Holiday '07 Product Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartp

hi,
WWD just reported that MAC is planning new limited edition scents.
More details are available in the meantime (source : http://beyondbeautybasics.com/color/...and-fragrance/)

here is the summary of the thinks that will get all of us camping in front of MAC stores:

- MAC’s Stylistics wont hit counters until November 29th
- This is a total couture collection with gem-encrusted compacts and luxurious powders
- The price point is high for MAC but when you want the “It” collection, you know you may have to pay a higher price.
- bottle looks like a teardrop and is hand-blown in Murano, Italy.
- fragrance is a “baroque floral.” The notes are topped with red dates, wild red peonies, and island cypress and white pepper, a center of tuberose absolute, orange blossom, jasmine, ylang-ylang and orris, and then you dry down to the leather rear woods, vetiver, tonka beans and amber crystals.
- The collection is only going to be available MAC stores, Henri Bendel, Saks Fifth Avenue, and select Nordstrom locations, a total 175 locations.

Quote:
MAC, Kors Plan Limited Edition Scents

Friday, August 24, 2007

By Julie Naughton

The fragrance world is borrowing a page from fashion's book — and positioning limited edition scents as the "It" bag equivalent in beauty.

Over the past several years, fragrance brands — especially those created with fashion designers — have been building, or reinforcing, brand equity by adding flanker fragrances to established franchises. Now, several are taking that one step further by creating limited edition flankers — ushering in a "must-buy-now" sentiment, or so the companies hope.

source

claresauntie

Re: MAC : limited edition smell in the air

I don't think anyone who is not a (paid) subscriber can read the whole article.

Is this really a collaboration with Michael Kors!?!?

bartp

Re: MAC : limited edition smell in the air

I'm afraid I'm not a paying subscriber either. Otherwise I'd be happy to post the entire contents.... I just hoped that I could set the ball rolling this way.

The title is a bit confusing if you ask me. The way I interpreted it, .. I thought Mac and Kors where going along with the 'limited edition' trend. But it didn't seem to me like there would be some form of collaboration.

I don't have any more I'm afraid...but that's what this place is for :)... some juice gossip... some speculation... and of course the impatience of not knowing what the fragrance will be :)

tinagrzela

New Fragrance from MAC!!

Here is what I found on a beauty website:

MAC is releasing it's limited edition Air of Style Perfume - $60 - in November. Only 3000 units of the fragrance will be made. It is part of the Stylistics Collection for holiday.

zbouska

Antiquitease, Stylistics Holiday '07 Discussion

Does Anyone Have Any Idea What This Christmas Is All About, And How It Looks...

I Heard It Is Very Marie Antoinette?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Re: Antiquitease Christmas '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbouska
Does Anyone Have Any Idea What This Christmas Is All About, And How It Looks...

I Heard It Is Very Marie Antoinette?

Meaning fake moles? Classic red rouge? When I think of Marie Antoinette I think of large powdered wigs. I'm confused MAC.
hmm.gif

flowerhead

Probably some 'antique' khaki/bronze/gold eyeshadows and red coppery lipstick...yawn

sleepyhead

i found a video here. it shows the outside of a palette towards the end, and i THINK it is probably for holiday 2007. looks so pretty!
here's a screenshot from the video
1.JPG

BadPrincess

Thanks for sharing the video
thmbup.gif

I took a screenshot of this collection, looks like double shadows (maybe more mineralize Duos? ) & new pigments.
Also the blue used in the video... maybe parrot that was said to be coming back???
MACFALL.jpg

mzreyes

that pallette looks a bit old lady'ish, but i still want it!!

Janice

Pertinent screenshots from the Fall/Winter '07 trends video.

holiday_07.jpg

holiday_07_2.jpg

holiday_07_3.jpg

holiday_07_4.jpg

holiday_07_5.jpg

holiday_07_6.jpg

holiday_07_7.jpg

holiday_07_8.jpg

holiday_07_9.jpg

One thing I have to say is... Beauty of Color... MAC is definetly hearing you!
greengrin.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

OMG... that palette looks like Juicy Couture old Rococco (the art movement, not the collection) type stuff!! =DDDDD Omg that's so mine, mine, mine, mine!

HOTasFCUK

I wait all year long for the Christmas collections (the mini gift sets, the palettes, etc.!) It's looking good! Yeah new pigments!!!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Ooooooo if that is the Holiday Palette, than this might be the first one I break down and buy. Also if you look at the big screen shots behind the model after the palette picture you see promo pics that look very French Revolution-esque, so maybe this the theme of the Holiday Collection, or maybe the one before it (late November/early December) which seems more likely because when have the Christmas palettes and collections ever been this trendy?

I'm excited!!!
cheerleader.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i found a video here. it shows the outside of a palette towards the end, and i THINK it is probably for holiday 2007. looks so pretty!
here's a screenshot from the video
1.JPG

Juneplum

jawdrop.gif
oh my GAWD! that palette is GORGEOUS!!!! oh yes.. i can feel my DH's pain now
lmao.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.