Help an Asian girl out with some eyeliners pretty please???

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
If liquid liner seems to work for you but is too much of a hassle, perhaps try the liquid kind that comes in a felt pen type of applicator? ELF's Waterproof Eyeliner Pen lasts really well on me (oily lids), it's pretty much exactly like MAC's Penultimate liner only the tip is slightly wider (it's a heck of a lot cheaper though). For $1, it might be worth testing?

I'll look into it, though preferably, I'd rather not play with liners. The L'oreal one I tried didn't work well either, even though that was liquid and I read on MUA that it lasted pretty much on everyone.

mistella

I use bobbi brown gel liner and like it a lot... do you use a thin brush? i use a tiny precise straight pencil brush so i know im not using too much excess product. also make sure it completely dries before you look up cuz itll get on your lid (which happens to me sometimes!)

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella
I use bobbi brown gel liner and like it a lot... do you use a thin brush? i use a tiny precise straight pencil brush so i know im not using too much excess product. also make sure it completely dries before you look up cuz itll get on your lid (which happens to me sometimes!)

I use MAC's 209 so my brush is thin.. I wait for it to completely dry too.. maybe I should apply less? I like applying the liner thick on my upper lid though otherwise it won't show when I open my eyes...

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I use MAC's 209 so my brush is thin.. I wait for it to completely dry too.. maybe I should apply less? I like applying the liner thick on my upper lid though otherwise it won't show when I open my eyes...

Get the 210!!!! It's PERFECTION for tightlining, but definitely allows you to apply a thicker line if that's what you're looking for. I bought 5 of those suckers before they discontinued them...and now, thank god, they're back...

chipmunkvoice

Don't even bother trying Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner .... its awful!! MAC Fluidlines are much better in comparison so definitely cross BB off the list! But UD 24/7 were the absolute worst. I was at the UD counter and the MUA was testing a few things on me... by the time she had finished, the eyeliner had already begun to smudge!

I have trouble with liners staying on me too (stupid oily lids!) I think its also the way my eyelid folds as well because my right eye has another crease just above my eyelashes and that is what makes any liner on my right eye smudge off much more than my left.

I've tried layering UDPP, MAC Shadestick then Fluidline and then finally Carbon eyeshadow to set it. That still smears away but thats the method that has worked best and lasted the longest for me. Quite tedious though!

Maybe try that Shelaq from Benefit? I haven't tried it myself but i've read a few reviews about it.

BTW... are you sure its just your liner that leaving smudges? 'Coz for me... after a while my mascara starts leaving smudges at the bottom of my eye.

Argh... difficult eyes.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunkvoice
Don't even bother trying Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner .... its awful!! MAC Fluidlines are much better in comparison so definitely cross BB off the list! But UD 24/7 were the absolute worst. I was at the UD counter and the MUA was testing a few things on me... by the time she had finished, the eyeliner had already begun to smudge!

I have trouble with liners staying on me too (stupid oily lids!) I think its also the way my eyelid folds as well because my right eye has another crease just above my eyelashes and that is what makes any liner on my right eye smudge off much more than my left.

I've tried layering UDPP, MAC Shadestick then Fluidline and then finally Carbon eyeshadow to set it. That still smears away but thats the method that has worked best and lasted the longest for me. Quite tedious though!

Maybe try that Shelaq from Benefit? I haven't tried it myself but i've read a few reviews about it.

BTW... are you sure its just your liner that leaving smudges? 'Coz for me... after a while my mascara starts leaving smudges at the bottom of my eye.

Argh... difficult eyes.

I think we have the same eyelid problem. Yeah, I see on caucasians that can use fluidline, when they open their eyes, the part of the eyelid with the eyeliner NEVER touches the rest of their eye or fold under a crease, so ANYTHING stays on their eyes. But everytime I blink, my eyeliner portion of my eyelid folds under, so it ALWAYS hits something that can smear it eventually.

It's not my mascara, I finally found my HG mascara, a Japanese one which is a bitch to remove, it stays on like iron, so it's not the cause of the smudges unfortunately.

Yeah, the ONLY way I can wear fluidline is when I have other eyeshadows on my eyelid, it doesn't transfer then when I set it with Carbon, but on the days I just want eyeliner and no eyeshadow.. it's near to impossible to keep it from smudging.
ssad.gif

FantaZ

Sigh......I'm in the same boat. I was at Sephora looking for an eyeliner that won't smear on the water line or smudge. Feline and fluidlines won't stay on my waterline and they wear off. I've bought Feline because I heard rave reviews about it but it smudges like crazy on me! I have to clean it up with qtips or accept the crazy look for the night.
thmbdn.gif
I'm going to try the MUFE aqua liners next.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaZ
Sigh......I'm in the same boat. I was at Sephora looking for an eyeliner that won't smear on the water line or smudge. Feline and fluidlines won't stay on my waterline and they wear off. I've bought Feline because I heard rave reviews about it but it smudges like crazy on me! I have to clean it up with qtips or accept the crazy look for the night.
thmbdn.gif
I'm going to try the MUFE aqua liners next.

