Hourglass Cosmetics

Kaori

I was wrong about being able to build up the color on my Dim Infusion - the the one I received had much more powder than blush. I tried yesterday and no matter how layers I put on, it wasn't buildable. It probably didn't help that it's such a light color to begin with. No way is this anywhere near the coral, they describe it to be. Back to Sephora it went.

IMO, I think there are some quality control issues with this blush. Given the type of product it is, I wouldn't expect them to be identical but I've seen big differences in the amount of blush/powder in the same colors!

This has been a big disappointment to me. On the bright side, I consoled myself by picking up a bunch of stuff from the Nars Spring collection. I'm adding my comments in that thread.
I wish they would have pre-set amount of powder:blush ratio that goes in each pan and then swirled it or something =.=

PixieDancer

I wish they would have pre-set amount of powder:blush ratio that goes in each pan and then swirled it or something =.=
Thanks for the sweet parenting compliment... Luckily, I had great role models for parents myself!! Sometimes I feel sad for today's youth because it really says the most about the parents that are raising (or in most cases NOT raising) these kids. Makes me wonder what went on in their own childhoods to make them so irresponsible. Because having children should be looked at as a responsibility!! New school might be good for makeup... But child raising is best "old school" style IMHO! Heehee wink And I completely agree about the blush/powder ratio. I can understand the swirl variations... We're all pretty used to that w MACs MSFs... But there should be a standard ratio at least!! My RM looks great. My DH not so much... But I'm going to use it a few more times before I return it. I really want it to work. The color is gorgeous, but I have to build it quite a bit due to too much powder and not enough blush!

Audrey C

As for your 17 year old & that shovel... Bravo for that! Good parenting & good intentions will pay off big time!! As a fellow parent, I thank you (and all parents) for the hard work they are doing trying to raise respectful, good hearted children in this tough world!!
I wasn't suggesting that there's anything at all wrong with teaching boys to hold doors - I just think that sometimes people give girls a pass and I absolutely did NOT want to raise entitled princesses.

My son knew shovelling that driveway was the right thing to do and I know he felt good about it afterwards even though it was bitter cold out so not fun. I've tried to teach them that doing the right thing is often harder than doing the easy thing (staying inside where it's warm) and can only hope that at least a bit of the Parental Charlie Brown voice gets heard. :)

My house is often full of young adults and I have to say that I think the current generation is getting a bad rap. My kids' friends are thoughtful and considerate and none of them have been in any trouble. A small portion of adolescents are (as they've always been) and people are quick to paint them all that way. Personally, I see more rude adults than kids.

Kaori

And I completely agree about the blush/powder ratio. I can understand the swirl variations... We're all pretty used to that w MACs MSFs... But there should be a standard ratio at least!! My RM looks great. My DH not so much... But I'm going to use it a few more times before I return it. I really want it to work. The color is gorgeous, but I have to build it quite a bit due to too much powder and not enough blush!
Why wont you just wait until it reaches store and then exchange it for one which has more blush? No point trying to make it work if you received a dud and sephora has 90day return policy ;)

PixieDancer

Why wont you just wait until it reaches store and then exchange it for one which has more blush? No point trying to make it work if you received a dud and sephora has 90day return policy ;)
Good idea... That's exactly what I'll do! Thanks for the easy solution! I'm the Queen of making things harder than they need to be! Haha

coffeewithcream

I tried Radiant Magenta today and was relieved it was very definitely pink, and not the coral shade I've seen in some online swatches. Despite the gold ambient powder, it was a cooler toned pink and I was very happy with it. Also very blendable.

elegant-one

I tried Radiant Magenta today and was relieved it was very definitely pink, and not the coral shade I've seen in some online swatches. Despite the gold ambient powder, it was a cooler toned pink and I was very happy with it. Also very blendable.
I am SO very very happy to read this!!!! Mine arrives tomorrow...whew

elegant-one

Sorry if you posted this already & I missed it, but what is your skin tone?

coffeewithcream

I am SO very very happy to read this!!!! Mine arrives tomorrow...whew
I was pretty relieved too! After all the swatches online looked so alike (and coral/peach) I was concerned!

I like both of the ones I purchased. Radiant Magenta IS pink on me, with a nice golden sheen. And Mood Exposure is a really natural browny plum. I'm very pleased with how the radiant powders blend in with the coloured blush. So far so good! I'd like to see the others when they arrive in stores.

coffeewithcream

Sorry if you posted this already & I missed it, but what is your skin tone?
I'm fairly pale with a neutral/beige undertone. I don't wear MAC so I can't give a corresponding shade from that line. 03 in Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Fawn or Pale Dune in Tom Ford, 02 in Suqqu Cream Fix, 20 Beige in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.

coffeewithcream

Thanks hun! I may have to check out ME then.
I'll be interested to hear how you like it. Lately, I've been layering blush with highlighter and then finishing powder to blend out and give some radiance. What I really like about these two is that it's literally been apply blush, buff out the edges. And they have worn very well too. Yesterday with ME I was out in pretty much a sleet storm and my makeup looked pretty good by the time I got home, even in all that damp.

