How many is too many?

loveinexcess

I have backups of:

Moth Brown
Petticoat

I hardly ever make it through most of my stuff before I get tired of it!
lol.gif

ledonatella

Usually I have 2 of something if I really love it because I change my mind often but my HG lippie, Flamboyance from Snowgirl back in 2001, I have had 6 tubes at a time because I have to snatch them up whenever I see one (which isn't often). I still have 3 left.

Artemis

I don't buy back ups. Once I am done with a product I try something else. I don't have enough moolah for back ups. T_T

Ms. Z

I have to admit that purchasing backups has not been a great idea because I never finish anything (for the exception of Poetic License l/g); so I have to try to sell some of them.

I have a backup of
  • Fashion Pack l/g
  • Elegant Peach l/g
  • Tiger Tiger l/s
  • Peachiness/Blushbaby Blush
  • Min. Skinfinish Medium
  • Ingenue Blue e/s
  • Wishful e/s
  • Steep e/s
  • & 3 of Poetic License l/g

HOTasFCUK

I have:

prep & prime eye
2 Zoom lash mascaras
moth brown
msf in medium
mineralize satinfinish foundation

princess

I don't get backups. Most of the time I will be bored of it before I can finish the product.
lol.gif

Dianora

I think I appreciate MAC's constantly-rotating LE stuff...it keeps my collection fresh, so I don't end up like my mother who has worn the same bright pink lipstick for the last 20 years...

AriannaErin

I've never bought a back up until recently. But now I have 2 back ups of Razzledazzler l/s because I adore it and am almost finished my first tube already. I also have a back up of orange twink glimmershimmer, but it's because I'm almost finished my first and thought I'd grab it again when it came out with Raquel.

lilviolingrrl

No back ups for me, thanks! MAC is always coming out with something new and awesome to try. Plus, I'd rather buy a couple different things then a bunch of the same thing...it's just more fun, haha! Although I'm seriously contemplating (a BIG thing for me, the back up-less queen!) getting a second Polish Me Pink lip varnish. It's DEFINITELY and COMPLETELY an HG for me!

tracie

At the height of my MAC obsession I had 3 shimpagnes..and then when I needed cash I sold off my two backups along with the other MSFs I really didn't use (SR and Petticoat). I have had backups of sweetie cake l/g, all woman l/g, and phosphorelle l/g..I consider those to be my fav glosses, so I don't regret it. I did end up buying another shimpagne last summer, too. I slightly regret it because I barely use my old one anymore.

Krasevayadancer

I as of now have no backups of anything. I think to myself that I see products I really like, but then i know and that i never finish anything. I just have way too much! (and yet not enough, hehe)

AudreyNicole

I have backups of Whistle and Moth Brown e/s from Barbie. I am debating a back up of Don't be Shy blush since I use it at least 5 times a week. The only other thing in my stash that I feel is backup worthy is Graphic Brown fluidline. I don't have an extra, but I use that almost everyday too. I am hoping by the time I run out, they will have made it permanent! LOL!

pixi

i only have a backup of sweet &shy glimmershimmer. i think i was scared it would run out so i bought another on ebay. now i tend to use lightscapade instead so i feel a bit silly!

i might get back ups of the best c-shock e/s because they might go on to sell for loads. i dunno.

Glow

None for me. Im kicking myself for not getting a lovebud backup though, I LOVE IT.
Paradisco is close enough though. So I may go buy two of those.

MACisME

i guess im on the same boat as girls who hardly purchase backups, but i admit im a total sucker for backups on eye liner in graph black. but as far as color cosmetics i love trying new stuff

semtexgirl

Avon did these LE 3-in-1 sticks for the summer a few years ago, and one of the colors was Sunny (gold). Well, I loved it so much that I bought out the Avon cart (about 5 tubes) at my mall and then later on that summer, ordered another 5 or so tubes from Avon's clearance catalog. I still love it to this day & have about 6 or 7 of them left. How many is too many? Ha-ha, I'm still searching for the answer to that question!

shootergirlnc

I have 1 backup of Rocking Chick
1 backup of Crystal Rose l/g
and 5 backups of Malibu Barbie!!

Can you tell I really LOVE pink lipgloss and lipstick?!
smiles.gif
They were all LE, so I stocked up.

cno64

I have backups of a few really special eyeshadows, pigments, and lipsticks, but only one backup of each product.
I don't wear makeup every day, and MAC products tend to go so far, that I feel secure just buying one backup.
I don't blame you a bit for buying multiples of something you love, unless you used your insulin money, or mugged a little old lady.
winks.gif

As long as you've got the funds and the storage space, I don't see why you shouldn't buy multiples.
If you get tired of them, or MAC comes out with something you like even better, you can always sell them, or swap or give them away.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootergirlnc
5 backups of Malibu Barbie!!

Can you tell I really LOVE pink lipgloss and lipstick?!
smiles.gif
They were all LE, so I stocked up.

I have two of Rocking Chick, and one of Malibu Barbie. I kind of wish I'd backed up MB, because it became hard to find very quickly!
P.S. I love pink lipcolors, too, the brighter, the better.

Latest posts