Hourglass Cosmetics

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Never fear!! The #teamlowbuy
boxing.gif
and
cheerleader.gif
are here to fight with you and cheer for you! We would never leave you to fend for yourself!
And we will celebrate your successes with a #teamlowbuy dance party!!
party.gif
girlhaha.gif

PixieDancer

Went to UPS office shortly after they opened at 10am . I was like the 12th person in line but it was so worth it!!! I got my Mood Exposure and I am not able to say much except my luck has changed for the better and I am happy. Hey, Veronikawithak! Craving more now, what to do and which other ones ? Where is my fellow team mates when I need them the most ? Lol
We're here, we're here! I 2nd what Vwithak and AudreyC said! Use the one you have but hold off on any new orders for now. Wait for the next 20% off sale and by then you'll really know which ones (if any) are must haves. Even T said that several look the same on her cheeks... So obviously they aren't all super unique must haves. Let the hype die down & more honest feelings will surface that aren't overwhelmed w the burden of buying the must have item of the moment! Let us know how you like ME!!!

PixieDancer

I'm very disappointed to hear how you were treated elegantone!!! NOT cool at all! I agree society has taken a plunge into the pitiful world of the entitled, spoiled, and disrespectful. There are no "friendly skies" and the customer is RARELY ever right! Its sad. But you ladies and gents give me faith! I hope you all have 20 kids that you are raising w your wisdom... Its our only hope! My son holds doors for people everyday... The older ladies just rave at his manners. I like to tell them that he's doing what he's SUPPOSED to do... If a young man ISNT doing that... He should be reprimanded. Don't over praise what's right. Just return the politeness w politeness. A thank you is all that's required! Who's raising boys not to hold doors?! Mines been doing it since he was 3!!!!

josephine90

I tried LF today and it's really pretty! It's pigmented as well on my nc20 skin. Now I have to stop myself from getting more! I haven't tried DH yet, maybe tomoro.

Audrey C

My son holds doors for people everyday... The older ladies just rave at his manners. I like to tell them that he's doing what he's SUPPOSED to do... If a young man ISNT doing that... He should be reprimanded. Don't over praise what's right. Just return the politeness w politeness. A thank you is all that's required! Who's raising boys not to hold doors?! Mines been doing it since he was 3!!!!
I don't think I've ever emphasized holding doors to my son because he's male; I've taught all three of mine to hold the door for the person behind them because it's common courtesy. Same with getting your healthy young butt out of a seat pronto for someone who needs it more.

I did send my son out last week to shovel the neighbour's driveway before they were up; our neighbour just had his hip replaced and I knew he'd be out there trying to do it. He whined a bit (it's been really freaking cold), but he got his 6'1" 17 year-old ass out there and dug nonetheless. Probably decided it was better than getting the full lecture and then STILL having to dig.
yesmaster.gif

veronikawithak

I don't think I've ever emphasized holding doors to my son because he's male; I've taught all three of mine to hold the door for the person behind them because it's common courtesy. Same with getting your healthy young butt out of a seat pronto for someone who needs it more.

I did send my son out last week to shovel the neighbour's driveway before they were up; our neighbour just had his hip replaced and I knew he'd be out there trying to do it. He whined a bit (it's been really freaking cold), but he got his 6'1" 17 year-old ass out there and dug nonetheless. Probably decided it was better than getting the full lecture and then STILL having to dig.
yesmaster.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by PixieDancer

I'm very disappointed to hear how you were treated elegantone!!! NOT cool at all! I agree society has taken a plunge into the pitiful world of the entitled, spoiled, and disrespectful.
There are no "friendly skies" and the customer is RARELY ever right! Its sad. But you ladies and gents give me faith! I hope you all have 20 kids that you are raising w your wisdom... Its our only hope!
My son holds doors for people everyday... The older ladies just rave at his manners. I like to tell them that he's doing what he's SUPPOSED to do... If a young man ISNT doing that... He should be reprimanded. Don't over praise what's right. Just return the politeness w politeness. A thank you is all that's required! Who's raising boys not to hold doors?! Mines been doing it since he was 3!!!!
You ladies are truly doing the world a service! Thank you for not taking the easy way out as a parent.. I wish there were a billion more of you!

elegant-one

I love you & that well-mannered son! Its extremely rare. Absolutely agree with you 100%^^^ I'm so bad that a lot of times I just give a 'teaching remark' back to the ill-manned
amuse.gif

I'm proud to say that I raised a well behaved, socially responsible, hard working young man too. It really pays off when they get older.
I still haven't responded to the Hourglass CS chick. I will be crafting a lovely response
greengrin.gif
I never would have imagined that their response would have been what it was.

