How many languages do you speak or would you like to speak?

summer6310

Re: What languages do you speak?

I speak English, Chinese and Taiwanese. I am in US, English is my 2nd language. I am learning it everyday
smiles.gif

silverblackened

English, Mandarin, and working on Japanese. I also speak Teochew (a Chinese dialect) and um, Singlish. Which is essentially broken English mixed with Malay, Chinese, Tamil, etc. words and phrases, and a "language" that people generally aren't proud of, but hey, it's a total science to speak it right!
winks.gif

LuvBeMac

Overall I can speak in Malay-fluent, Indonesian-fluent, Arabic(standard Arabic, I hardly to catch with native slang), Thai(lil bit), Cantonese(try to master), and I can understand some Spanish,Japanese and Korea's words but cannot really talk.

Corien

Dutch and English fluently, Englisch being my first language. I'm still learning French, but I'm not good at it.

I also had German classes for two years, but I chose French over German, probably going to get German classes in one and a half year.

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBeMac
Overall I can speak in Malay-fluent, Indonesian-fluent, Arabic(standard Arabic, I hardly to catch with native slang), Thai(lil bit), Cantonese(try to master), and I can understand some Spanish,Japanese and Korea's words but cannot really talk.

Goodness, u r Miss Universe
smiles.gif
that's very impressive! Where are you from?

*Luna*

WOW you ladies are quite impresive!

Medusalox - I totally want to learn both Latin and Greek! I think they would both be incredibly useful for learning other languages.

I'm trying to talk DH into taking Italian, and then French I think is next on the list after that.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMantas
English and conversational French. I really need to practice my french, as I'd like to stay up with it, but I can't really find anyone to practice with.
I've taken some spanish and arabic, and I'm teaching myself a bit of Russian.

Languages are one of my loves in life. I'd love to take more language classes, but my schedule just doesn't allow it. I was also planning on a study abroad, but I won't be able to do that now (but it's for a good reason- internship!)

wavey.gif

We could be friends, I need to improve my english

French is my language, I learned english in school but I'm losing it, bit by bit
th_remoteImage-61.gif

SandMantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
wavey.gif

We could be friends, I need to improve my english

French is my language, I learned english in school but I'm losing it, bit by bit
th_remoteImage-61.gif

I would absolutely love that! I can definitely help you with your english in exchange for you helping me with my french, if you'd like! I'm so scared I'll lose it all, but I still can understand and read things quite well, but I'm just worried I won't have opportunities in the next several years to really practice.

MAC is love

Spanish was my first language, and I learned English when I started school. Fluent in both
smiles.gif

jenii

I speak Japanese at an intermediate level.

I also have a pathetically basic grasp of Spanish, French, and German.
lol.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I Speak English. I live in California and feel that I shouldn't have to learn another language until I visit another country. Then I will learn that Country's language before hand

LuvBeMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer6310
Goodness, u r Miss Universe
smiles.gif
that's very impressive! Where are you from?

I am from Malaysia so my mother tongue is Malay. I lived next to Thailand when I was a kid, so I learned it in order to befriend with them.
My grandmum Indonesian native, she speaks Indonesian with me.
During secondary school I tooe Arabic class for 5 years. It is a must!
Now Im in university I learned Spanish, Cantonese, and Japanase. Koreans language I learned from my friend but I only understand the word but cannot talk..All and all, Im poor at writing
ssad.gif

aeni

Wow- amongst all of you I feel like the odd stupid American who's forced to learn Spanish then immediately does a brain dump.

Risser

Chinese (1st language), English for my job and Minnan(Taiwanese, my grandfarther asked me to speck it when I was a child). I am learning Japanese and German.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
English, German and French fluently.

Woow, I didn't know that you were speaking French when I sent you pms in english
blush-anim-cl.gif

I speak French (my mother tongue) & English. Although I've got Spanish and Italian blood, I can't have a proper conversation. I used to speak Spanish a while ago (I've learned it during 4-5 years) but I have forgotten a lot
ssad.gif