How long to get ready (on avg.)??

shea_47

For school: 1.5 hours if I want to be fully put together.
-get clothes together+ shower + moisturize + blowdry 40 mins
-food 20 mins
-makeup 30 mins

As for special occasions:
-my makeup and hair will take an extra half hour, so 2 hours.

Just running to the grocery store:
-beret or hat 2 mins to find one to match
-sunglasses 10 seconds and outtt the door
smiles.gif

MissResha

i wake up at 6am, out of the house by 6:50, so about an hour for me to do EVERYTHING.

wash + lotion + clothes = 20min.
brush teeth = 5min, gotta keep them pearly lol
face prep + makeup = 10-15min.
bullshit and watch the news = 10min.

on the weekends, it still takes me about an hour. but if im doing some special makeup application, then extend that by about 20 more minutes. i cannot spend too much time doing my face, i'd get irritated with myself lol. i've learned how to do my looks extremely quickly and keep it moving.

MissMochaXOXO

1-2 hours. it depends how much time i know i have. i take my time whenever i can! esp. with makeup. luckily i don't have 2 wear a full face of foundation, just some bronzer. i try to blowdry b4 bed so i can save some time. my hair always looks/holds better the next day when i do that!

NutMeg

I like to take my time in the morning, it gives me time to mentally prepare for the day. Probably an hour to an hour and a half for food/clothes/makeup(minmal)/basic toilettries/bull shit time.

ms.marymac

My husband and I had the same issue, but I just start early. I dilly dally and take my time getting ready, sort of a ritual, I guess. I cannot STAND being or feeling rushed. If we are going out, I put rollers in my hair and do my makeup...old school!

I wish I could roll our of bed and jet to work, but I have to get ready like you guys do when you are going out. I am worse in the mornings so I just give myself a lot of time. I have tried to get up and and rush through things, but it is as if I am drunk, stumbling and running into things, putting the coffee on without the pitcher, leaving with mismatched socks, zipper unzipped...you get it. Can't show up to MAC like that...lol

I would say it's probably about an hour, but the other hour is me getting it together or engaging in "beauty meditation."

BloopBloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
I don't shower in the morning so to brush my teeth, wash my face, moisturize, do makeup plus dress...30 minutes. If I'm REALLY in a hurry I can cut that down to 10. Add another 30 minutes to that if I shower and blow-dry my hair.

For a special occasion, maybe an extra 20 minutes on top of that. I have never really spent more than an hour getting ready, unless I screw up badly and have to do some things over.

MY TWIN!! im exactly the same average-wise. if im going out and i really want to take my time or my hair wants to be a jerk that day, maybe 20 mins more. i hate showering in the morning as well.. its too cold!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
If I am going out on a night on the town 2 (if I am rushed) -3 (If I have it my way) hours
greengrin.gif

That includes drinking some intoxicating substance and blasting music followed by...
.shaving
.exfoliating
.showering 25 to 30 min or more
.any other feminine process 20 minutes
.Hair to dry and straighten which is a bitch because I am highly untalented in that area 45 to an hour, more if I am having hair issues
.moisturizing and putting shimmers... I have no clue
.Face make up 1 to 2 hours.

It is so easy to spend time getting ready to go out and I believe it is part of the evening.

A man can spend all day sitting in front of a TV, this is what I believe as our version of entertainment. It's a shame guys can't get the same satisfaction of feeling themselves up and looking at their image in the mirror for hours straight. But hey, I am a narcissist! I can stare at myself for hours and like it!!
th_wink3.gif

Although I have gone out bare faced to red carpet events and thrown on a simple dress, I would rather go all out and cater to myself... I am woman ya know!

To the OP.... are you a Libra!
sneaky.gif

I just saw your post and see that you are like me...lol.

I forgot about lashes. Good lord, I can put them on other people all day long, but I suck at putting them on myself. Add a few more mins.

Holy Rapture

Getting ready for work : Shower, dressing, make up, hair, breakfast - 40 to 45 mins

Any other day : Shower, dressing (includes picking the outfit!), hair, make up - 40 to 45 mins

Yea, the time remains the same
tong.gif
If I spend more time on getting ready, I'll probably sleep
lol.gif

-moonflower-

It depends really. If I'm just going to college, around 20/30 minutes to get dressed, wash my face and teeth, deal with my hair and put on a bit of makeup- face, eyeliner, mascara, maybe one/two eyeshadows and so lipgloss.

