High waist jeans. Yay or nay?

kalice

Yay,

I like high rise jeans well enough. As long as you pair it with a nice crisp top and shoes for a clean look. I got a lot of influence of the 'modern' clean look of the 80s through my Mom, and I definitely think it's a casual and slightly retro simple look.

It's not for everyone, just like the ultra low-rise doesn't suit everyone either, but I think it can be very nice. Lol, besides, there's no way your underwear would show.

Blondie

Heck no, techno. I don't like the super-low look much either, but anything up to the belly button is too high IMHO. The trend will be OK for skinny girls, but not for girls w/hips... like me =(

ColourDuJour

i wish i could pull off high waist jeans... it could probably hide the little tummy i'm getting (thanks to college caafeteria food! ugh!)... haha

V257912.jpg

I think they're very nice... but would only look good on someone tall and thin
smiles.gif

sassygirl224

it definately depends on the style of pants!!!! i can see it looking better in work pants,like the VS ones, but definately a no in jeans. it gives your butt an elongated droopy look.... grossssssss

Jeannine8

I say Yay.

Okay maybe not necessarily on jeans, but on certain styles of pants, they look great if you can pull them off. I've always been a fan of how high waist pants and skirts look with the right style.

july

I agree that its not pretty when the jeans is too low but high waist is far too high for my taste !!
smiles.gif

So I have to say nay!!!

User49

A BIG NAY! Uck! Don't go there! Some fashion trends are supposed to come and go! Lets hope this one goes sooner than later!
winks.gif

VogueInfection

My mom wears high waisted wal-mart jeans...
and she tries to make me wear them.
:crap:
No one should have to wear those.
When you sit down it gives you an extra roll.

semtexgirl

I think the versions on Gwen & the 2 models look great b/c these women have really slim hips and can pull off this look. They're also wearing fabrics other than denim, which I think makes a world of difference. As for the denim versions, they are just ridiculous on anyone, regardless of body type. Geez, is there any trend Mischa doesn't follow - she looks like a fookin' idiot.

astronaut

Jeans, no. But high waisted trousers and pencil skirts are super sexy. As long as they fit of course.

Latest posts