My daughter-in-law & I were texting about the shades. She loves the poppy one. So cute getting to chat with her about them.

th_kiss.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, I asked because I talked with CS last week. The first gal that I talked with was so nice & totally apologetic & said that they should have much more blush in them. She said they do look just like the promo
icon_eek.gif
& if they don't something is wrong with that batch. She said that they try to spot check for things like that in the products. She said she was actually holding one that looked like the promo. She said the company needed to make it right because the product should not look like that. I told her that I hadn't seen one that looked like the promo shot.

So, she took my name & number & said she would have the person in charge at CS ( who was supposedly in a meeting) contact me later that day...well, no one called. I called the next day & got to talk to the head CS lady & it was weird...first she said, whatever, I guess I was in a meeting if thats what she said, & then laughs...Huh??? She doesn't hardly even listen to me but then takes my email...I send them the pic of the 3...she said the team will look at them & get back with me....late last night I got a very unapologetic email saying that that is how they are supposed to be & more color may pop out as they are used. And, if I am unhappy with the blushes & should just return them to Sephora...matter of fact no sorry, especially since this is your first purchase from hourglass..nothing.

I told her the first time I spoke with her that I loved the blushes, I just simply wanted more blush area - like the promo. I guess she didn't pay any attention to that. I was a little shocked at her last response & have not responded back to her. Maybe she will change her tune when Sephora gets all the returns
fool.gif
Ugh. You reminded me that the only time I dealt with their HO, I wrote to them and asked if I could be put on their press list so that I could talk about new or upcoming releases on my blog. They wrote me back simply "we don't ship to Canada". Struck me as rude and also stupid. It's not like people from outside Canada can't read the blog. And they are distributed in Canada through Sephora. I guess they're about product, not people skills...

User38

Elegant, that is terrible CS.. totally uncalled for and rude. So sorry you are going thru that.

as for the rest of the ladies on this thread and many others, I am proud to know you -- if only online because you seem like really lovely level headed women.

heart.gif

elegant-one

Ugh. You reminded me that the only time I dealt with their HO, I wrote to them and asked if I could be put on their press list so that I could talk about new or upcoming releases on my blog. They wrote me back simply "we don't ship to Canada". Struck me as rude and also stupid. It's not like people from outside Canada can't read the blog. And they are distributed in Canada through Sephora. I guess they're about product, not people skills...
icon_eek.gif
That is unbelievable & yes, really stupid! Geesh, I wonder if it was the same cs person. You would think they would want as much press as they could get. wow

User38

icon_eek.gif
That is unbelievable & yes, really stupid! Geesh, I wonder if it was the same cs person. You would think they would want as much press as they could get. wow
I don't think companies with poor people skills will survive the future -- it takes a winning combo of good products, great service and people skills as well as an excellent network of promotional information.

Knope2012

yesmaster.gif
I agree that door holding is about common courtesy instead of gender. I always hold the door for people behind me and I always thank anyone holding the door open for me. That was a great gesture for your son to shovel your neighbor's driveway. Little acts of kindness like that can mean so much! My former neighbor used to always scrape off my icy car windows if he was leaving early in the morning, and it meant a lot to me.

I tried Luminous Flush today and I really like it! I found it to be very pigmented on my NC20 skin. I actually had to go back in and buff it out so that it woudn't be too bright. I think I will pick up one or two more of these, but I'm in no rush as I got a few new blushes this week.

BriarRose

Does anyone think ME could be too warm for my fair cooltoned skin?
I'm not sure Naynadine! I know it is definitely not going to work for me at NW5. Maybe you can get away with it since you are not quite as pale as I am.

This blush release is another big ol' bust for me. Really disappointed that only one of them is cool toned. My wallet thanks them though. I'm aiming to get Ethereal Glow when they are released in stores this month. That should look nice on me. I like the ambient lighting powders that I have almost as much as my favorite MAC face products, so the investment is good for me.

MACina

I'm not sure Naynadine! I know it is definitely not going to work for me at NW5. Maybe you can get away with it since you are not quite as pale as I am.

This blush release is another big ol' bust for me. Really disappointed that only one of them is cool toned. My wallet thanks them though. I'm aiming to get Ethereal Glow when they are released in stores this month. That should look nice on me. I like the ambient lighting powders that I have almost as much as my favorite MAC face products, so the investment is good for me.
I will get that you too
heart.gif

And I agree with you...I really wish more of them were cool toned
sigh.gif

MACina

Well, I asked because I talked with CS last week. The first gal that I talked with was so nice & totally apologetic & said that they should have much more blush in them. She said they do look just like the promo
icon_eek.gif
& if they don't something is wrong with that batch. She said that they try to spot check for things like that in the products. She said she was actually holding one that looked like the promo. She said the company needed to make it right because the product should not look like that. I told her that I hadn't seen one that looked like the promo shot.