For a night out it can take me up to 3 hours.
Shower, shave legs etc, exfoliate, wash hair, clean face - 30/40 minutes.
Combing my hair - 10-15 minutes. I have really thick hair that knots so easily.
Get dressed - 15 minutes
Fix hair - 10 minutes
Decide I don't like what I'm wearing and get changed - 10 minutes
Makeup - Anything from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. Depends on what I'm doing.

misspresh

this is such a great thread - on a weekday, it takes me about an hour (give or take ten minutes) to shower, put product in my hair, do my face, eat breakfast, get dressed, get lunch together etc etc. if I blowdry and style my hair, the whole shebang takes about 1hr 45.

going out I take at least two hours - i'm a tad embarassed about that. but I also don't ever like to rush!

AliVix1

OMG can i relate!! my ex and i live together.. dont even ask.. but anyway when we were together and he actually first began witnessing all that i do/all the time i take i think he was shocked!! we fought ALL the damn time about how long i take. he eventually just started leaving for events before me and i would meet up with him later which i think actually put a big stress on us. but anyway on average i have taken 2 hrs if im showering, more if i also have to walk to dogs b4 i leave the house but i'm really happy to announce that i have very recently cut that time down to about 45 mins!! i found a new technique for blowdrying/straightening that really seems to work for me and also ive come to terms with wearing a much more neutral look to wherever i go... im sure it will still take me at least 1 hr or more on nights i go out though bc i gotta be creative with the makeup/hair/clothes! god im such a girl!

ginger9

It varies widely for me.

For work:
(my alarm goes off at 5:45am but I generally crawl out at 6am)
I can literally get out the door in 10 mins if I have to. Generally I take about 20 to 30 mins to brush teeth, wash face, moisturize, makeup, fix hair (I don't shower in the morning but the night before), dress then grab my breakfast and lunch and I'm out the door.

For going out:
If I don't have a deadline I probably can go up to three hours! There's a lot of puttering around mind you. I will shower, wax, moisturize, pluck, give myself a mani/pedi, curl my stick straight hair, try on different outfits, accessories and shoes, have a glass of wine, watch some TV, have a little snack, do my makeup, pick out a hangbag, etc. But this is when it's just me and there's no one waiting around of course.

If I have to hustle I can do it in one hour and that includes shower and doing my hair.

normal work day 20-30 mins.
if i'm kinda in a hurry or don't feel like doing shit about hair or makeup 5 mins.

Lauren1981

during the week when getting ready for work i take about an hour and 15 min.
if i'm going out or to dinner or something, around 2 hours.

HOWEVER............

i surprised the hell out of myself this morning. i woke up late and did everything in like 30 minutes!!! face and hair (this includes my washup also). that is impossible for me! i have NEVER done this. lol!!!
so i'm proud to know that i am capable of speeding it up a little but this will more than likely never happen again unless i continue to wake up late. ha!

TexasBelle

Normal workday morning (shower, blow dry, brush teeth, moisturizer, makeup) - 45 minutes.

Rushed workday morning (skipping the shower, brushing teeth, throwing on makeup) - 15 to 20 minutes.

Never, ever takes me over an hour, even if I'm getting ready to go somewhere special. But my hair is pretty easy to manage, so that saves time.

kaliraksha

I think the solution can be simple... set a time that you must leave by (together) and make sure you both abide by it. If you know it's 7, start at 5:55 so you can be ready at 6:55. This way you aren't upsetting him by having him wait for you and he's not upsetting you by rushing you. If he's upset that you take that long to get ready, well if you have the time and you enjoy it I don't see the problem. I would tell him that you enjoy spending time to get ready the way he enjoys whatever entertains him.

My boyfriend is the problem in our house... not because he takes forever to get ready but because he starts to get ready when I'm almost done so then I have to wait for him and it pisses me off. So now, we just set a time for both of us to be done by. I hate waiting for people, it sends the message that his time is more valuable than mine... if I knew I had another 15 minutes til he was ready I would spend more time on me or do some stuff online.

If you spend 2 hours regularly, maybe you can find something cute to do with your hair that isn't so labor intensive once in a while. Granted, this is only if you don't have the time.

My times are-

Grocery store- 5-10 minutes
School/Work- 35-40 minutes w/shower, 15-25 min w/out shower
Going out- 45 min - 1hr 15min
Special Occasion- 2hrs- 4hrs+ (depending on impending salon visit)

.Ice

1-2 hours.. it takes me an hour to shower (that includes brushing my teeth, shaving my armpits, washing my face.. etc etc lol)... the next hour is spent doing my hair, makeup (if I have time left), clothes etc...