How many languages do you speak or would you like to speak?

tigrazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I speak English & Italian and 2 types of Italian dialect that are sooooo far off from one another!

I'm curious about these dialects: where did you learned them? :>

brandiisamonkey

I speak Englis and Coonass (its a Louisiana thing) I can understand a tiny bit of spanish as well as speak a tiny bit, but id liek to learn more... Id like to know how to speak atleast 3 languages but I dont have anyone to teach moe and im to much of a procrastinator to get someone to help me lol!

tigrazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
I can speak English and Italian, a fair amount of French and a tiny bit of Japanese.

Ma quante persone che parlano italiano, non l'avrei mai detto!
lol.gif

Parishoon

I wish I knew more languages. It's one of my goals to better my language skills, especially the ones I don't know too well.
Currently I speak on a more or less fluent level:
Persian, English

I can get by in a pinch (but need to work on them):
Spanish, German, Arabic

I want to learn:
French, Turkish, Hindi/Urdu, Porteugese

My cousin has a friend who speaks Roma, I think that'd be totally cool to learn it

IslandGirl77

I speak English. I grew up with my Japanese Grandma who always spoke Japanese to me. And I only know a little, I guess I should of paid more attention to what she was saying. LOL I took Spanish and French in school. I remember very little French. I can understand spanish ok, I know some things, I can't keep up with my spanish freinds. LOL They talk so fast.

I would loove to learn Japanese and become more fluent in Spanish.
lol.gif

here_is_gone_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina83
hehe, yeah I'm welsh
smiles.gif

Im welsh too! 50 % the rest swedish and like 4 percent dutch and swiss and irish hhaah

SugarAsh182

I speak french (going to France this summer whoo hoo!) and english but...

I would love to learn to speak Greek because my SO and his entire family basically only speak Greek (well SO speaks english, but not his parents!)... and I want to know what they're saying about me! LOL j/k

I would also love to learn Japanese just because I am fascinated with their culture and anime. I just love the language. I would love to go to Japan someday.

mspixieears

I can speak English, French and Tagalog fairly fluently. Learnt French in school & uni, Tagalog (main dialect of Filipino) I picked up as I lived there for a year as a kid. Went back over a year ago for 2 weeks and in 1 week, I was fluent again. Yea!

I could also survive in Japan on my limited knowledge of the language, it was much better a few years back. Also have a smattering of Spanish from my Tagalog (!) & French knowledge. Tagalog has a lot of Spanish in it, would you believe!

Desperately want to learn German, have some ace German pals and would love to go there too. Also important in terms of classical music. Latin too, but highly unlikely I'll get that far.

YOOTOPiA

i can speak, read, write and understand english, korean and conversational japanese.
i would like to learn spanish as i only know how to ask questions but not understand the answers hah.
mandarin as well seeing how 1 in 6 people is chinese.

as_cute_as_pie

just english hah
done 6 high school years of french and kno useless words like pool, sea, i am etc lol
it annoyed me i dont have the patience to learn stuff like femine and masculine words etc lol

luminious

I speak english and spanish.. being puerto rican my spanish is very slangy and if i talk to different kinds of spanish people sometimes they dont understand.

vwilliams

Polish - (In a famillial context - My Mom's side of the family speak it when we get together)

Italian - conversational (I lived in the Veneto and Tuscany for a little while)
Chinese - limited (took it in college)
French - four years in high school

Shanti

I speak trailer trash.
winks.gif

I speak English fluently, and I don't take French in school anymore but anyways I know the very basic (not future tense... I forgot it from school) stuff. I know very minimal Spanish (I'm taking it in school for the 2nd year now) and I can BARELY speak Laotian (it's in Asia)- but I can understand enough of it to live. =)

stacey

I speak English. OH YEA!

I want to learn:
Tagalog (my mother tounge)
Farsi (so I can communicate better w/ my in-laws)
Arabic (so I can start praying)
Urdo (so I can understand Indian movies w/o reading subtitles)
Spanish (duh! cause like everyone in California speaks it)

Parishoon, are you Persian? My husband is Afghan.
smiles.gif

enka

I speak German, English (I hope to speak it better than I write it), Russian, Polish and Serbocroatian.
I'm doing a PhD in slavic studies, so this explans why I'm focused on slavic langugages.

I did Latin at school (7 years).