So, she took my name & number & said she would have the person in charge at CS ( who was supposedly in a meeting) contact me later that day...well, no one called. I called the next day & got to talk to the head CS lady & it was weird...first she said, whatever, I guess I was in a meeting if thats what she said, & then laughs...Huh??? She doesn't hardly even listen to me but then takes my email...I send them the pic of the 3...she said the team will look at them & get back with me....late last night I got a very unapologetic email saying that that is how they are supposed to be & more color may pop out as they are used. And, if I am unhappy with the blushes & should just return them to Sephora...matter of fact no sorry, especially since this is your first purchase from hourglass..nothing.

I told her the first time I spoke with her that I loved the blushes, I just simply wanted more blush area - like the promo. I guess she didn't pay any attention to that. I was a little shocked at her last response & have not responded back to her. Maybe she will change her tune when Sephora gets all the returns
fool.gif

That is unbelievable....I am sorry this happened to you, Elegant
ssad.gif

MaryJane

I was wrong about being able to build up the color on my Dim Infusion - the the one I received had much more powder than blush. I tried yesterday and no matter how layers I put on, it wasn't buildable. It probably didn't help that it's such a light color to begin with. No way is this anywhere near the coral, they describe it to be. Back to Sephora it went.

IMO, I think there are some quality control issues with this blush. Given the type of product it is, I wouldn't expect them to be identical but I've seen big differences in the amount of blush/powder in the same colors!

This has been a big disappointment to me. On the bright side, I consoled myself by picking up a bunch of stuff from the Nars Spring collection. I'm adding my comments in that thread.

PixieDancer

I don't think I've ever emphasized holding doors to my son because he's male; I've taught all three of mine to hold the door for the person behind them because it's common courtesy. Same with getting your healthy young butt out of a seat pronto for someone who needs it more. I did send my son out last week to shovel the neighbour's driveway before they were up; our neighbour just had his hip replaced and I knew he'd be out there trying to do it. He whined a bit (it's been really freaking cold), but he got his 6'1" 17 year-old ass out there and dug nonetheless. Probably decided it was better than getting the full lecture and then STILL having to dig. :master:
Oh I didn't mean to imply it was only important to emphasize door holding to males exclusively... It's just that is what I have in my home. And I feel it's very important to make it part of their everyday behaviors. I think society has lower expectations for that more than ever nowadays. When I held doors for people as a child/young person I received polite thank you's... Not gushing praise. That just tells me it's not commonplace today, and to me that is sad! It's important to stress and instill good manners in youth regardless of gender. Sorry if my post was misread. As for your 17 year old & that shovel... Bravo for that! Good parenting & good intentions will pay off big time!! As a fellow parent, I thank you (and all parents) for the hard work they are doing trying to raise respectful, good hearted children in this tough world!!
You ladies are truly doing the world a service! Thank you for not taking the easy way out as a parent.. I wish there were a billion more of you!
Aww thanks hun! I'm not going to say it's easy... But the payoff is the best reward. I'm so proud of my son everyday... The satisfaction I get out of watching him grow is better than any new blush (believe it or not! Lol)!!!
I love you & that well-mannered son! Its extremely rare. Absolutely agree with you 100%^^^ I'm so bad that a lot of times I just give a 'teaching remark' back to the ill-manned :amused: I'm proud to say that I raised a well behaved, socially responsible, hard working young man too. It really pays off when they get older. I still haven't responded to the Hourglass CS chick. I will be crafting a lovely response :D I never would have imagined that their response would have been what it was. My daughter-in-law & I were texting about the shades. She loves the poppy one. So cute getting to chat with her about them. :kiss:
I'm blushing!! I do my best! And I tip my hat to you for raising a good boy as well... And now that he's a man he will most definitely pass that on to his children... Which is really what it's all about! "Fellow Mom" hugs for you little lady!! As for the CS woman... I would like to be a fly on the wall when she reads your response!! No one can get notes on their account like elegant!! She doesn't even know! Don't get in a battle of wits without the goods dear CS girl!! And awwwww about the DiL makeup bonding!! So adorable. My mom uses a CG blush and gets irritated even talking about cosmetics... Heehee
Elegant, that is terrible CS.. totally uncalled for and rude.  So sorry you are going thru that. as for the rest of the ladies on this thread and many others, I am proud to know you -- if only online because you seem like really lovely level headed women. :heart:
Ditto to you missy!! Few bring a smile to my face like seeing you and your hot sweatpants on this thread!