How old is your OLDEST M.A.C makeup in your collection

Artemis

My Mascara X..I bought it in September when I first started buying MAC. I have only been a MAC addict for a few months. I was the first Mascara I ever used that didn't clump.

franimal

i have a bark eyeshadow from around 1997, and a savory lipstick from around 1998 and it doesnt even stink, though i dont ever use it anymore. i think with lipstick it just depends because i have had some for less than a year and they already smell bad. i have melody eyeshadow, ooh CCB, and frankly scarlet blush from around 2000 and they are all fine though sometimes with powder products they begin to develop a sort of hard film from not being used. i think you just have to go on a case by case basis and if the product smells funky or isnt of the same quality as you remember it, toss it out. I think mascara is one thing you shouldnt keep for a long time and second to that would be lipglass simply because of the moisture in it and the potential to build up bacteria.

ginger9

Media lipstick Circa the 1990s...gotta be 10 years old. I don't use it
tong.gif
but I cannot bring myself to BTM it since it's the old style MAC lip container (flat top) and it's a collectible now. It doesn't smell bad but I still wouldn't put it on my lip though
rofl.gif

dalgyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyelzti
I have a few eyeshadows that are 1.5 years old. It's ok to use old eyeshadows right?

eye shadows (powder products) are usually good for 2 years.. well, thats what i've heard. i know people def. use them for longer however.

tadzio79

oldest item I have in posession is pussy willow lipstick.
I don't remember when I got it (I know it's been several years), so I had to do a search and it was out in Dec 2002. I had couple of lipsticks prior to that but tossed them out (doh!). I haven't used it in a long time, but it doesn't smell bad. now I'm wondering if I should use it, lol

lilifee

As an addicted MAC fan, my oldest stuff is from around 92/93 some lipliners, powders, one pigment and i still got some lipstick in the old packaging-not using it anymore.
At that time i bought my stuff in London as in Germany there was no MAC available.
rofl.gif

bunkerkitten

My oldest MAC. . .
Blueberry Fizz lipstick, (which smells fine and I put on once and a while to freak out my boyfriend) Chroma Purple Python nail laquer and a 266 that I've had for like, 10 years. *shudder*

blueyedlady87

My oldest is Steamy e/s and it's still going strong at 6 years old. I have this great custom eyeshadow my mom got in 1987 and I still use it w/ no problems, hehe. Lipgloss IMO is the only thing I wouldn't use after a couple years since I have a sensitive nose and it tends to smell sort of funny, like musk/plastic, lol. Eyeshadow I'll always use.

giz2000

I have Fresco lipstick,Rosewood lipliner and Quarry eyeshadow from the early 90s in my box...:confused:

glued2mac

My oldest MAC is Quarry eyeshadow in the screwtop pot- I got it about 11 years ago. Gee I'm gettin' old.
hmm.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I have some old MAC eyeshadows (my first couple) from highschool, so they are maybe 5 or 6 years old. I don't plan to toss them anytime soon. (I wouldn't use a lip product that old though)

Latest posts