How you feel about "sharing" make-up?

DILLIGAF

I share shadows with my sister. THAT IS IT! She would never ask for my lip products and I would never ask for hers. If anyone I worked with asked for some lip balm im afraid I would have to say no. Sorry if it makes me seems bitchy but seriously I dont know what you do with your lips outside of work. Btw lipbalm is the only thing I carry to work. Ive had stuff stolen before.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I share shadows with my sister. THAT IS IT! She would never ask for my lip products and I would never ask for hers. If anyone I worked with asked for some lip balm im afraid I would have to say no. Sorry if it makes me seems bitchy but seriously I dont know what you do with your lips outside of work. Btw lipbalm is the only thing I carry to work. Ive had stuff stolen before.

I apply my sisters' eye shadow when she uses it over here but other than than that, we're exact. I used to tell my friend Lisa who's a clepto that I had herpes after she stole a few of my lipsticks. I know someone will come along and complain that herpes is never the answer but say that when you've been offed those and 6 of your eyeshadows. I wanted to see her get scared and I banned her from entering my bedroom near my make up again.

I should have been spiteful enough to ask her what that cold sore was near the outer corner of her mouth. I HATE when people even touch things because I think I have OCD about organization....I find Clinique with MAC later and I flip. Moral of the story, if you hate people asking you for your things, the herpes thing works pretty well....it's like the it's not you, it's me excuse.

Sammaji

I will share with close friends that I know and trust! And my mama. That's it!

What's really gross though is the people who will use the sample makeup at the counters. Even though Mac has little individual brushes/wands for you to use, I've seen people open them up and take some off with their finger, or just apply the lipstick outright. Just wiping the lipstick off is not really good enough for me. I try to avoid any and all samples at the makeup counters! Hey, there are things like swine flu going around. It's not worth it!!!!

krystaj

I will share with my mom and my sister.....I know if they're sick and I know their hygiene habits....which is more than I can say for some other people.

nichollecaren

a coworker i barely know asked for some of my lipgloss...I wiped the tip...told her to stretch a finger...squeezed some on...and wiped again. No offense was taken, i'm sure.

fortunately it was the kind in the tube with applicator tip...not wand (I hate those!)

malaviKat

I've never really shared makeup with anybody. My mom doesn't wear much makeup; my friends are a completely different ethnicity and skin tone (and most of them just weren't into makeup like I was growing up). I'm also a germaphobe like many of the people here so sharing makeup has never seemed like a good idea.

However, I am ashamed to admit that shortly after I got into MAC in a big way, the one friend I had (who I was concurrently encouraging to enjoy MAC) had come over for a day of playing in makeup (eye shadows). We used clean brushes, but she had this nasty habit of blowing on the brush to get the excess powder off..and then putting the brush back in the pan. And since I had a larger collection...some of those pans were mine.*tear*

We haven't gotten together to play in makeup since...but if we ever do, you can rest assured I'm teaching her how to tap her brush!

I've only done makeup for one other friend since...and I was SUPER careful about everything.

LisaOrestea

I don't mind sharing eyeshadows/blush with close friends but NEVER lip products.

I also hate sharing drinks with people. It makes me cringe, and not want to drink the rest of the drink afterwards.

gildedangel

I will share powders; but only under my direct supervision, especially after a monster roomate borrowed makeup after I specifically told her that she was not allowed to use it....

peachy pink

I def share - only with 3 of my closest friends and my mom. But ... it's icky to imagine how just some person you work with wants to use your lip balm. Eeks.

Willa

For girls who have a MUA kit, you can cut off the wands (mascara, gloss...)

thmbup.gif

I don't mind sharing with close friends / family who understand cleanliness, but even then I don't share mascara, eyeliner etc. I have a thing about the eyes, all sort of germs could get in there and I'm not about to take that risk! I was on a night out a while back and re-applying some makeup in the ladies, and some girl asks if she could use some of my lip gloss. I had a bit to drink and glared at her and said NO WAY. Harsh, but I think it was a lot of pent up anger from people trying to steal my makeup! hehe!!

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_hazey
I don't mind sharing with close friends / family who understand cleanliness, but even then I don't share mascara, eyeliner etc. I have a thing about the eyes, all sort of germs could get in there and I'm not about to take that risk! I was on a night out a while back and re-applying some makeup in the ladies, and some girl asks if she could use some of my lip gloss. I had a bit to drink and glared at her and said NO WAY. Harsh, but I think it was a lot of pent up anger from people trying to steal my makeup! hehe!!

Wait, some complete stranger asked to use your lipgloss?! I can understand a friend asking, but that's just GROSS!!!

joygasm

I share with my best friend. But shes the only person. Or family. But close family. I don't know, I don't really see a problem however, i never share brushes and that sort of thing. I use my own.
smiles.gif

I don't really share though...never had the need to. I don't really share drinks even cause i have a certain phobia haha.

Lauudd

I don't mind sharing lipgloss with my friends but there's no way I'm sharing my mascara! I've got like allergy in my eyes and I've got to clean them everyday with drops... They get RED when there's smoke so ... it's not a good idea!

MaskedBeauty

My makeup is off limits to everyone! lol. I have it in a locked train case. I do always carry carmex with me but luckily I have never had anyone ask to use it though. Except my mom like once.

hello_kitty

I've let my best friends use some of my stuff like eyeshadows when they were at my house (I don't let stuff leave my house), but not mascara. Chapstick/lip balm very rarely among my closest friends. And I've used some of my makeup on my mom for fun, but she used her own mascara.

But hell no to anyone that isn't very very close to me. And wow to the stories of complete strangers asking people to use their stuff... that's just crazy!

MizzTropical

I would if a family member asked nicely and it wasn't like an everyday thing or something. But my brushes~don't touch them please.
smiles.gif
lol I would feel like I had someone's elses face oil on my brush all the time then.(yucky) I never get asked to share anyways though because I don't have any friends besides my bf. lol

greengoesmoo

You just gotta learn to say "NO!"

It's something I had a lot of difficulty learning to do, but it's worth it.

If you don't want someone touching your stuff, why should you have to hide it away?

Also if that person can't appreciate why you said no, they probably aren't the sort of person you should allow near your stuff anyways!

I will happily lend my Bf a lip balm, and nail polish is like currency in my social circle, but if it's going on my face no way!

The part that gets me SOOO MUCH! is when people borrow without asking, "Oh hai, I jest used tha last of yer favrit impossible 2 replace gold indian liner, but it'z kewl, coz I'm sorry!
greengrin.gif
"

I used to happily share anything with my friends but now I'm pretty shitty about lending anything all, it either comes back tainted or not at all!

PeachTwist

I have on occasion. I had a friend over getting ready at my place with me and one of her friends came too that I didn't really know and she asked if she could use my gold eyeshadow and I was like, "Uhm... I guess" 'cause this girl can be a huge bitch I've found and I didn't quite know what to say. She took a brush and frigging DUG IT INTO my eye shadow and good lord. I went nuts. I can't STAND it. Frigging use your own damn makeup, leave mine alone. I paid for it, it's MINE.