Highlighting shades

susannef

edit: im sorry didnt realize this thread was in the beauty of color section
smiles.gif

Violet*

The only highlights I have are Nylon, Retrospeck, & Naked Lunch. I love them all, but the ones I use the most are Nylon & Retrospeck.

I'm an NC42

mexicana32

I use Revlon Color Stay´s White Whisper, but I´m looking for another one... Some recommendation
hmm.gif
(I´m NC30)??...I don't like anything too shimmery

mishameesh

I use All That Glitters, Naked Lunch, Gleam, Woodwinked, Retrospeck.

That concealer idea is interesting. I'm NC42 anyway, what shade concealer should I get for my browbone? thanks!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYGIRL26
Shroom, Naked Lunch, Malt,and Hush.

Ooh! I appreciate you mentioning Malt, because I've got that in some MAC eye pallet from last winter (I think it was) and I was like WTF? What am I going to do with this? And strangely, it never occurred to me to try it as a browbone highlighter!

priss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
Do you find Nylon to be too frosty and light on darker skintone? I've never used it on myself or anyone else.
hmm.gif

every friend i have swears by nylon. i have tried to use it 50 times and it is indeed too much for my browbone. i think its the yellow in it because i can wear shroom. the best i can give nylon is my lids and on my face for undereye highlighting if i use a light hand and a 188 brush.

for a matte- blanc type e/slooks great because my concealer keeps it from being too white looking.

for highlighting in colors outside of the neutral/brown family i use:
gorgeous gold, all of the MES's, pen-n-pink, yougurt, paradisco, expensive pink, vex, tilt, fade, beautiful iris, velum to name a few.

also consider multi-purposing. bamboon and architecture paint look great. indian wood and soft ochre paint pots are really pretty as brow highlights. for a soft shimmer i sometimes use sunsparked pearl and pearl blossom beauty powders as a brow highlight applied w/ a #252 brush

hth!

damsel

naked lunch = love. subtle pigment & metal-x cream shadow in cyber (applied lightly) are also nice.

MacArtistFauryn

I will use almost any and everything....

Trace Gold is one of my all time favs, Fawntastic CCB, Nanogold e/s, Mineralize Skinfinish in Med.Dark, Studio finish NC42 or NW40, I've also been known to use studio fix in various shades as a highlight...

of course my old faithfuls:
Arena
Retrospeck
Vanilla (pigment)
Motif
Provence (pigment)

RaynelleM

I use Ricepaper, Brule, Naked Lunch and Nylon most of the time but have also used Chill, Goldmine, Da Bling, Expensive Pink, Amber Lights, Electra and CCB Luna depending on the look I'm trying to achieve.
I've tried using Retrospeck and Honey Lust but their textures seem a little too chunky/sparkly for the brow area to me.

Purplegloss9

Hi I'm an NC50..i was just introduce to Era (satin) at the MAC counter.....and cant put it down...it looks so natural with still the hightlighting umph yu need...and my all time fav is Soba....

Im scared of the shimmery "frosty white" look so i tend to go toward the muted but still gives highlight shades.

neonbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegloss9
Hi I'm an NC50..i was just introduce to Era (satin) at the MAC counter.....and cant put it down...it looks so natural with still the hightlighting umph yu need...and my all time fav is Soba....

Im scared of the shimmery "frosty white" look so i tend to go toward the muted but still gives highlight shades.

Girl I am going to order now, I have a haul saved on Mac online now. I have been using to different paint pots for my highlight and now I know I found two shadows.