How did you guys first discover MAC??

mrsjeffhardy

I remember it like it was just yesterday...(lol)

I was 15 and I got a job in the mall @ Auntie Anne's Pretzels. During breaks,I'd walk around the mall,and end up spending my paychecks in the mall stores lol. I just randomnly walked into MAC one day because of all the makeup. (I had no idea of the phenomenon it was,I just loved makeup PERIOD. I,like most of you I'm sure,have loved makeup since I was a wee tot lol.) I ended up buying Jubilee lipstick and a purple e/s that I, for the life of me, cannot remember (I gave it to my friend. It didn't suit me,it was kinda pinkish.) After that day,I kept buying and buying and never looked back
rofl.gif
and that,my friends,is where it all started....

Along with finding MAC through my little teenager job,I also found my husband there,too. (He worked @ Auntie Anne's Pretzels.)
Now,6 years later... I have 2 kids and lots of MAC.
lmao.gif

hahaha!!!

share your MAC-cherry poppin' experiences puhweeze!
smiles.gif

glam8babe

Re: How you discovered MAC!

Well it was about 2 year ago and Forbidden on myspace [Christina Dolce] had all these amazing pictures of her and her makeup looked flawless, amazing and professional. I found out she used MAC and Chanel makeup and i then looked into MAC by googling it and found out it was a fave of many celebs and professional makeup artists. Then last year i found out i had a MAC counter in the city closest to me and i bought my first MAC item [Eager lipstick] and fell in love!
now i have like 4 l/s, 8 e/s, 1 l/g, a quad, 4 brushes, blusher, MSF and a few other bits n bobs. Not much in my eyes but im slowly building my collection!

ohh and im soooo SOOOOOooooo glad i found specktra its like my bible

mrsjeffhardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
ohh and im soooo SOOOOOooooo glad i found specktra its like my bible

hell yes! me,too!!!

Danapotter

It was when Barbie Loves MAC launched. I walked past the MAC store in the mall and said, look at the bright colors!

Then, I took money from my ATM, spent $100, came home, and my mom said "Return it". And I did, being the good teen I am. (Even though those e/s were beautiful). I was banned from going into that store until about a couple weeks before C-Shock.

Now, a couple months and $360 later, I am fully addicted.

wavey.gif

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danapotter
It was when Barbie Loves MAC launched. I walked past the MAC store in the mall and said, look at the bright colors!

Then, I took money from my ATM, spent $100, came home, and my mom said "Return it". And I did, being the good teen I am. (Even though those e/s were beautiful). I was banned from going into that store until about a couple weeks before C-Shock.

Now, a couple months and $360 later, I am fully addicted.

wavey.gif

OMG i cant beleive you returned them! you should of just hid them lol i know i would of

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
OMG i cant beleive you returned them! you should of just hid them lol i know i would of

Yeah. I cannot disobey my mom. I would end up blabbing to her anyway. I cannot tell a lie. Except, now I buy my MAC in secret.

thmbup.gif

susanks1

I was looking on line for a Philosophy discount code and saw another makeup board. They talked about MAC. So I went to the counter at Nordstroms, bought a bare canvas paint, and then I was hooked. I have been buying MAC for 1 1/2 years now.

choseck

Many many years ago - I saw an ad for Viva Glam II in a magazine and thought the color was super pretty. The only MAC location at that time that I knew of was at the Nordstroms counter at the Mall of America. I was too young to drive, so one time I was there with my parents and bought it.

Fast forward to a couple of years ago when Marshall Fields (Now Macys) at my nearest mall got a MAC counter, I got Honey Lust shadow and the rest is history!

MAC is so awesome - I'm continuously impressed by their products
smiles.gif

mariecinder

I had always thought MAC was overrated and that my high end Sephora stuff was so much better (lol) but then I found Specktra though another forum website. After looking at all of the beautiful faces and colors MAC created, I had to have it! My first MAC purchase was at the counter in Macy's. I bought Honey Lust, Mulch, and Gleam e/s. I looooved them. My next haul was at a CCO where I walked away with Idol Eyes, Mancatcher, Star! beauty powder, Shell Peal and many other things that I can't remember. lol I'm so hooked now most of my traincase is MAC!

PRiNCiPESSAx4

pink freeze lipstick! so im guessing around the time of the puppy love collection, so about 2000. this would mean i was in fifth grade haha..my mom bought me and my cousin of the same age a lipstick and this is what i picked haha..i still have it too, a full stick..i dunno what she was doing, letting a 5th grader buy such a bright pink haha it was for fun though
lmao.gif
..then in 9th grade i really started buying, then stopped for a bit, and now am completely smitten once again! im currently a sophmore in college, so ive been a huge fan for about 7 years. it really started up again once i got my license and could drive to the mall, as this was also around the time i got my job haha
lol.gif

macaddict_xo

It was 6 years ago, I saw this girl at school with nice black eyeshadow on, so I was like....hmmm I have to get a black shadow... So I went to Toronto to go visit my granpa & he gave me $200 to go buy clothes and stuff...
I was walking by and the MAC store caught my eye with the range of colors they had... Walked in, only looking for a shadow..the woman that worked there kept saying..oh you need this...and this... and this... got everything she said... & was hooked ever since
clap.gif

MAC_Whore

About 15 years ago. I was shopping at Nordies in Seattle and look who showed up in the cosmetics section....MAC. Like a moth to a flame. I instantly snatched up Russian Red LS and was ADDICTED from that point on. Later, I did MAC for my wedding makeup. I picked up a ton of goodies and brushes at that point as well.

