How many languages do you speak or would you like to speak?

MacVirgin

offcouse dutch cause in live in holland
smiles.gif
, english and fluent spanish. understand and speak a little portugese and capverdiaan

Dark_Phoenix

What languages do you speak?

What languages do you speak? out of curiousity since I know alot of us are from all over.

I speak Arabic and English with native proficiency (Arabic, then English and Italian). My Italian is fluent but I sometimes get tripped up over small phrases...

My Russian is very good, but not quite fluent. Hard to find someone to speak to at school in it (and my class is terrible).
Working on my French, but it's a half-hearted effort ~.~

*Luna*

Re: What languages do you speak?

I am jealous!!! I speak Engligh and Spanish. English is my first language but I was raised speaking both... lost some of the Spanish but I still consider myself fluent.

Holly

I speak English, French and Spanish, fluent in all of them
smiles.gif

DOLLface

English, and I'm working on French (I'm in French 1 at HS and I'm planning on taking it all four years). Hopefully, that will help me become fluent.

ExquisiteImages

I speak Vietnamese and English fluently. I've taken 6 years of French during high school and college, but I don't speak it as well.

glamdoll

Spanish was my first language and I speak it, and write it fluently.
English, and Im working on Italian!

lara

English as a first language, conversational German and Indonesian. I really should pick up some basic Cantonese for work; I'm located in one of the biggest shopping areas for Chinese tourists and the language barrier is a total stumper sometimes.

Ambi

Finnish, Swedish and English fluently, a little bit of German and Russian but not well enough to actually communicate with native speakers, I understand them but they might not understand me ;D

medusalox

English is my native language. I've taken French classes since I was 10, and I majored in it for a year before I switched...I've gotten a little rusty since then, but I think I could manage! I minored in German at the same time.

I've tried to teach myself Italian, Russian, Latin (useful, right?), and more German, but I'm at basic levels of those.

Currently, I'm teaching myself Arabic. It's difficult!

Showgirl

English as native tongue, fluent Italian, conversational French and German.

I'm fluent at talking absolute gibberish, though :)

SandMantas

English and conversational French. I really need to practice my french, as I'd like to stay up with it, but I can't really find anyone to practice with.
I've taken some spanish and arabic, and I'm teaching myself a bit of Russian.

Languages are one of my loves in life. I'd love to take more language classes, but my schedule just doesn't allow it. I was also planning on a study abroad, but I won't be able to do that now (but it's for a good reason- internship!)

mskitchmas

English (American
smiles.gif
) and Polish, fluently

and about 3 words in french (for the 3 years i studied)

smiles.gif

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusalox
Currently, I'm teaching myself Arabic. It's difficult!

Girl trust me you'll pick it up if you hear it spoken. You just have to get the accent down. Reading is EASY too because everything is written how it sounds so you just memorize the sounds of the letters and you're good.