How do/would you feel about people borrowing your Mac?

Bunny8778

My my MAC is my MAC! Like many of you, I will do my friends/family makeup but they are not allowed to touch it themselves. I've never been big on sharing but most of all I have vested way to much in my collection to let it roam around. Some people might call this selfish, I call it protecting my investment!

jenNpaci

I have been spending most of my allowance and paychecks on MAC since freshman year of high school (junior in college now) so I have accumulated quite a bit. My roommate has tons that she has bought since i introduced her to it. Occoasionally I will borrow an eyesahdow *with her in the same room* to try out a new color, or she'll best out how she liks a new shadestick *again in the same room* but for us to lend it to each other for it to leave the room, no. I think its a subconcious choice we have made and that topic has NEVER been breached. whY? because we both care madly about our things and really want them to be taken care of.

Even though my sister does own some Mac, I dont lend MAC to her b/c ive been burned too many times. Everytime I lent her something in the past she either lost it or misplaced it or "forgotten to return it" and i had to go hunting for it often never finding it or finding it destroyed
ssad.gif
. NO MORE.

eco

no way. noooooo way!

I've been asked before and I just flat out say no. If i'm going out and a friend wants to borrow something.... I will gladly keep it in MY purse and let them use it while we're out. but it never goes out of my reach. somehow I lost one lipglass, and i'm traumatized. I know where ALL my mac is, and I lost it, I knew right away.

The other tricky thing is letting someone hold onto something or borrow something when it involved drinking/going out. never a good scenario.

Also, I will not take my MSF's out of the house. I have a friend who asked me to bring it out with me and I said no way. She has the same one (petticoat) and broke it into a million little pieces about a week after she got it! *while we were drinking*!!!

Cleanliness is also a huge factor! I keep all my makeup superclean. clean my brushes all the time, wipe any loose powder or residue off everything. I feel like if it looks clean, it still feels new!

zaralovesmac

I don't think I could lend my MAC to anyone.If I'm actually present while they're using it,that's ok though.

However,I'm a major perfectionist and I can't abide dirty eyeshadow pots(you know with spillage all over the sides...ugh.),concealer marks left on the pots or tubes..can't stand that.

So even though I'll let my friends use my stuff I always have to have a quick look over it when they hand it back because..well..it's my MAC and it cost alot and I wanna look after it!:roll:

laura-doll

i dont have a problem doing make up for people
but when they ask to borrow it if they are going out so they can top up
im like
noway!
cause i know it would get damaged

pixi

i've let my mate mike use my passionate e/s once, which didnt bother me at all. and i was going to let someone else use my basic red pigment sample but she changed her mind. i would be uncomfortable letting most people keep my makeup in their house for a while.

i really wouldnt want someone to use my lipglasses or lipsticks though
ssad.gif

ILoveMacMakeup

I am more than happy to make someone over anytime, but dont try to use my Mac yourself. I know that may sound greedy, but its taken me a long time to get my collection nice and I like to keep it that way.

Shimmer

I don't have to worry about anyone borrowing it. My husband considers it an investment he's made and will pummel someone for even LOOKING at it without permission LOL

d_flawless

just. say. no.

too many friends always eye my stash with that look in their eyes, and i'm like, "i'm a germ phobe, sorry!"

tooootally a lie (to an extent, you can always clean it later) but still...make up is my biggest investment aside from my car, and i don't have to share it

Jacq-i

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
i only share my makeup with my daughter. anyway, its not very hygenic to share with anyone IMO, but i let my daughter use some cause i know she is clean lol. sometimes if i dont like something or know i could never finish it, i give it to her. im such a good mommmy!!

I'd let my little sister use any of my MAC (except mascara) if she wants, because she's clean, lol. I wouldn't lend her any because my traincase is super organized, and anything missing will upset the system.
greengrin.gif

I always give her my makeup that I don't really use anymore... Last year, I had a ton of Lancome and Este Lauder lipglosses/eyeshadows/foundation/etc and I gave it all to her, since I was replacing it with MAC. She was super happy because all she had was drugstore brand makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flawless
too many friends always eye my stash with that look in their eyes, and i'm like, "i'm a germ phobe, sorry!"

tooootally a lie (to an extent, you can always clean it later) but still...make up is my biggest investment aside from my car, and i don't have to share it

That is why I *never* do my makeup in front of my friends! They have never seen my collection, I hide it when they visit, lol. Only my family and bf know.

Ever since I told him how great the Smashbox clear lip treatment was, he started using mine!
hmm.gif
I let it slide because he takes me MAC shopping about twice a month and gets me a couple of things everytime.
eyelove.gif

goink

The only MAC products that I would share to some very close friends are the powder products. It's easier to clean the powder products if it does come back to me yucky (although I never experienced this).

On a funnier note...

I did let one slide. My friend wanted to use a lipgloss so I told her to search my makeup bag. I had my back turned so I didn't see her take out a liquid concealer instead! When she put it on her lips and she realized it was a concealer. She was grossed out. So was I! Needless to say, I dumped the concealer right away.

butterflydream

Im pretty much a *itch when it comes to my friends using my things, because quite often I never get them back. Then when and if I ever do I usually never use those things again espeacially when it comes to clothes or my make-up. I just find it nasty to use someone elses eye or lip products. In the line of work I do I come in contact with pink eye so I am constantly scared of getting this, so I have to replace my brushes and shadows a lot. i would feel terrible if someone else got a germ because of me.

Chic 2k6

im the same, i'll let my mom borrow any MAC from me (not mascara) because i know she'll keep it in the cabinet when she's done so it doesnt get damaged. If only that was true for herself though, she already broke Moonshine Refelection (is that right?) and Humid :| in which i paid for her bday gifts. it was frickin annoying.

however, i never let my friends borrow it or use it. i gave one friend a pigment sample which she loves alot and thats it.

Blush

I don't people borrowing my MAC or any other of my makeup items.
But my Shroom E/S is a staple for my sisters ¡¡¡

dmenchi

I totally agree with you all, it's a no-no! And slao they don't value it as much as us
smiles.gif
..we are 'addicts' LOL

User49

I'm quite selfish and happy to admit it so I wouldn't want to share my Mac. Gesh, think of the germs! Think of all the messy fingers that would touch your beautiful eyeshadows! Ahhhh!

ch33tah

my best friend, who is also my housemate, and I share our make up with eachother. i will not share with anyone else. it's just not clean.

Graziella*K

No way some people (even friends !) uses my products ! I would let my mum though because she's a perfectionnist too ! My MAC collection is waaaaay too precious !

xoxoGraziellaxoxo