A bit more time passes and I decided to take a year and a half +/- off of the career path to have some fun and work as an MA for MAC.

And now......the monster......My Train Case :shedevil:

Funny thing is, those pics are outdated. I have a lot more now. Come on get down with the sickness.

erine1881

it was the beginning of 1998. my sister (8 years older than me) was going thru her makeup getting rid of stuff she didn't use anymore. she gave me magrittes & stilife paint and club, sprout & fiction shadow. the first time i went to a mac counter was when salsabelle came out the summer of 2004. it all went downhill from there. i was hooked. i would go into mac about once every two weeks to buy new stuff. i was in there for every new collection. nearly 10 years later, i have more makeup than i know what to do with (literally), and have been working for mac now for a little over a year. and so it goes, my collection continues to grow...

BunnyBunnyBunny

Well, honestly, I learned of it because Jeffree Star said he wore Electric Eel shadow. When I was in NYC in December 2005, I picked it up. And I've been addicted ever since. :3

That particular eyeshadow shattered because my jerk of a cat was batting it around on the floor one day, but I now have the MAC 1.6, a BUNCH of shadows, lipsticks, glasses, blushes, brushes, foundations, powders... I have too much! xD Getting more every month too!!

girlsaidwhat

True story.

I was having a makeover done in a salon, by a visiting artist who works on a lot of big names (Kim Catrall, Catherine Zeta Jones, I don't remember who else...).

He seemed like a fun sort...kind of like a club kid dressed for his day job... : ) Feeling frisky, I decided to ask him a question of the lurid variety.

Me: "So.....what kind of makeup would you recommend for someone, who, say....wanted it to stay on during hot sweaty messy sex?"

Him: ::looks slightly taken aback for a hot second::
"You didn't hear it from /me/....but MAC."

I've been using it ever since.
winks.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsaidwhat
True story.

I was having a makeover done in a salon, by a visiting artist who works on a lot of big names (Kim Catrall, Catherine Zeta Jones, I don't remember who else...).

He seemed like a fun sort...kind of like a club kid dressed for his day job... : ) Feeling frisky, I decided to ask him a question of the lurid variety.

Me: "So.....what kind of makeup would you recommend for someone, who, say....wanted it to stay on during hot sweaty messy sex?"

Him: ::looks slightly taken aback for a hot second::
"You didn't hear it from /me/....but MAC."

I've been using it ever since.
winks.gif

OMG xD that reminds me, at MAC basic training, we became really friendly with the trainers... and I got so comfortable, that I asked if Face & Body Foundation is really made for the body, like... say for the butt crevace, or for the breasts. xDDDD Mary said that she wasn't sure and she'll have to ask a higher up if it's been tested for those areas. LOL!!

rouquinne

^^^ it actually is - i can't remember which magazine, but it was years ago and there was a picture of Madonna naked, having MAC Face & Body being applied to her.

greengrin.gif

waaaaay back in 1984, i had moved into my first little apt in downtown Toronto and i was shopping one afternoon in Cabbagetown. i ran into someone i knew slightly from opera school and he introduced me to the friend he was speaking to at the time - Frank Toskan. i've never forgotten that meeting... mainly because Frank T's first words to me were -

that lipstick colour is all wrong for you; here's my card, come see me and we'll find the right stuff to make you gorgeous.

lol.gif

i wasn't *too* insulted and i did go to see him. i bought stuff from him and Frank A directly, then would go to the very first MAC retail location at the old Simpson's store in downtown Toronto when it opened in 1985.

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Well, honestly, I learned of it because Jeffree Star said he wore Electric Eel shadow.

god i love his makeup! i found his myspace profile ages ago and just couldnt stop looking at his pictures

fresh76

my momma loves their foundation.. and for my grade school graduation, i had my makeup done at some random place at the mall, but i hated it so much that it ruined my day. my mom took me home and applied her (MAC) makeup on me, and from that day, I associated "saving the day" to MAC...

And, 10 years later, it hasn't changed! It still saves the day
greengrin.gif

glamqueen1

when I lived and studied in Amsterdam, MAC moved in to the nearest depertmentstore, called Bijenkorf. Eventhough I hardly wore any makeup at all in those days (mid 90's) I used to sneak around that counter, loving everything I saw and dreaming of a prettier me (sad, really
weeping.gif
). Years later, back in Stockholm, I wished for a MAC lipstick for my birthday (had been wanting it since Amsterdam), NY Apple.
Now I'm older and richer, and I can finally be the prettier me..
cutey.gif