does it really stay that well?

ginger9

I'm asian with hooded lids but not monolid, so I did have problems with smudging before I found what worked for me. Fluidliner are the best so far. I find that a drier consistency works best to keep smudges away. A fresh jar smudged more on me than now that I've had it for over a year. Also it help when you don't apply too much product at once, because from my experience if it's thick it will smudge more easily.

Also I tried BB Gel liners. On me they smudged more than the fluidliners. HTH

ForgetRegret

I have super oily lids, but fluidline over UDPP works well for me...have you tried setting it with a shadow to help it stay? I'll sometimes set my blacktrack with carbon shadow, or blitz n glitz with beauty marked, and it really holds up well. Even if this isn't your every day look, maybe it can help get some use out of your fluidlines.
greengrin.gif
HTH!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
I have super oily lids, but fluidline over UDPP works well for me...have you tried setting it with a shadow to help it stay? I'll sometimes set my blacktrack with carbon shadow, or blitz n glitz with beauty marked, and it really holds up well. Even if this isn't your every day look, maybe it can help get some use out of your fluidlines.
greengrin.gif
HTH!

Setting it with eyeshadow doesn't work for me either unfortunately.

I have tried everything I can to get fluidline to work on me, but it always always ends up above my crease eventually.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Setting it with eyeshadow doesn't work for me either unfortunately.

I have tried everything I can to get fluidline to work on me, but it always always ends up above my crease eventually.

Boooo...that sucks.
ssad.gif
Well, I'm gonna go with everyone else, then...AquaEyes. LOL

MarsG

I have oily lids and find that indelible gel eyeliners work pretty well. MMU companies such as Mad Minerals and Aromaleigh sell them. I got mine from another company that offers pre-buys from time to time for slightly lower prices. Mad Minerals sells them for only USD 8.99 while Aromaleigh sells for USD 12.75 so they´re not really very expensive. Worth a try. Black Cherry is a gorgeous shade.

RedRibbon

I have oily lids and usually when the eyeliner smudges it makes my lids look really dirty (this happens within about 2 hours, if that).

The one I've found the best for me was Bobbi Brown's gel liner, it's so smooth and easy to work with, once you get the hang of the brush which comes with it. The brush isn't Bobbi's finest work, it's ok if you want a thick line but I've got small eyes so a thick line doesn't help and using the brush on it's side produces uneven results. I've been using an angled brush with it and it's worked great...it stays on for ages, I've used it before without a base and have been caught on a sweltering tube, walked for ages in the sun and it hasn't smudged or anything. It's totally worth the money. I've been using it since March non stop, every day and when I shut it, you can't even tell it's been used. The actual gel looks a bit lumpy now as it would but it applies very very smooth and is a proper dark black which is nice.

I would recommend this as it truly is long lasting.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I Love MUFE Aqua eyes. The pencils are great and they have a pot of black liner that is exactly like the pencils. It's fantastic as a base for a smoky eye look or lining. And the lines don't move once they are set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Boooo...that sucks.
ssad.gif
Well, I'm gonna go with everyone else, then...AquaEyes. LOL

Okay, so far these sound the most promising, I'm going to have to try one of these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsG
I have oily lids and find that indelible gel eyeliners work pretty well. MMU companies such as Mad Minerals and Aromaleigh sell them. I got mine from another company that offers pre-buys from time to time for slightly lower prices. Mad Minerals sells them for only USD 8.99 while Aromaleigh sells for USD 12.75 so they´re not really very expensive. Worth a try. Black Cherry is a gorgeous shade.

Oh? That sounds awesome, I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
I have oily lids and usually when the eyeliner smudges it makes my lids look really dirty (this happens within about 2 hours, if that).

The one I've found the best for me was Bobbi Brown's gel liner, it's so smooth and easy to work with, once you get the hang of the brush which comes with it. The brush isn't Bobbi's finest work, it's ok if you want a thick line but I've got small eyes so a thick line doesn't help and using the brush on it's side produces uneven results. I've been using an angled brush with it and it's worked great...it stays on for ages, I've used it before without a base and have been caught on a sweltering tube, walked for ages in the sun and it hasn't smudged or anything. It's totally worth the money. I've been using it since March non stop, every day and when I shut it, you can't even tell it's been used. The actual gel looks a bit lumpy now as it would but it applies very very smooth and is a proper dark black which is nice.

I would recommend this as it truly is long lasting.

Maybe once my fluidline runs out, I'll give this a try and see if it works for me or not. I've heard mixed reviews, so maybe I'll just have to see for myself! Thanks for the suggestion.

anita22

If liquid liner seems to work for you but is too much of a hassle, perhaps try the liquid kind that comes in a felt pen type of applicator? ELF's Waterproof Eyeliner Pen lasts really well on me (oily lids), it's pretty much exactly like MAC's Penultimate liner only the tip is slightly wider (it's a heck of a lot cheaper though). For $1, it might be worth testing?

Latest posts