Kaori

I was pretty relieved too! After all the swatches online looked so alike (and coral/peach) I was concerned!

I like both of the ones I purchased. Radiant Magenta IS pink on me, with a nice golden sheen. And Mood Exposure is a really natural browny plum. I'm very pleased with how the radiant powders blend in with the coloured blush. So far so good! I'd like to see the others when they arrive in stores.
I will need to try out radiant magenta when it reaches stores! I feared it would be too similar to my coral-type blushes, but if on pale-cooler toned skin it's more pink, then that's perfect! :)
I wore ME today and I have to say it will be perfect blush for summer, it gave me this natural sunburned look lol I finally looked healthy and not death-pale heh I used luminous ambient powder as highlighter and it worked out perfectly, same shade-family :)

coffeewithcream

I will need to try out radiant magenta when it reaches stores! I feared it would be too similar to my coral-type blushes, but if on pale-cooler toned skin it's more pink, then that's perfect! :)
I wore ME today and I have to say it will be perfect blush for summer, it gave me this natural sunburned look lol I finally looked healthy and not death-pale heh I used luminous ambient powder as highlighter and it worked out perfectly, same shade-family :)
Yes - agree. It was bronzy looking without being too brown or out of place looking in the dead of winter. So I think it will be really lovely in the warmer months.

I really don't love corals and they don't look great on me. I have Tom Ford Love Lust but am not a huge fan; ditto Nars Orgasm. RM is definitely not coral on me.

myfavoritePA

Yes - agree. It was bronzy looking without being too brown or out of place looking in the dead of winter. So I think it will be really lovely in the warmer months.

I really don't love corals and they don't look great on me. I have Tom Ford Love Lust but am not a huge fan; ditto Nars Orgasm. RM is definitely not coral on me.
I'm really excited to check ME out in person now. I bet it adds some natural-looking dimension and contour to fair skin.

elegant-one

I'll be interested to hear how you like it. Lately, I've been layering blush with highlighter and then finishing powder to blend out and give some radiance. What I really like about these two is that it's literally been apply blush, buff out the edges. And they have worn very well too. Yesterday with ME I was out in pretty much a sleet storm and my makeup looked pretty good by the time I got home, even in all that damp.
Awesome! Are you wanting any of the other shades? I really really love EG on the top of my cheekbones over other blushes. Thanks for all the info!

Haven

Delay, delay, delay! The more you delay your purchase, the more rationally you can think about it! Put it on a list and wait on it for a while. Remember they are perm! I haven't received mine yet but I have a feeling I'll be craving more too. Maybe see how much you use the one you just got, and think about how many other blushes you have.. If you REALLY love the one you have to the point where it's a top favorite and you use it a lot, I'd say try to pare down similar colors or older dupes in your collection if you do add more.

And definitely wait till a 20% off sale! That will give people more time to put up swatches and reviews for the colors you want on a similar skintone to yours. On some skintones several of them look quite similar, so you could cut some out there. Also if you have some of the ambient powders, you could try playing around with blushes you do have to create the same look! Hope that helps!
This is what I am waiting for. I have a lot of blushes to tie me over until the next Sephora sale. I do plan on buying several of these during the next sale. (Trying to be more fiscally responsible this year with my makeup purchases. Time will tell if I am successful or not.)

Plus I have several Hourglass ambient lighting powders to mix with the blushes I already own.

ChosenOne

This is what I am waiting for. I have a lot of blushes to tie me over until the next Sephora sale. I do plan on buying several of these during the next sale. (Trying to be more fiscally responsible this year with my makeup purchases. Time will tell if I am successful or not.)

Plus I have several Hourglass ambient lighting powders to mix with the blushes I already own.
Same here x2!!

PixieDancer

You should come join us on the low-buy thread! We support your efforts to try and cut back. We'd love to see you there!

charlotte366

3 of mine arrived today, diffused heat is still winging its way to me. Really happy with radiant magenta, it's 70% pink, definite keeper! the dim in f infusion looks more brown than the dim in my palette ? Any one else think this? The dim in my palette is hanky more mauvey/cooler? There is also not much peach in it, I may return this one, it has to be unused in the uk to return. Ethereal is prob 50:50 colour and ambient powder, think this will work better than dim on means should make a neuter pink gentle flush. I shouldn't have ordered dim really, it was an last minute impulse in the shopping basket and I shouldn't give in to those impulses as it never ends well!