How many is too many?

coachkitten

The backups I have are three lightscapade MSFs, 1 Porcelain Pink MSF, 1 pollen e/s, and 1 moth brown e/s.

Those are three of my all time favorites.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa J
I've never done the backup thing either. I contemplated getting a backup of Springtime Skipper, since I just love it, but I didn't and I'm confident that I can make it last. However, I am sadenned that it was the only item from the Barbie collection that I got.

By the way, what does 'HG' mean?

HG is the Holy Grail. It's like your number one,your "no ka oi" (as we say in Hawaii) or your ichi ban (Japanese),numero uno product.
thmbup.gif

tricky

i have 1 backup of Glissade and 1 of Waternymph. I haven't even touched either of the backups but I figure I can probably sell them on ebay if I end up never using them.

miss_emc

Personally I have never bought an item as a backup, however i few doubles of things where i've either got the product as gratis, or there has been an eyeshadow in a quad that i already have.. I usually give any doubles that i get away to friends or family (who really don't appreciate it enough IMO), but this is what i have doubles of at the moment :S

Carbon Eyeshadow x 1
Nylon Eyeshadow x 1
Mothbrown Eyeshadow x 1
Satin Taupe Eyeshadow x 1
Espresso Eyeshadow x 1
Honeylust Eyeshadow x 1
Pink Freeze Eyeshadow x 1
Woodwinked Eyeshadow x 1
Shroom Eyeshadow x 1
Smut Eyeshadow x 2
Mulch Eyeshadow x 1
New Vegas Mineralize x 1
Moxie Lipstick x 1 (Bought it off eBay, then got one given to me in a goody bag from work)
Sweetie Lipstick x 1 (lost it, bought another one, then found it again)

jillianjiggs

while i think more than one backup is generally excessive, it depends on the person and the product.

if you don't have an insane mac addiction with backups and LEs you have never touched flying out the rear, and a lipstick or eyeshadow comes along that is your DREAM colour, your HG, something that flatters you like nothing before... get an extra or two. or if you know you go through lipglass in a month and you really love a unique shade, grab a couple. same with eyeliner or lip liner, as i go through the former very quickly.

chances are, by the time you go through your original product, mac will have released something that is similar enough, or maybe even rereleased it.

i sold and am trying to sell most of my msf backups, knowing i will never ever ever use them. by the time i use the main one up, i will be so over the colour or find a better product.

what i dont get is backups of perm colours
hmm.gif

MissMarley

I have one backup of Lightscapade (my HG). I would happily buy a couple of Crystal Rose backups if I ran across them at a CCO- that's definitely one I will use up and miss desperately!

ashleydenise

The only backup i've ever got was the Barbie Loves Mac e/s in Magic Dust.. and i only got one.. Other than that, I don't feel a need! lol

pokiedot

Here is my backup stash...

Indie Girl Lipstick (3)
Sharp Beige Lipstick (2)
Giddy Lipstick
Mellow Flame Lipstick
Holiday 2005 Cool Lip x6 Palette (3)
Pinked Mauve Pigment

That holiday cool lip palette is so perfect, it's like it was made just for me. I am hoping one of this year's comes close so I can start hoarding something new.
cutey.gif

Latest posts