I KNEW I wasn't the only one! That's also partly the reason I made this thread, it's like.. coping without the perfect liner. I'm hoping it'll help all of us with this problem out and that we can all find a solution together!

bettuna

Give Gosh Liquid Extreme Art Eyeliners a try. Waterproof, comes in gorgeous colours and stays perfectly x) Best of luck in finding the right eyeliner! I was in the same predicament until I discovered Gosh!

cetati

Bobbi Brown's gel liner and MUFE's Aqua liners have been solid rocks for me. When you use UDPP, be light handed and just use a smudge.

Babylard

my friend has tried all eyeliners there is out there.
she reccomends MUFE aqua eyes. i am going to check it out as well.

gigiopolis

I have TERRIBLE smudging problems (maybe not as bad as you though, UD 24/7 usually works on me, but I have to powder over it). I think you should start looking into Japanese brands of eyeliner - the Japanese are the absolute best at making long-wearing anything (I found the only mascara that NEVER smudges on me - and it was Japanese-made).

I'm in Hong Kong right now for vacation so I have access to a lot of Japanese products...I recently bought a "Tattoo" eyeliner by K-Palette that claims to last for 24 hours, housed in a "pen" form kind of like the MAC Penultimate liners. I have yet to give it a try (because I'm always running out the door, and cus I suck balls at applying liquid liner even in a pen form), but I have read several reviews online that are absolutely glowing. The best part is that it's easily removed with a bit of warm water.

I'll give this post an update once I know how it works on me.

mufiend

Quote:
I KNEW I wasn't the only one! That's also partly the reason I made this thread, it's like.. coping without the perfect liner. I'm hoping it'll help all of us with this problem out and that we can all find a solution together!

I hope this can help us all find liners that work! I'm ok with liners on my lids (and I'll second bettuna's GOSH extreme art eyeliner recommendation), but am still on the search for something that'll stay on my waterline. I've tried Feline, UD 24/7, MUFE Aqualiner and GOSH's Kohl liner with no luck.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettuna
Give Gosh Liquid Extreme Art Eyeliners a try. Waterproof, comes in gorgeous colours and stays perfectly x) Best of luck in finding the right eyeliner! I was in the same predicament until I discovered Gosh!

How is the control in application though? I'm awful with any liquid eyeliners.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetati
Bobbi Brown's gel liner and MUFE's Aqua liners have been solid rocks for me. When you use UDPP, be light handed and just use a smudge.

I'll give your suggestion with the UDPP a try! And that's another Aqua liner recommendation! Though, I swatched on at Sephora yesterday, and it took me a couple of tries for any color to show up? Kinda scared me.. seems like it'll hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
my friend has tried all eyeliners there is out there.
she reccomends MUFE aqua eyes. i am going to check it out as well.

Thanks!!!! I'm definitely going to check these out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
I have TERRIBLE smudging problems (maybe not as bad as you though, UD 24/7 usually works on me, but I have to powder over it). I think you should start looking into Japanese brands of eyeliner - the Japanese are the absolute best at making long-wearing anything (I found the only mascara that NEVER smudges on me - and it was Japanese-made).

I'm in Hong Kong right now for vacation so I have access to a lot of Japanese products...I recently bought a "Tattoo" eyeliner by K-Palette that claims to last for 24 hours, housed in a "pen" form kind of like the MAC Penultimate liners. I have yet to give it a try (because I'm always running out the door, and cus I suck balls at applying liquid liner even in a pen form), but I have read several reviews online that are absolutely glowing. The best part is that it's easily removed with a bit of warm water.

I'll give this post an update once I know how it works on me.

Yeah! My mascara is Japanese too. It's amazing! Please let me know how the liquid liner work! I suck balls at liquid liner too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufiend
I hope this can help us all find liners that work! I'm ok with liners on my lids (and I'll second bettuna's GOSH extreme art eyeliner recommendation), but am still on the search for something that'll stay on my waterline. I've tried Feline, UD 24/7, MUFE Aqualiner and GOSH's Kohl liner with no luck.

Okay! I'll check out the Gosh liner.
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

I was meaning to reply to this thread, my friend has really greasy lids and she swears by Ben Nye's cake liner. She said it works really really good on her. There's another brand starting with K, Kyrolan or something which makes a black "substance" (as she described it) which can be used as a liner. She said that doesn't budge.

My male friend went to a fancy dress party and he bought some stage makeup which was really hard to shift, I will get the name of it from him and post it up
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

Quote:
I'll give your suggestion with the UDPP a try! And that's another Aqua liner recommendation! Though, I swatched on at Sephora yesterday, and it took me a couple of tries for any color to show up? Kinda scared me.. seems like it'll hurt.

Ok..it might sound stupid...and it's a really OLD old trick, but if you've got trouble getting the liner color to show up on your lid, quickly pass the liner through a flame to warm it up a bit. I've done it in the past with really cheapo liners (sometimes you just don't have a choice...) that like to drag against your eyelid. The flame trick worked like a charm every time...just don't hold it over the flame too long....you'll get drippy melted eyeliner all over your hands. Ew.
greengrin.gif
GL!

romi79_2008

Same boat here, nothing stays on my waterline no matter how well I set them, I end up looking like a raccoon in a couple of hours. So keep up the ideas ladies, they are welcomed

EmilyIsElectric

I have really oily lids, and for pencil liner I love GOSH velvet touch eyeliner pencils, they're waterproof and do not budge on me.